Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Coordinators Address Media

http://vikings.com/NewsArticle_coordquotes060708.aspx

Re: Coordinators Address Media

Q: Where do you see Benny Sapp’s role? Is he a guy who can compete for the nickel or dime?

A: Yeah, when we were making a decision whether to sign him or not, that’s where we saw him as a guy who can compete for the nickel position but also really push for the third corner spot. He has a lot of talent. He had some productive years in Kansas City, so we’ll see how it plays out.
    I remember Marrdro saying this guy was a non factor but it looks as if he might sneak into the #3 spot.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Q: Have you noticed if he’s better through OTAs and mini-camp at throwing the deep ball?

A: I think he’s better in every area from this time last year to where he is now. He’s made great improvements, and that’s a credit to him and how hard he’s wanted to work to get better.
    Again they are wrong.
    He is better cause Booty is there pushing him not be cause he has been pushing himself.
    ;D

Q: Would you feel comfortable taking five quarterbacks into training camp or do you get the sense that some of them are fighting for a training camp spot?

A: I think that’s a question for Coach (Childress) and for Rick (Spielman), how many we’re going to take and what the roster spots are. I’m comfortable with however many they will give me, and then we’ll go from there.
    Wrong again....... We all know that the Chiller makes all the decisions don't we.
    (Marrdro gets strange looks from his cube mates for ROTFLHMFAO)
    ;D ;D ;D

Q: Does Maurice Hicks stand any chance of returning punts?

A: No, that’s not something that he does. Really he’s more valuable on that team as a guy that’s going to hold up and block for the returner.
    I didn't know that.....!!!!
    I thought he was brought in to return KO's and punts. How the hell did I get that so wrong?

http://www.pro-football-reference.co...H/HickMa00.htm
    http://www.sf49ers.com/team/roster_d...on=TE%20Roster
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"marstc09" wrote:
    Q: Where do you see Benny Sapp’s role? Is he a guy who can compete for the nickel or dime?

A: Yeah, when we were making a decision whether to sign him or not, that’s where we saw him as a guy who can compete for the nickel position but also really push for the third corner spot. He has a lot of talent. He had some productive years in Kansas City, so we’ll see how it plays out.
    I remember Marrdro saying this guy was a non factor but it looks as if he might sneak into the #3 spot.
    Why do you think that yutz is right about anything.
    To quote a famous special teams coordinator......." we’ll see how it plays out".

;D

Seriously though, I just don't see him beating out Gordon as the number 3.
    Could it happen? Yes, but I just don't see it.

Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

To quote a famous special teams coordinator......." we’ll see how it plays out".

;D

Me too. I think Gordon is a beast and very underrated.

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D

Quit picking on my predictions/analysis then.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

;D

Quit picking on my predictions/analysis then.
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    ;D
    I'm not. That was the only thought that popped in my head when I read that part. Sorry. Even geniuses got picked on.
    We just might have received a nice addition in Benny Sapp.

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Q: Have you noticed if he’s better through OTAs and mini-camp at throwing the deep ball?

A: I think he’s better in every area from this time last year to where he is now. He’s made great improvements, and that’s a credit to him and how hard he’s wanted to work to get better.
    Again they are wrong.
    He is better cause Booty is there pushing him not be cause he has been pushing himself.
    ;D

Q: Would you feel comfortable taking five quarterbacks into training camp or do you get the sense that some of them are fighting for a training camp spot?

A: I think that’s a question for Coach (Childress) and for Rick (Spielman), how many we’re going to take and what the roster spots are. I’m comfortable with however many they will give me, and then we’ll go from there.
    Wrong again....... We all know that the Chiller makes all the decisions don't we.
    ;D ;D ;D

A: No, that’s not something that he does. Really he’s more valuable on that team as a guy that’s going to hold up and block for the returner.
    I thought he was brought in to return KO's and punts. How the hell did I get that so wrong?

Marr I'm with you on
    your last part.
    I was shocked to read that Hicks will be completely non-factor in the punt return game.
    But then they mentioned that they like how he is at kick returning, which is actually what was mentioned most of the time in articles when we snagged him.
    I think Hicks & Allison will be a good combination to have back fielding KO's

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again they are wrong.

;D

;D ;D ;D

Marr I'm with you on
    your last part.
    I was shocked to read that Hicks will be completely non-factor in the punt return game.
    But then they mentioned that they like how he is at kick returning, which is actually what was mentioned most of the time in articles when we snagged him.

Maybe AA will have a bigger role in the passing scheme and can't take the risk of returning kicks?
    :

HillsVike is offline Waterboy

We brought Hicks in as our 3rd RB and for KO returns.
    If Allison can come through as a reciever as expected, then we have two good KO retruners (one proven and one with great potential as we saw last year).
    We need players that are versatile.
    What would happen to Chicago if Hester went down?
    With these two we have two good KO returners and players that can contribute on the offense.

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Again they are wrong.

;D

;D ;D ;D

Marr I'm with you on
    your last part.

Maybe AA will have a bigger role in the passing scheme and can't take the risk of returning kicks?

:

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast