Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Coordinators Address Media

"HillsVike" wrote:
    We brought Hicks in as our 3rd RB and for KO returns.
    If Allison can come through as a reciever as expected, then we have two good KO retruners (one proven and one with great potential as we saw last year).
    We need players that are versatile.
    What would happen to Chicago if Hester went down?
    With these two we have two good KO returners and players that can contribute on the offense.
    Excellent post my friend.

Especially your point on versatility.
    This staff does like to bring in guys that can play multiple positions.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Chazz is offline Coordinator

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Q: Have you noticed if he’s better through OTAs and mini-camp at throwing the deep ball?

A: I think he’s better in every area from this time last year to where he is now. He’s made great improvements, and that’s a credit to him and how hard he’s wanted to work to get better.
    Again they are wrong.
    He is better cause Booty is there pushing him not be cause he has been pushing himself.

;D

Q: Would you feel comfortable taking five quarterbacks into training camp or do you get the sense that some of them are fighting for a training camp spot?

A: I think that’s a question for Coach (Childress) and for Rick (Spielman), how many we’re going to take and what the roster spots are. I’m comfortable with however many they will give me, and then we’ll go from there.
    Wrong again....... We all know that the Chiller makes all the decisions don't we.
    (Marrdro gets strange looks from his cube mates for ROTFLHMFAO)
    ;D ;D ;D

Q: Does Maurice Hicks stand any chance of returning punts?

A: No, that’s not something that he does. Really he’s more valuable on that team as a guy that’s going to hold up and block for the returner.
    I didn't know that.....!!!!
    I thought he was brought in to return KO's and punts. How the hell did I get that so wrong?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HickMa00.htm
    http://www.sf49ers.com/team/roster_d...on=TE%20Roster

This is what I've been trying to explain to you. Its why I believe JJ has a good chance to make the roster. It IS why he was drafted IMO. They don't use the same guy for punt returns as kick off returns. AA, AD, T-Will never fielded a punt, but all fielded kick-offs.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Q: Have you noticed if he’s better through OTAs and mini-camp at throwing the deep ball?

A: I think he’s better in every area from this time last year to where he is now. He’s made great improvements, and that’s a credit to him and how hard he’s wanted to work to get better.
    Again they are wrong.
    He is better cause Booty is there pushing him not be cause he has been pushing himself.
    ;D

Q: Would you feel comfortable taking five quarterbacks into training camp or do you get the sense that some of them are fighting for a training camp spot?

A: I think that’s a question for Coach (Childress) and for Rick (Spielman), how many we’re going to take and what the roster spots are. I’m comfortable with however many they will give me, and then we’ll go from there.
    Wrong again....... We all know that the Chiller makes all the decisions don't we.
    ;D ;D ;D

A: No, that’s not something that he does. Really he’s more valuable on that team as a guy that’s going to hold up and block for the returner.
    I thought he was brought in to return KO's and punts. How the hell did I get that so wrong?

This is what I've been trying to explain to you. Its why I believe JJ has a good chance to make the roster. It IS why he was drafted IMO. They don't use the same guy for punt returns as kick off returns. AA, AD, T-Will never fielded a punt, but all fielded kick-offs.
    Plus Memo is gone & he returned half the punts last season.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

"Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again they are wrong.

;D

;D ;D ;D

You sure the hell haven't done a very good job of it my friend.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

Try again and this time tell me why he will be better than AA, (20 returns, 574 yds, 1 TD, Ranked 3rd in avg/28.7, Tied for 2nd with longest 104yds) who is going into his second year, is bigger and more physical and doesn't/won't have problems getting off the line against physical CB's.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/statis...on=2&year=2007
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again they are wrong.

;D

;D ;D ;D

;D
    ;D
    ;D

Try again and this time tell me why he will be better than AA, (20 returns, 574 yds, 1 TD, Ranked 3rd in avg/28.7, Tied for 2nd with longest 104yds) who is going into his second year, is bigger and more physical and doesn't/won't have problems getting off the line against physical CB's.

Tell me again...how many punts AA returned??

I'll wager you that JJ exeeds AA punt return yards last year. And surpass it the preseason.

You alway's bring up things that have nothing to do with a punt returner, and never address that. Nowhere have I ever stated that he would replace AA. Or for that matter, return kickoffs. That job is AA, Hicks, and ADs.

So tell me then...who will be our punt returner this year?? I sure hope its not B-Wade.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"singersp" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again they are wrong.
    ;D

;D ;D ;D

Plus Memo is gone & he returned half the punts last season.
    I think we're safe to drop a HB or FB for a WR for sure. How often would we use the likes of Tahi or Hicks anyways.

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

I think you guys missed the most "troublesome" line in all the interviews. It's this:
    Q: How are the new guys like Bernard Berrian and Thomas Tapeh fitting in?

A: I think they’ve done a nice job of fitting in. Bernard, the reason we brought him in here is to catch the football, one, and to get behind the defense. He’s been able to do that a few times. He’s still working to learn the offense. He’s a pro at it; he’s picked it up very quickly. Tapeh, he’s lucky that he’s been in a similar system. It’s been a pretty easy, seamless transition for him to come in, and I’ve seen him do a nice job. The only thing with that position is we’re not hitting anybody, and we’ll have to wait to see whether he wants to go in there and bang his head against a wall.

Might Tapeh not be a good blocker?
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    I think you guys missed the most "troublesome" line in all the interviews. It's this:
    Q: How are the new guys like Bernard Berrian and Thomas Tapeh fitting in?

A: I think they’ve done a nice job of fitting in. Bernard, the reason we brought him in here is to catch the football, one, and to get behind the defense. He’s been able to do that a few times. He’s still working to learn the offense. He’s a pro at it; he’s picked it up very quickly. Tapeh, he’s lucky that he’s been in a similar system. It’s been a pretty easy, seamless transition for him to come in, and I’ve seen him do a nice job. The only thing with that position is we’re not hitting anybody, and we’ll have to wait to see whether he wants to go in there and bang his head against a wall.

Might Tapeh not be a good blocker?
    I've did some research on Tapeh and he's always been a very solid RunBlocker and his past RB's will stand for it. Childress knows him well and in noway would bring in a guy who couldn't block from the FB position. Another reason I like Tapeh is how exepting he is in his role. Just what we needed but we get him in his prime.

I think Topeh will make us forget Richardson and possibly add more in terms of being reciever out of the backfield. He could see his first Pro Bowl year in front of Peterson.

"Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again they are wrong.

;D

;D ;D ;D

;D
    ;D
    ;D

I'll wager you that JJ exeeds AA punt return yards last year. And surpass it the preseason.

You alway's bring up things that have nothing to do with a punt returner, and never address that. Nowhere have I ever stated that he would replace AA. Or for that matter, return kickoffs. That job is AA, Hicks, and ADs.

So tell me then...who will be our punt returner this year?? I sure hope its not B-Wade.
    Damn, you got me with my head still focused on KR........ ;D

It sure the hell won't be B-wade unless we get in a jam like last year and he has to do it, however,........

- Special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro threw some names in the ring for the kick and punt return battles. He said newly-acquired free agent Maurice Hicks and Aundrae Allison have the inside track at kick return, with Adrian Peterson possibly coming into the mix as well.

For punt return, Ferraro indicated that the battle is a little more wide open. Hicks won’t be an option on punt return, because he is more valuable as a blocker in those situations, according to Ferraro. That leaves Allison, Charles Gordon, and a slew of young guys to battle it out.

Ferraro even mentioned Bernard Berrian as a guy who could return a kick or two this season.
    .....my bet would be on AA, Gordon or a slew of a slew of young guys.
    ;D

http://www2.kfan.com/content/vikings...0-04a545604873

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again they are wrong.

;D

;D ;D ;D

;D
    ;D
    ;D

Damn, you got me with my head still focused on KR........ ;D

It sure the hell won't be B-wade unless we get in a jam like last year and he has to do it, however,........

- Special teams coordinator Paul Ferraro threw some names in the ring for the kick and punt return battles. He said newly-acquired free agent Maurice Hicks and Aundrae Allison have the inside track at kick return, with Adrian Peterson possibly coming into the mix as well.

For punt return, Ferraro indicated that the battle is a little more wide open. Hicks won’t be an option on punt return, because he is more valuable as a blocker in those situations, according to Ferraro. That leaves Allison, Charles Gordon, and a slew of young guys to battle it out.

Ferraro even mentioned Bernard Berrian as a guy who could return a kick or two this season.
    .....my bet would be on AA, Gordon or a slew of a slew of young guys.

;D

http://www2.kfan.com/content/vikings...0-04a545604873
    They didn't have AA return punts last year, so I'm inclined to think that he will see very limited action there. I think we will see alot of Hicks and AA on kickoffs. Gordon is an intriguing candidate. Has he ever returned punts before? A slew of young guys is my bet, with JJ the leading candidate. In order for one of the slew of young guys to return punts they first would have to make the active roster. That sounds like we will have a young guy make the roster(6 WRS).

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast