Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

Cool article on Dennis Dixon.

This is not an endorsement for Dennis (even as an Oregon fan). I just thought it was an interesting article, particularly how he's broadcasting his rehab over the net for scouts to check out.

[size=16pt]Dennis, Anyone?[/size]

With a twist of the knee, Dennis Dixon's Heisman Trophy and national title hopes vanished. Now, after five months of high-tech rehab, the Oregon QB is holding tight to his NFL dreams

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Cool article on Dennis Dixon.

Thanks my friend.
    A interesting approach to say the least.

By the way, I know a certain PPO poster who will love this.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks my friend.

;D
    HELL YEAH YA DO!!!

I like T-Jack and all, but I think Dixon could come in here and legitimately challenge for the starting spot. I'm a HUGE fan of Dixon... if we can pick him up in ANY ROUND (excluding the first of course), I'd say take him.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

I could see drafting him in the later rounds, giving him a shot to show what he can do at QB...then if that doesn't work out, converting him to a Hines Ward-type WR.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"C" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks my friend.

;D
    HELL YEAH YA DO!!!

I like T-Jack and all, but I think Dixon could come in here and legitimately challenge for the starting spot. I'm a HUGE fan of Dixon... if we can pick him up in ANY ROUND (excluding the first of course), I'd say take him.
    Ding....... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

The Dropper is offline Star Spokesman

"cajunvike" wrote:
    I could see drafting him in the later rounds, giving him a shot to show what he can do at QB...then if that doesn't work out, converting him to a Hines Ward-type WR.
    That's an interesting idea I hadn't thought about. He's definitely built more like a receiver than a QB, and he has a receiver's speed (4.49 40-yard dash) and size (6'4"). Converting him could open up all kinds of trick plays and whatnot. Fun stuff.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

if he is there in the later rounds(5,6 or 7) id say pick him up. If he can get back from his injury quick enough he could be a threat to take over is tjack sucks next year. Some "experts" say he is a one year wonder, but picking him up late in the draft it wouldnt come back to bite us if he was one.

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

I kind of like the idea of drafting this guy late, too.
    Sounds like he's got all the physical ability in the world, he just had that knee injury to worry about.
    That and he played for Oregon in a shotgun-spread offense, or so I hear.
    In my mind, he seems to be someone that the coaching staff could bring along over a couple years as Tarvaris either solidifies his starting spot or gets kicked to the curb.

But I was wondering if he's even on the team's draft board, because as far as I know he wasn't brought in for a visit.
    I know we only drafted a few of the guys we looked at last year, but with the injury concerns I would think he would be someone you would look at if you were at all interested.

I'm probably wrong, but we'll see.
    When the age of the Vikings came to a close, they must have sensed it. Probably, they gathered together one evening, slapped each other on the back and said, "Hey, good job." - Jack Handey [Deep Thoughts]

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Denis I like watching the guy playi n college but selectign him in the 5th is still two high.
    I doubt he will ever pan out as Qb in the pros but.... Why not just draft a real WR instead of working on a project Qb. My favorite guy Bowman should be there in the 5th.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"kevoncox" wrote:
    Denis I like watching the guy playi n college but selectign him in the 5th is still two high.
    I doubt he will ever pan out as Qb in the pros but.... Why not just draft a real WR instead of working on a project Qb. My favorite guy Bowman should be there in the 5th.
    who is known to have off the field issues, im sure chilly wants that, ill take robert ferguson over him

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast