Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    DarrinNelsonguy is offline Team Alumni

Re: Contract talks started with McMahon

"Deadly_Diabetic" wrote:
    I am not happy about this. We better not spend anything much over league minimum on the guy. I guess I have to find small comfort in the fact that this is the first FA signing that I haven't agreed with but still...

Not happy at all....

-DD
    Who else is left to be a backup, besides we will draft a young QB to be the eventual starter. I prefer this move to signing Harrington.
    "Hard work beats talent, when talent doesn t work hard."

mogwai is offline Starter

sure he can be our 3rd string qb.then we trade a 2nd rd. pick this year and a 2nd next year for matt schaub...yeah i like that plan..#1 brad-#2matt-#3 mike.it works

I don't know. If I had my choice of Lions washouts, I think I would rather have Harrington over McMahon. I think Harrington has more upside than McMahon but I think they are both at about the same level of play right now. Does that make sense? Anyway, the one thing that McMahon brings to the table is prior knowledge of the system and I think that is probably a good thing when you are installing a BRAND NEW system. In other words, McMahon can step in with any of the packages and run it with out having the learning curve that the rest of the guys will have. It may help the rest of the team learn faster. Or atleast the second team guys.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

aceclown is offline Coach

"sleepagent" wrote:
    "aceclown" wrote:
    McMahon is not that bad, he just got put in a reeeaaally bad situation last year. By the time he had to take over, 4 out of the original 5 starting offensive linemen were injured which gave him almost no time to work in the pocket.

Also, when he stepped in not only was Owens gone, but so was Westbrook. He was basically working with an all second-team offense which made him look really bad.
    I guess its the same story in Detroit too? He shows flashes of greatness, but just can't get it together . . . just like Harrington.

Maybe they feel they can get him cheap and need a 3rd QB with their sights set on the draft. I guess we'll see.
    Exactly, if we can get a QB in the draft as our 2nd string, McMahon would make an excellent emergency 3rd string QB. Much better than J.T O'Sullivan or Shaun Hill.

Chuch.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"mogwai" wrote:
    sure he can be our 3rd string qb.then we trade a 2nd rd. pick this year and a 2nd next year for matt schaub...yeah i like that plan..#1 brad-#2matt-#3 mike.it works
    Screw that...we let Atlanta groom Schaub this year...then sign him to a HUGE offer sheet next year...and we only have to give GREEDY Atlanta a 3rd rounder...F*** the Falcons...they will end up being the ones getting screwed!!! :evil4:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "mogwai" wrote:
    Screw that...we let Atlanta groom Schaub this year...then sign him to a HUGE offer sheet next year...and we only have to give GREEDY Atlanta a 3rd rounder...F*** the Falcons...they will end up being the ones getting screwed!!! :evil4:
    Yes, I hate the Dirty Birds for what they did to us in '98 and if we can steal players from them it would be great but I bet they place a 1st round tender on him next season as a RFA.

mogwai is offline Starter

i don't want atlanta grooming my qb. have you noticed the bad job they've done with vick

I was about to say the exact same thing Darrin. I mean they already gave up this years first rounder INSTEAD of giving up Schaub so there is no way they lowball him next year unless he gets hurt. Otherwise they may make that 1st and 3rd round tender on him AND I bet atleast one team will be willing to do it.

-DD
    The Betic Always Gets His Shot!

Navycoach is offline Starter

The jury is still out for me on McMahon. If Childress pulled this guy into Winter Park, he did it for a reason. Maybe there's somthing there that we don't see. Hell, the coaches know better than most of us do. I'm going to give him a break right now. He was in a bad situation in Philly coming in for McNabb, and that is tough for ANY QB in this league to turn around. Could be off my rocker though, who knows?

The one thing I remember about McMahon (no NOT Jim Cajun) is him lighting up the Packers on Thanksgiving a couple of years ago.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast