singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Could a Bears-Redskins Trade Help the Vikings?

[size=13pt]Could a Bears-Redskins Trade Help the Vikings?[/size]

Posted Apr 2nd 2007 11:07AM
    by Ryan Wilson

I tend to disregard anything on the Pioneer Press's "Don't Print That" gossip page -- mostly because it's too inane to even be accidentally true -- but this nugget is pretty good:..........

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Re: Could a Bears-Redskins Trade Help the Vikings?

The proposed trade of LBriggs makes no sense unless the Redskins are changing to a 3-4 defense.
    They have 3 good/decent LBs, including McIntosh, their top pick
    last year.
    So, another LB is a luxury, and would reduce their need for a DE or DT.

The Vikings are not likely to draft a DE in round 1 unless their draft board construction process unearthed something they can't pass on; i.e. someone so good, and certain to succeed, that a current DE becomes expendable and can be traded.
    That theory is flawed because the current DEs haven't done much lately to draw interest in a trade.
    The current DEs; Udeze, EJames, DScott, and JSmith will compete and yield an effective rotation.

Da Bearrrsss are discussing a trade with the team immediately above the Vikings, which means they would be targetting a player that they perceive won't drop past Minnesota.
    That seems to imply it is either Quinn or one of the WRs other than CJohnson.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Nebvikefan is offline Rookie

Yeah i think the bears are looking at Quinn.
    I think the vikes are VERY interested in Gaines Adams and if he is available, the vikes witll take the whole 15 mins to make a decision.
    Hopefully they can make it up to the podium on time too cause i would hate to see something like that to happen again. lol.
    "If you need two yards, I'll get you three.
    If you need five yards, I'll get you three.
    "-Leroy Hoard

The storyline from Chicago is that Lovie Smith likes Grossman.
    But I wonder if their GM, Angelo, wants to replace Grossman with Quinn?
    I wonder if Da Bearrrsss fans analyzed this angle?
    Hmmm... they're Da Bearrrsss fans after all, so I'll say no.
    I'll guess Da Bearrrsss think they can obtain CJohnson at 7.
    :

When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Nebvikefan" wrote:
    I think the vikes are VERY interested in Gaines Adams and if he is available, the vikes witll take the whole 15 mins to make a decision.
    Hopefully they can make it up to the podium on time too cause i would hate to see something like that to happen again. lol.
    atleast afterward they could claim they got the guy they really wanted anyway.

davike is offline Team Alumni

Could Lovie Smith really be that blinded with Grossman love that he wouldn't consider drafting Quinn if they had a chance? I don't think so, this is a business, a coach can't afford to have a "special player" that can make all sorts of mistakes and still hand them back the starting job. If Smith had a chance at a good QB prospect in the draft he would be crazy not to take him.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

"Purplexing" wrote:
    The storyline from Chicago is that Lovie Smith likes Grossman.
    But I wonder if their GM, Angelo, wants to replace Grossman with Quinn?
    I wonder if Da Bearrrsss fans analyzed this angle?
    Hmmm... they're Da Bearrrsss fans after all, so I'll say no.
    I'll guess Da Bearrrsss think they can obtain CJohnson at 7.
    :

Actually I checked out a few bears fan sites and they are saying they think that maybe they could trade all their draft picks for Vick and their dream team would be complete, the main line of thought there is "we have Hester and Urlacher, what else do we need to go to the SB? If we get Vick we would be untouchable"

"davike" wrote:
    Could Lovie Smith really be that blinded with Grossman love that he wouldn't consider drafting Quinn if they had a chance? I don't think so, this is a business, a coach can't afford to have a "special player" that can make all sorts of mistakes and still hand them back the starting job. If Smith had a chance at a good QB prospect in the draft he would be crazy not to take him.
    Smith / Angelo might think Grossman just needs a top WR to succeed.
    They thought Marshmallow Mohammed would be that guy when they got him 2-3 years ago.
    ENNNNTTT! Wrong!

Da Bearrrsss haven't had a quality QB since Sid Luckman, or George Blanda.
    Please don't try to convince me McMahon was a good QB.
    So, Quinn would likely bust if he were cursed by being selected by Da Bearrrsss.

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "davike" wrote:
    Smith / Angelo might think Grossman just needs a top WR to succeed.
    They thought Marshmallow Mohammed would be that guy when they got him 2-3 years ago.
    ENNNNTTT! Wrong!

Da Bearrrsss haven't had a quality QB since Sid Luckman, or George Blanda.

Please don't try to convince me McMahon was a good QB.
    So, Quinn would likely bust if he were cursed by being selected by Da Bearrrsss.
    Having a top WR doesn't help fumbling or just plain bad decisions. I just think that Grossman is just one of the most inconsistent players in the league right now, he just doesn't have what it takes to be a good NFL QB.

tb04512 is offline Team Alumni

[quote author=Nebvikefan link=topic=32991.msg559053#msg559053 date=1175556720]
    [/quote

arnt you glad we didnt draft ryan sims??? everyone complains but everyone forgets we got kwilliams out of it... ooo the horrrorrrr

Thanks josdin00