Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    viks_fan21 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: For the complainers

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Also why would we take a DT? That is one of our strongest/deepest positions.
    Pat Williams will be 34 by the time of next years draft. C.J. Mosley has started 2 career games and Spencer Johnson didn't have a sack last year. Next question.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Pat Williams will be 34 by the time of next years draft. C.J. Mosley has started 2 career games and Spencer Johnson didn't have a sack last year. Next question.
    Uh Pat William is still playing great football, CJ Mosley played very well when he was in last year, and Spencer Johnson has also played well when given the opportunity. The playing time of CJ and Spencer is not indicative of their ability or production, simply that we have Pro Bowl calibre DTs in front of them. Besides do you think a rookie would have more experience?

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Uh Pat William is still playing great football, CJ Mosley played very well when he was in last year, and Spencer Johnson has also played well when given the opportunity. The playing time of CJ and Spencer is not indicative of their ability or production, simply that we have Pro Bowl calibre DTs in front of them. Besides do you think a rookie would have more experience?
    Pat is playing well, but does he have 3 years left. A rookie would not have more experience (obviously), but neither C.J. nor Spencer have proved that they can be a full-time starter on the future super bowl champs yet. Neither has a rookie, but I'd rather have a 1st round DT than C.J. or Spencer.

The funniest part of this thread is the fact that singer and I were joking on the way back that someone would probably start a 2007 mock draft on here before this years was over, i guess we were right.

"WinonaVike" wrote:
    The funniest part of this thread is the fact that singer and I were joking on the way back that someone would probably start a 2007 mock draft on here before this years was over, i guess we were right.
    I put in the original post that this thread isn't completely serious. More of just a change of pace.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

"viks_fan21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Pat is playing well, but does he have 3 years left. A rookie would not have more experience (obviously), but neither C.J. nor Spencer have proved that they can be a full-time starter on the future super bowl champs yet. Neither has a rookie, but I'd rather have a 1st round DT than C.J. or Spencer.
    Being drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean anything. I'd be comfortable if CJ or Spencer had to start for extensive periods of time this season, because they both have played well as starters.

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

MaddenVodkaAddict is offline Coordinator

"K-Rob18" wrote:
    the only thing i have to say is that the vikings will be drafting 32 not 18!!!
    I concur, K-Rob18.
    I Love Kerry Collins (and John Rocker).

i would much rather take a better skill positon like a RB, WR, or a CB next year!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    "viks_fan21" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    Being drafted in the 1st round doesn't mean anything. I'd be comfortable if CJ or Spencer had to start for extensive periods of time this season, because they both have played well as starters.
    Being drafted in the 1st round does too mean something. Are you telling me you'd rather have Derrick Blaylock than Reggie Bush? Bush hasn't proven anything in the NFL, while Blaylock has had 173 carries. A NFL backup isn't necessarily better than an NCAA star.

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    i would much rather take a better skill positon like a RB, WR, or a CB next year!!!
    RB? With Chestor Taylor, Mewelde Moore, and Ciatrick Fason, I think we're set.
    CB? We have invested so much money on Antoine Winfield and Fred Smoot, and neither is too old. We just spent a 2nd round pick on Cedric Griffin, who will likely be our nickle corner.
    WR? That's a possibility, but K-Rob and Troy should both be starters, and TT is a great #3.

So i don't see why we would draft any of those positions. Everyone who disagrees with us picking a DT, i understand. But the fact is, we don't have many holes to fill. Name a position that we should draft 1st round instead of DT.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast