Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Cool article on Dennis Dixon.

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Denis I like watching the guy playi n college but selectign him in the 5th is still two high.
    I doubt he will ever pan out as Qb in the pros but.... Why not just draft a real WR instead of working on a project Qb. My favorite guy Bowman should be there in the 5th.
    who is known to have off the field issues, im sure chilly wants that, ill take robert ferguson over him
    I just gave my favorite guy. My point is there are other "real WRs" out there.
    Why try to turn a QB into one. For every Ward and Randle El, you have dozens of Qbs hat did not pan out at wr. Get me a WR.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    Denis I like watching the guy playi n college but selectign him in the 5th is still two high.
    I doubt he will ever pan out as Qb in the pros but.... Why not just draft a real WR instead of working on a project Qb. My favorite guy Bowman should be there in the 5th.
    who is known to have off the field issues, im sure chilly wants that, ill take robert ferguson over him
    I just gave my favorite guy. My point is there are other "real WRs" out there.
    Why try to turn a QB into one. For every Ward and Randle El, you have dozens of Qbs hat did not pan out at wr. Get me a WR.
    i think converting him to WR would be dumb too, but if we draft him late its not as big of a risk to bring him in and get rid of Bollinger

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"kevoncox" wrote:
    With you being such a McKinnie fan I can see how you might be attracted to a guy like Bowman, but we are talking about a guy who was kicked out of North Carolina for Marijauna then got busted April 1st for Marijauna right before the draft. Granted Marijauna doesn't make anybody a bad person or a violent person I don't think there is room for it in a profession such as pro football or any. I'm quite sure the guy isn't even on our board at this time, especailly considering how strict we are about these types of issues. Not only has he been in trouble with the law, he also ran a 4.76 and has issues with dropped passes.

I also think it would be wise to give Berrian and Rice a shot. I know you want a WR or think we still need one but our two starters this year are completely different from last year. With Berrian, Rice, Wade, Allison, and Fergy it will be a real challenge for any rookie to make the squad this year, if so I imagine the reliable Fergy who see his way out.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

I LOLed when I seen that in last weeks SI.

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

I figure some team will nab in in the 5th or 6th.

If we are looking at a long-term project anyways, the injury could have plenty of time to heal before we would have to worry....

Just a thought...

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    With you being such a McKinnie fan I can see how you might be attracted to a guy like Bowman, but we are talking about a guy who was kicked out of North Carolina for Marijauna then got busted April 1st for Marijauna right before the draft. Granted Marijauna doesn't make anybody a bad person or a violent person I don't think there is room for it in a profession such as pro football or any. I'm quite sure the guy isn't even on our board at this time, especailly considering how strict we are about these types of issues. Not only has he been in trouble with the law, he also ran a 4.76 and has issues with dropped passes.

I also think it would be wise to give Berrian and Rice a shot. I know you want a WR or think we still need one but our two starters this year are completely different from last year. With Berrian, Rice, Wade, Allison, and Fergy it will be a real challenge for any rookie to make the squad this year, if so I imagine the reliable Fergy who see his way out.
    The funny thing about it is that I'm not a huge Mac fan.
    I think Bowman would have been a solid 3rd - 4th rounder had he not gotten caught smoking week. He's a idiot but I liked watching him play a lil but. Prior to the drug charge, he was bigger, faster and a better blocker than Fergerson. Just one of my WR guys. I also like Sweed.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

Dixon would be a great fit in the WCO. A true WCO QB needs to make people miss with their feet (pocket presence) on nearly every play. Dixon's good for that and he can make all the throws.

The more I stew on it the better Dixon fits for us.

"jessejames09" wrote:
    Dixon would be a great fit in the WCO. A true WCO QB needs to make people miss with their feet (pocket presence) on nearly every play. Dixon's good for that and he can make all the throws.

Are you serious? I see him going to back to baseball.

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "jessejames09" wrote:

Are you serious? I see him going to back to baseball.
    Actually, he was pretty terrible at baseball. I don't think he'd ever make it out of the minor leagues. He was playing for (I think) Atlanta's farm team and went through a really bad hitting slump. It was then that he decided to return to football, at which point he kicked asses until he was injured.

I'm still not necessarily sure I think he's a good fit for the Vikes, but the Ducks fan in me would love to draft him. Honestly I think if he can add some bulk (and that is an if) he will be successful in the NFL.

tgorsegner is offline Coordinator

"The" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    I could see drafting him in the later rounds, giving him a shot to show what he can do at QB...then if that doesn't work out, converting him to a Hines Ward-type WR.
    That's an interesting idea I hadn't thought about. He's definitely built more like a receiver than a QB, and he has a receiver's speed (4.49 40-yard dash) and size (6'4"). Converting him could open up all kinds of trick plays and whatnot. Fun stuff.
    Matt Jones anyone?

VikesFan787, Thanks for the awesome sig!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast