Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Could Chris Draft fill the hole at MLB for the Vikes?

I am still not sold on our LB candidates to effectively play the Mike spot:

http://www.stltoday.com/stltoday/sports/stories.nsf/rams/story/B516B13E29A5D0A48625729F00146506?OpenDocument
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

PacMan21 is offline Starter

Re: Could Chris Draft fill the hole at MLB for the Vikes?

I don't think he's anything special to tell you the truth. I wouldn't mind him as a guy for depth purposes, but not for starting. I think Leber-Henderson-Greenway would be better than Henderson-Draft-Greenway/Leber.

From what I've heard, EJ is supposed to be playing MLB (if the season started today) with Leber & Greenway on the outside.

I personally would like to add Cato June to play outside along with Leber & Henderson and make Greenway our MLB. But I doubt that happens.

The player I thought that would have the most impact on our team would've been Donnie Edwards. He's the exact type of player as Chad Greenway (cover/atheletic LB, just about 10 years older). They are both about 6-2 and I think Chad's just a little heavier. Edwards could've helped him out by either helping him switch to MLB or help him with his coverage skills. I truely think that Donnie Edwards was the best option as far as LB goes.

Oh well. I'm not too concerned with our LB's.

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

Even if EJ plays worse at MLB this year (which is his natural position anyway), he'd play at least as well as Napolean did last year.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

greenway lovers have to remember that the guy is coming back from his 2nd serious knee injury in a couple years..theres no guarentee that he will be as quick, or as good a player as he was when we drafted him..competition at a position is never a bad thing..sign draft, bring him in, and see who comes out the starter at each of the LB spots, that way we get the best combination of guys on the field
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    greenway lovers have to remember that the guy is coming back from his 2nd serious knee injury in a couple years..theres no guarentee that he will be as quick, or as good a player as he was when we drafted him..competition at a position is never a bad thing..sign draft, bring him in, and see who comes out the starter at each of the LB spots, that way we get the best combination of guys on the field
    I don't care if they sign anyone, but don't sign mediocre players and give them large signing bonuses if they're not the future of the team.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "olson_10" wrote:
    I don't care if they sign anyone, but don't sign mediocre players and give them large signing bonuses if they're not the future of the team.
    well clearly not..if there isnt alot of interest surrounding him, then he wont end up getting significant cash from anybody, including us..if he makes the team then great, if not then we dont gotta pay him a dime..i agree 100% with you, but my comment was towards the ppl that just wanna say "ah were fine with what weve got"..theres alotta ??? at LB
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

this guy could!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IqadSMQm5o

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

"PacMan21" wrote:
    I don't think he's anything special to tell you the truth. I wouldn't mind him as a guy for depth purposes, but not for starting. I think Leber-Henderson-Greenway would be better than Henderson-Draft-Greenway/Leber.

From what I've heard, EJ is supposed to be playing MLB (if the season started today) with Leber & Greenway on the outside.

I personally would like to add Cato June to play outside along with Leber & Henderson and make Greenway our MLB. But I doubt that happens.

The player I thought that would have the most impact on our team would've been Donnie Edwards. He's the exact type of player as Chad Greenway (cover/atheletic LB, just about 10 years older). They are both about 6-2 and I think Chad's just a little heavier. Edwards could've helped him out by either helping him switch to MLB or help him with his coverage skills. I truely think that Donnie Edwards was the best option as far as LB goes.

Oh well. I'm not too concerned with our LB's.
    Man, you must be ONE SMART DUDE!
    ;D

enlvikeman is offline Hall of Famer

What's up Cajun...long time no talk!

"24 mil under the cap? there are teams 30 mil over the cap, heck that gives us at least 50 mil to spend"

CollegeGuyJeff circa 2006

"enlvikeman" wrote:
    What's up Cajun...long time no talk!
    I've been here...you've been the one hiding!

Did you end up going to the Skins-Vikes game last year?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast