Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 21
  1. #11
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Cook would be protecting his blindside. LMAO!
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.
    Wait, someone in another thread is trying to convince me that our OL is nationally recognized as good to great in pass protection.
    Sometimes this place cracks me up.

    ;D
    They are.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  2. #12
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,604
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Cook would be protecting his blindside. LMAO!
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.
    Wait, someone in another thread is trying to convince me that our OL is nationally recognized as good to great in pass protection.
    Sometimes this place cracks me up.
    ;D
    They are.
    Not that I am some great OL-minded guru... but I think our OL is recognized as being one of the very best in run blocking, and only average in pass protection.
    Cook is getting better, but still only average.
    And Mount McKinnie gets beat pretty often by a speedy pass rush.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #13
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,935

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Cook would be protecting his blindside. LMAO!
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.
    Wait, someone in another thread is trying to convince me that our OL is nationally recognized as good to great in pass protection.
    Sometimes this place cracks me up.

    ;D
    They are.
    Not that I am some great OL-minded guru... but I think our OL is recognized as being one of the very best in run blocking, and only average in pass protection.
    Cook is getting better, but still only average.
    And Mount McKinnie gets beat pretty often by a speedy pass rush.
    I couldn't believe it either.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  4. #14
    jessejames09's Avatar
    jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,233

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    Our team already has enough troubles with lefties.

    Dwight Smith anyone?

  5. #15
    Mr Anderson's Avatar
    Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    7,692

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Cook would be protecting his blindside. LMAO!
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.
    Wait, someone in another thread is trying to convince me that our OL is nationally recognized as good to great in pass protection.
    Sometimes this place cracks me up.
    ;D
    They are.
    Not that I am some great OL-minded guru... but I think our OL is recognized as being one of the very best in run blocking, and only average in pass protection.
    Cook is getting better, but still only average.
    And Mount McKinnie gets beat pretty often by a speedy pass rush.
    I think that most people have very little understanding of the importance of an offensive line, and how different pass and run blocking really are. So they see our line is extremely strong in the running game, and automatically think we offer great pass protection as well.

    And I also think that the left side of our line gets blitzed a lot harder than the right, since the opposing defensive coordinators know that Cook is nowhere near as talented as McKinnie, and he can be beaten by just a defensive end. So they attack the B gap(3 hole on offense) between the guard and tackle with a linebacker, and bring their speed rusher off the edge.

    McKinnie, Hutch, and Birk have been playing together for 2 full seasons now, and I expect them to be truly dominant next season. And when Hererra and Cook begin to gell the way the left side did this year the defensive attacks will balance out a little bit and no individuals will really be exploited.

  6. #16
    olson_10's Avatar
    olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    4,215

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    well since its seems to be that this team isnt going to go after a significant big time player at the position, this could be a nice pickup..low risk thats for sure..the guy comes in, competes for the starting job, probably wins it..if he becomes a big time quarterback then its nice for us, if hes just a backup, well then weve got a pretty good backup for a change

    if we dont go after mcnabb, anderson, pennington, then this is a nice move..guy still has alot to prove
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

  7. #17
    cogitans is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    6,403

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    Cook would be protecting his blindside. LMAO!
    Thats exactly what I was thinking.
    Wait, someone in another thread is trying to convince me that our OL is nationally recognized as good to great in pass protection.
    Sometimes this place cracks me up.
    ;D
    They are.
    Not that I am some great OL-minded guru... but I think our OL is recognized as being one of the very best in run blocking, and only average in pass protection.
    Cook is getting better, but still only average.
    And Mount McKinnie gets beat pretty often by a speedy pass rush.
    I couldn't believe it either.
    Still though. As they sucked early in the season they got better as the year wore on.

    Some of the worst sacks I saw this year, were when AP screwed up picking up anything in the protection game.

    Thanks to PPE for the sig.

  8. #18
    AngloVike's Avatar
    AngloVike is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Sandhurst, UK
    Posts
    6,784
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "cogitans" wrote:

    Still though. As they sucked early in the season they got better as the year wore on.

    Some of the worst sacks I saw this year, were when AP screwed up picking up anything in the protection game.
    thats often the problem with rookie RBs, they often have problems with picking up blitzes and pass protection - but he'll improve
    Time spent annoying a Packer fan is never time wasted...


  9. #19
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

    Still though. As they sucked early in the season they got better as the year wore on.

    Some of the worst sacks I saw this year, were when AP screwed up picking up anything in the protection game.
    thats often the problem with rookie RBs, they often have problems with picking up blitzes and pass protection - but he'll improve
    but until he does, we'll blame the sacks on McKinnie and Cook.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  10. #20
    Ranger's Avatar
    Ranger is offline Coach
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Posts
    1,080

    Re: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?

    "V" wrote:
    "AngloVike" wrote:
    "cogitans" wrote:

    Still though. As they sucked early in the season they got better as the year wore on.

    Some of the worst sacks I saw this year, were when AP screwed up picking up anything in the protection game.
    thats often the problem with rookie RBs, they often have problems with picking up blitzes and pass protection - but he'll improve
    but until he does, we'll blame the sacks on McKinnie and Cook.

    This post was pretty clutch. hahahaa

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Vikes interested in Simms?
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 08-19-2008, 10:37 AM
  2. Bears looking to add Chris Simms?
    By KYVikings in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 8
    Last Post: 05-02-2008, 10:35 PM
  3. MOVED: Could Lefthander Simms Be the Right Fit?
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-18-2008, 01:15 PM
  4. Simms Prepared To Sit Out 2007
    By singersp in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-16-2007, 05:28 AM
  5. BJ Move up -- Simms falters
    By COJOMAY in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 12-14-2005, 09:21 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •