Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Could Donte Stallworth be a Viking?

It'll be interesting to see what his demands are going to be when free agency starts next month. He is one of the top recievers on the market this year and we've seen teams over spend in the past on average players. I still say Stallworth has a promising career ahead of him and if the price is right the Vikes should definanetly pick him up.
    Go Big Or Go Home!!!

cyviking is offline Starter Spectromancer: Gamer's Pack Champion

"tb04512" wrote:
    i believe it ive been telling my buddies we should sign him, i dont think the eagles have enough money to keep him, ive been saying sign him as the number 1 he did great things in philly for only 2/3 of the season, i wouldnt mind bennett but only if we can get him cheap, otherwise id settle on brandon lloyd from washington if the cut him like expected....
    Brandon Lloyd hasnt produced much at all but he has been on really bad teams (49ers,redskins). Im leaning with you though he has talent. Ive seen him play he has a spark, thats why washington signed him, and thats why he will be starting somewhere next year. maybe in the right system w/ the right guys he could not just be a good player but a great player...is Minnesota that system though? probably not; but if all else fails giving Brandon Lloyd a shot would be ok with me.

id rather draft CJ or DJ or sign Stallworth in FA but meh
    "Lurker" turned Poster
    2005-06 The Lost Vikings

sleepagent is offline Hall of Famer

I think our receivers (expect T-Will) are kindof underrated due to the fact our line couldn't seem to get the blocking thing down with any consistency!

Before we cast them all aside . . . let's see what they're capable of when our O-line learns to function as a unit!

Having said that . . . we do need a legtimate #1 and / or someone to replace MOSS inside the 20 with the ability to out leap defenders in the end zone!

"No Greater Friend . . . No Worse Enemy. U.S. MARINES"
    "FIND YOUR PASSION AND MAKE IT HAPPEN!"
    "SUCCESS LOOKS EASY TO THOSE THAT WEREN'T THERE WHEN IT WAS BEING ACHIEVED!"

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

"sleepagent" wrote:
    I think our receivers (expect T-Will) are kindof underrated due to the fact our line couldn't seem to get the blocking thing down with any consistency!

Before we cast them all aside . . . let's see what they're capable of when our O-line learns to function as a unit!

Having said that . . . we do need a legtimate #1 and / or someone to replace MOSS inside the 20 with the ability to out leap defenders in the end zone!
    that would be dwayne jarrett, because cj will be gone, we need a big guy like jarrett and a speedy guy like stallworth and a decent #3 (aka twill with stickem)

Thanks josdin00

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"V4L" wrote:
    Could Stallworth be a Vike? Of course he can.. That would be gnarly

If he wants to take lets say.. 1.5-2.5 mill a year.. With incentives.. I would be more then willing to have him on the team

Backload his contract would also be a good idea..

Now I dont know if he would take any of that.. But that's what I would offer

One Love
    I agree with the incentives part but not sure about the backend on contracts.

If I am not mistaken, the current regime likes to front load most of the contract in the signing bonus or at least 1rst year so that we don't get into a 49'rs like cap scenario.

I think they are still paying Young, Rice and Joe
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Mr. Purple is offline Ring of Fame

I'm sure if he does hit the FA market he'll atleast look at us.Coming here he has an open opportunity to become a number 1 WR.I think his speed and Troy's would be somethin to see.

I'm hopin for Bennett via FA but Stallworth would be just as nice.

Theres NOTHING greater then a Florida Gator!
    "I promise everyone this. When Childress is let go in two years I can honestly say this.
    "I am not surprised"."-PurplePackerEater

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    I'm sure if he does hit the FA market he'll atleast look at us.Coming here he has an open opportunity to become a number 1 WR.I think his speed and Troy's would be somethin to see.
    Based on the lousy FA class of WRs this year and the amount of money some teams have available, I doubt Stallworth would look here.
    There are several teams with $30million+ available.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"sleepagent" wrote:

I don't see that happening because with the exception of Williamson, all the others are FA's.. Travis Taylor most likely won't be back, Bethel Johnson most likely won't be back, and Marcus Robinson was already cut.. I doubt that the Vikes bring Travis Taylor back, and the only way I see Bethel Johnson coming back is for kickoff returns and possible #3 or #4 WR..

If you add that with the possible cuts of Kleinsasser, and Wiggins, then we have alot of work to do with the offense.. Quite frankly, I am scared not knowing what we will have with the exception of Troy "I can't catch the f'n ball" Williamson on our WR crew..

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Re:Could Donte Stallworth be a Viking?

"PurpleHornsOfDestruction" wrote:
    "VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    I'm with you Shock on this one... I get a little tired of seeing misleading thread titles to make it appear that we already signed someone.. If I didn't know any better, reading this thread title, I would have thought that we signed Stallworth already..
    really sorry. That was kind of why I put the question mark but that wasn't enough so Ill change it sorry
    I didn't see anything wrong with the title.
    There was a ? telling me that it's a question.
    Not a statement

Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler

"Zeus" wrote:
    "WilliamsonOfTroy" wrote:
    Based on the lousy FA class of WRs this year and the amount of money some teams have available, I doubt Stallworth would look here.
    There are several teams with $30million+ available.

=Z=
    From sportsillustrated/cnn:
    Teams with plenty of money to spend -- such as the 49ers ($42 million), Titans ($36 million) and Jaguars ($31 million) -- are likely to get involved in the bidding for Donte Stallworth. That will drive up the price tag and likely push the Eagles, with approximately $12.5 million available for draft picks and free agents, out of the running.
    If it's true we will only have $12 mil in cap space I would say we're out of the running also. If it's not true I still don't know if Stallworth is worth getting into a bid war for. Speilman wants to find younger (cheaper) players with a long term upside. I don't think Stallworth will be cheap.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast