Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

Computer loves Harvin, Vikings in simulation

Computer loves Harvin, Vikings in simulation
    By Paul Bessire
    WhatIfSports.com
    Posted Jun 19, 2009

A computer simulation that runs each regular-season game 10,000 times has the Vikings winning the NFC North by three games and Percy Harvin exploding onto the scene. And that's without Brett Favre. Get the summary of each team in the division.
    http://min.scout.com/2/873537.html

SharperImage is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Computer loves Harvin, Vikings in simulation

Don't Believe The Hype!

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

Anybody recall what the computer had us doing last year?
    I wonder how much accuracy these things have had historically.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Dude!
    Freakin Sweeeeeet!!!
    Nice Read, THanks!!

Biggest Strength: Rushing Offense - I want to popularize a "rushing margin" statistic to best quantify just how ridiculous the Vikings have been for the last two seasons. In 2007, Minnesota ran for 2.2 more yards-per-carry than their competition. In 2008, that value was still a league-leading 1.2. The offensive line is fantastic with guys like Steve Hutchinson and Bryant McKinnie creating holes. Chester Taylor is still a legitimate weapon. Percy Harvin is a freak. Possible starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson can run. And, oh yeah, Adrian Peterson may be the best player in football. [size=10pt]If the Vikings stick to the run, they won't need to worry about who is playing quarterback to win.[/size] In the projections, Minnesota rushes for 2,691 yards on 567 carries.
    Thank You!!!
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

gagarr is offline Team Alumni

I like the optomism, but I wouldn't trust any computer that had the Vikes lowest winning potential against the Cards at 33%, the team the Vikes slaughtered. 35-14 last year and the Vikes sort gave them the 14. Going into half up 28-0, the Vikes came out flat in the 3rd Qtr..

That is something I hate to see the Vikes do, they just don't know how to channel their "inner Viking" and not just beat their opponents, but rip off their head and spit down their throat.
    That game should have ended 41-0.
    The Giants in 2000, knew how to punish then decapitate a opponent, 41-0.

The last time the Vikes goose egged an opponent was Oct 10 1993.
    [size=12pt]
    Page 148.5 **Doleman 150.5 **Randle 137.5 **Allen 73+
    [/size]

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Dude!
    Freakin Sweeeeeet!!!
    Nice Read, THanks!!

Biggest Strength: Rushing Offense - I want to popularize a "rushing margin" statistic to best quantify just how ridiculous the Vikings have been for the last two seasons. In 2007, Minnesota ran for 2.2 more yards-per-carry than their competition. In 2008, that value was still a league-leading 1.2. The offensive line is fantastic with guys like Steve Hutchinson and Bryant McKinnie creating holes. Chester Taylor is still a legitimate weapon. Percy Harvin is a freak. Possible starting quarterback Tarvaris Jackson can run. And, oh yeah, Adrian Peterson may be the best player in football. [size=10pt]If the Vikings stick to the run, they won't need to worry about who is playing quarterback to win.[/size] In the projections, Minnesota rushes for 2,691 yards on 567 carries.
    Thank You!!!

;D
    Yeah and that worked so well for us last year.

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"marstc09" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Dude!
    Freakin Sweeeeeet!!!
    Nice Read, THanks!!

Thank You!!!

;D
    And the year before.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

"marstc09" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Dude!
    Freakin Sweeeeeet!!!
    Nice Read, THanks!!

Thank You!!!

;D
    We had our best season in a long time and won the NFCN.
    It wasn't a terrible season by most standards.
    We've improved for 3 seasons in a row - there is no reason to believe it won't happen again, with or without Favre.

"BloodyHorns82" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Dude!
    Freakin Sweeeeeet!!!
    Nice Read, THanks!!

Thank You!!!

;D
    We had our best season in a long time and won the NFCN.
    It wasn't a terrible season by most standards.
    We've improved for 3 seasons in a row - there is no reason to believe it won't happen again, with or without Favre.
    I understand that and I agree but that was not what I was commenting on. He said if If the Vikings stick to the run, they won't need to worry about who is playing quarterback to win. That just is not true.

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"marstc09" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Dude!
    Freakin Sweeeeeet!!!
    Nice Read, THanks!!

Thank You!!!

;D
    10 wins and a division championship.
    Worked pretty damn good, in my humble (non-bitch-about-everything) opinion.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast