Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Could the Chargers be a potential draft day trade partner for the Vikings?

I think that the Vikes should use some of their lower picks to move up and get better talent at the "need" positions if the right players are available:

http://www.signonsandiego.com/uniontrib/20080414/news_1s14chargers.html

Let's face it, all nine draft picks won't make the roster, so why not make less picks but at better spots?
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Could the Chargers be a potential draft day trade partner for the Vikings?

i would be all for it, get a DE and an OT in the 1st, trade our 2nd and 3rd for it. Could get Chris Williams or Jeff Otah with the 17th pick, then get Groves with the 27th pick, i would go insane if we could pull that off.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I think that the Vikes should use some of their lower picks to move up and get better talent at the "need" positions if the right players are available:

Let's face it, all nine draft picks won't make the roster, so why not make less picks but at better spots?
    +1

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"cajunvike" wrote:

Yeah, it obviously depends on how the draft is going and how the team ranks the players, but I tend to agree.
    In my opinion, the money picks are 11-96.
    You want as many picks in that range as possible, because you're going to be able to find a good player (if the team did it's homework) and they're going to get paid next to nothing (to the extent that 7 figures can be next to nothing).
    Use the later picks to move around a few spots when you see someone you want and need to get him.

Of course, a lucky scouting department can find talent in any round.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Overlord" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:

Yeah, it obviously depends on how the draft is going and how the team ranks the players, but I tend to agree.
    In my opinion, the money picks are 11-96.
    You want as many picks in that range as possible, because you're going to be able to find a good player (if the team did it's homework) and they're going to get paid next to nothing (to the extent that 7 figures can be next to nothing).
    Use the later picks to move around a few spots when you see someone you want and need to get him.

Of course, a lucky scouting department can find talent in any round.
    And a GOOD scouting department can find a couple of SUPERSTARS at the positions of need with higher draft choices.
    Better to get a couple of superstars than a whole bunch of mediocre players that you could get via free agency otherwise.
    Thank God the Vikings were smart enough to pull the trigger on Peterson when six other teams (OK, four...since Calvin and Thomas were no-brainers too) let some stupid minor injuries discourage them from making the smart choice.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    i would be all for it, get a DE and an OT in the 1st, trade our 2nd and 3rd for it. Could get Chris Williams or Jeff Otah with the 17th pick, then get Groves with the 27th pick, i would go insane if we could pull that off.
    Groves will probally play LB in the pros.
    He's too small to play DE.

As for Otah....
    http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/ot/jeffotah.html

Has outstanding size with a huge frame and long arms...Great athlete with terrific quickness...Very light on his feet...Extremely strong and powerful...Is physical and aggressive...Mobile with nice range...Has a good initial punch..Shows the ability to recover when beat...Offers some versatility...Still improving and has major upside.

Weaknesses:
    Very raw and might be a bit of a project...Has some trouble with quickness...Hand use is sub par...Does not always play with proper leverage...He needs to work on getting in better shape...Work ethic and desire have been questioned...Has some trouble with power...Only has two years of experience against top DI competition.

Notes:
    Native of Nigeria...Didn't start playing football until his final year in high school...A JUCO transfer who spent two years at Valley Forge Military Academy...A potential left tackle and that's where he played in college but could also project to the right side as well...An excellent physical specimen who is already a great player but still oozes potential...Might just have a higher upside than any o-linemen in this draft.

he is 6-3 255 lbs, yes he is a little undersized, he can bulk up a tad bit to 265 and be a fine edge rusher(which we need). Our main concern on D is our pass rush, and he could help us out alot, if Harvey is gone he is the 2nd DE i would like to take.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:

Because having 9 draft picks improves the odds that the players who make the team are good.
    Most teams have drafted players who don't make the team even if the have 7 picks.

I'm sure if somebody falls that's worth trading up for, we'll do it.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

davike is offline Team Alumni

I would give up our first, second and third for McNeil, LT, Gate, Cromartie and Merriam.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"davike" wrote:
    I would give up our first, second and third for McNeil, LT, Gate, Cromartie and Merriam.
    move merriman back to DE, problem solved lol

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast