Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Results 21 to 29 of 29
  1. #21
    snowinapril's Avatar
    snowinapril is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    13,404

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    "singersp" wrote:
    "snowinapril" wrote:
    Croyle will make Eli look like the sissy that he is (I just had to have a reason to call Eli a Sissy, it is fun to say).

    This is the QB of the draft if the right team takes him.

    OK I am reaching for straws but I think the kid has "it."

    Whitehurst did have some good showings recently, also a good choice. I just don't think that he will be around in the 3rd or 4th round when we are ready to spend a pick on QB.
    If DC goes & with Sean as a FA, we'd better start looking for a QB way before the 3rd or 4th round. :wink:
    I am under the assumption that DC is staying until he is gone. Ya, that would change things quite a bit. All these mocks and offseason threads seem to be leaving that peice out of the puzzle. But like I said, no use spending time on useless threads when there is rehab to do.

  2. #22
    VikemanX84 is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,433

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    I disagree with a number of things:

    I know a lot of people really want to see us sign someone like James or Shaun Alexander or even Jamal Lewis, but I don't know if that will happen. I think we have a good shot at DeAngelo Williams and a definite shot at Lawrence Maroney So why go out and spend big bucks on RBs that are pretty close to 30?

    Brian Williams, I think, needs to stay. Fred Smoot proved nothing to me this past season except he good at getting burnt and wasting money. He looks in the backfield too much. B-Will however proved AGAIN (to me anyway) that he has what it takes to become an elite cornerback in this league. He tackles great, blitzes great, and covers very well. I'd give him a ong term deal and start him over Smoot. You need 3 solid corners in this league, if I had the option I'd rather trade Smoot and keep Williams than vice versa.

    Will Witherspoon would be a great addittion. I agree. I think i would rather add Julian Peterson, however. It hink he is done in San Fran and would make a wonderful addittion here. I think this area is where we should spend most of our off-season money. Peterson, Witherspoon, or even Tommy Polley would be nice FA aquisitions.

    Another interesting twist is LaVar Arrington. Washington is looking for a WR to compliment Santana Moss. They are expected to offer Koren Robinson a contract but the Vikings have the right to match any offer Robinson gets. So maybe we sign K-Rob and trade him for Arrington. Also, Nate Burleson is a Restricted Free Agent. I would rather have Robinson than Burleson (although I love Nate) So maybe we can trade Nate's rights to them for Arrington. They are in some cap trouble so maybe they will release him as well.

    WR is interesting. We had too many WRs last year and we can't have 5 guys who should be starting again this year. Someone has to leave. I want KRob to return because of what he brings to special teams as well as the offense. So I think we give Burleson a Second round or MAYBE a first round tender and let him test the market. Maybe do that trade with Washington but the bottom line is we can't let any of our WRs leave for nothing, they are too talented.

    I would like to see: KRob-Taylor-Williamson-MRob-Hoag/Howry/Rookie next year.

    I like resigning Fowler, and Brad Hopkins is an option for RT via Free Agency. I still really like Marcus Johnson however. Matt Birk is a heck of a Center but maybe we should be involving him in some trade talks ( a little radical I know) How about to solve our RB problems we trade Birk, Rosenthal, Lewinski, Goldberg and a second round pick to Houston for #1? Then we start - Mckennie-Herria/Fonoti-Fowler-Johnson-Hopkins. If this unlikey scenario were to present itself we would need to sign a new back-up Olineman and keeping Fonoti would be a must. Withrow is worthless though, get rid of him.

    In the Secondary - I like Offord and Fox better be pretty darn good if we drafted him in the third round with some nice talent still available. If we Hang onto B-Will he might be a nice option at SS as well. He can tackle, blitz and cover. If Bwill moves to SS however, we NEED to sign another really good CB. Charles Woodson? I doubt it. He has some injury history so his price might be reduce and I'd take him at a contract similar to Winfield's. How about Will Allen? Maybe. I like Jerry Azumah as a good canidate here. We might even want to pick him up ragardless. And then there is Deshea Townshend.

    If we are going to go up against talents like Roy Williams, Charles Rogers, Mike Williams (With Mike Martz), Javon Walker, Muhsin Muhammad and Donald Driver two times each this year, we are going to need to have an excellent secondary.
    When it s all said and done, you ll have to admit we re number 1!

  3. #23
    Lotza's Avatar
    Lotza is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,203

    Re: Complete vikings off season



    get him^

























    Go vikes!!

  4. #24
    V4L's Avatar
    V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    20,612

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    "Lotzapurple119" wrote:


    get him^
    HECK YAH! :razz:

  5. #25
    jordy is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    65

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    I disagree with a number of things:

    I know a lot of people really want to see us sign someone like James or Shaun Alexander or even Jamal Lewis, but I don't know if that will happen. I think we have a good shot at DeAngelo Williams and a definite shot at Lawrence Maroney So why go out and spend big bucks on RBs that are pretty close to 30?

    I would like to see: KRob-Taylor-Williamson-MRob-Hoag/Howry/Rookie next year.

    Matt Birk is a heck of a Center but maybe we should be involving him in some trade talks ( a little radical I know) How about to solve our RB problems we trade Birk, Rosenthal, Lewinski, Goldberg and a second round pick to Houston for #1? Then we start - Mckennie-Herria/Fonoti-Fowler-Johnson-Hopkins. If this unlikey scenario were to present itself we would need to sign a new back-up Olineman and keeping Fonoti would be a must. Withrow is worthless though, get rid of him.
    ui agree on you with most things, just not everything...the first thing is rb
    i know everybody wants a big named rb around here like alexander, edge or jamal lewis, but we know we have a couple of guys that can make things happen as well....i wouldn't mind seeing onterrio Smith as our #1 back and mewelde as a backup....we should really spend our money and our 1st round pick on a rb....

    second thing is that i don't like the recieving corps you mentioned...i think i should be KRob ( if he doesn't ask to much $ ) -Taylor-Williamson-MRob- burleson and maybe a guy like hoag or howry....and yes i do think that we can keep both Burleson and k-rob, if k-rob and burleson don't want a randy type of contract....

    and trading Birk and the rest for a 1st rounder? no man i think birk alone is still worth more than a 1st round pick...the man is one of the best if not the best center in the leage....i agree with you on Fonoti though, we must resign that guy

  6. #26
    PackSux!'s Avatar
    PackSux! is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,562

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    While it's possible that we can sign Edgerin James, Will Whitherspoon, and Jon Runyan, I don' know if we will go after all of them. We need to address the OL, LB's, and SS positions first and foremost.
    Well two out of the three aint bad along with a great runningback who can block very well.

    I watched a interview with strahan being the giants eagles game last year and he was talking about Runyan, and saying that he is the best lineman he goes up against each year. Runyan is the only one who can shut him down. For Strahan to say that gives me alot of respect for Runyan.

  7. #27
    i_bleed_purple's Avatar
    i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Canadialand
    Posts
    16,777
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    "snowinapril" wrote:

    I am under the assumption that DC is staying until he is gone. Ya, that would change things quite a bit. All these mocks and offseason threads seem to be leaving that peice out of the puzzle. But like I said, no use spending time on useless threads when there is rehab to do.
    I agree with you there he most likely will stay untill he is gone

  8. #28
    collegeguyjeff's Avatar
    collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,304

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    [quote="ancoin"]

    is this a picture of redneck mccombs old belt buckle?
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

  9. #29
    ancoin is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    191

    Re: Complete vikings off season

    "VikemanX84" wrote:
    I disagree with a number of things:

    I know a lot of people really want to see us sign someone like James or Shaun Alexander or even Jamal Lewis, but I don't know if that will happen. I think we have a good shot at DeAngelo Williams and a definite shot at Lawrence Maroney So why go out and spend big bucks on RBs that are pretty close to 30?
    maybe uor right but i think edge will be really good to have he can play a least 5 years he is only 28

    Brian Williams, I think, needs to stay. Fred Smoot proved nothing to me this past season except he good at getting burnt and wasting money. He looks in the backfield too much. B-Will however proved AGAIN (to me anyway) that he has what it takes to become an elite cornerback in this league. He tackles great, blitzes great, and covers very well. I'd give him a ong term deal and start him over Smoot. You need 3 solid corners in this league, if I had the option I'd rather trade Smoot and keep Williams than vice versa.
    we are not going to release Smoot and Brian whants to start and not at SS.

    Will Witherspoon would be a great addittion. I agree. I think i would rather add Julian Peterson, however. It hink he is done in San Fran and would make a wonderful addittion here. I think this area is where we should spend most of our off-season money. Peterson, Witherspoon, or even Tommy Polley would be nice FA aquisitions.
    I think witherspoon is a better fit in cover 2

    Another interesting twist is LaVar Arrington. Washington is looking for a WR to compliment Santana Moss. They are expected to offer Koren Robinson a contract but the Vikings have the right to match any offer Robinson gets. So maybe we sign K-Rob and trade him for Arrington. Also, Nate Burleson is a Restricted Free Agent. I would rather have Robinson than Burleson (although I love Nate) So maybe we can trade Nate's rights to them for Arrington. They are in some cap trouble so maybe they will release him as well.
    i dont think he will be releast

    WR is interesting. We had too many WRs last year and we can't have 5 guys who should be starting again this year. Someone has to leave. I want KRob to return because of what he brings to special teams as well as the offense. So I think we give Burleson a Second round or MAYBE a first round tender and let him test the market. Maybe do that trade with Washington but the bottom line is we can't let any of our WRs leave for nothing, they are too talented.
    I think we have to keep Burl and Krob Williamson and Taylor anit 2 wr. and we need good WR


    I like resigning Fowler, and Brad Hopkins is an option for RT via Free Agency. I still really like Marcus Johnson however. Matt Birk is a heck of a Center but maybe we should be involving him in some trade talks ( a little radical I know) How about to solve our RB problems we trade Birk, Rosenthal, Lewinski, Goldberg and a second round pick to Houston for #1? Then we start - Mckennie-Herria/Fonoti-Fowler-Johnson-Hopkins. If this unlikey scenario were to present itself we would need to sign a new back-up Olineman and keeping Fonoti would be a must. Withrow is worthless though, get rid of him.
    Runyan i think will be more likey because he knows Brad and he can also play longer. We are not going to have a shot at 1 overall brik, lewinski and Rosenthal is all over the hill no way that trade will happen

    our DB i think will be: winfield, Shaper, Fox/rookie, Smoot

    Thank to Lotza

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Similar Threads

  1. This is complete BS
    By ultravikingfan in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-07-2008, 07:48 AM
  2. Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-21-2007, 06:48 AM
  3. Leber seeking a more complete Vikings defense
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 06-05-2007, 08:07 AM
  4. Complete Makeover
    By Webbigale2002 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 05-18-2006, 03:54 AM
  5. Vikings Organization Complete Embarrassment
    By 841623speed in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 12-01-2003, 05:25 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •