Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Compensation For the Vikings Could Be On The Way

The Vikings have let two former pro-bowl players sign with other teams via free agency this offseason. Also, they have done minimal in the way of signing free agents so far this offseason. So, the departure of Matt Birk and Darren Sharper combined with the lack of contracts being handed out by the Vikings should result in some compensation draft picks in 2010.
    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/0...be-on-the-way/
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Compensation For the Vikings Could Be On The Way

"Marrdro" wrote:
    The Vikings have let two former pro-bowl players sign with other teams via free agency this offseason. Also, they have done minimal in the way of signing free agents so far this offseason. So, the departure of Matt Birk and Darren Sharper combined with the lack of contracts being handed out by the Vikings should result in some compensation draft picks in 2010.
    http://www.nflgridirongab.com/2009/0...be-on-the-way/
    Duh.
    That's how the compensatory picks thing works.

Of course, if Sharper and Birk get hurt and don't play in 2009, then there won't be any compensation.
    That's also how it works.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

mountainviking is online now Team Alumni

I found a random quote the other day that stated there is a limit on older vets...IF your guys are over 10 year vets, the best you can do is a 5th.
    So, we're likely looking at 2 5th round picks...provided they play.

Which, once again, raises the question, how the fark did NE get a fricken 3rd????

Oh...its Asante Samuel huh?
    The rare case where they let a young vet go.
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

"mountainviking" wrote:
    I found a random quote the other day that stated there is a limit on older vets...IF your guys are over 10 year vets, the best you can do is a 5th.

Which, once again, raises the question, how the fark did NE get a fricken 3rd????

LOL, kindof off topic, however, my Father-in-law brought me a Patriots hat....Didn't have the heart.
    Gonna wear it tonight as I work on my trellis for my hanging tomato plants..... ;D

Anyway, the perception the Pats get special favors is a interesting one isn't it.
    Wonder if all fans felt that way before they won thier rings..... :
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

LOL, kindof off topic, however, my Father-in-law brought me a Patriots hat....Didn't have the heart.
    Gonna wear it tonight as I work on my trellis for my hanging tomato plants..... ;D

Anyway, the perception the Pats get special favors is a interesting one isn't it.
    I think most of those feelings have come out since they were caught cheating and the league decided to destroy all the evidence of it.
    Furthermore, I don't think they got the rings because of special treatment, I think they get special treatment because of the rings(and the stadium, money that came with it).

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

I think most of those feelings have come out since they were caught cheating and the league decided to destroy all the evidence of it.
    Furthermore, I don't think they got the rings because of special treatment, I think they get special treatment because of the rings(and the stadium, money that came with it).
    I've disliked the Patriots since I went to school in Massachusetts and was forced to watch them every week.
    And because they sucked in the late 80s, they always got the crappiest announcers (Hellooooo, Joe Namath!) so it was brutal.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:

I can buy that.

I for one remember them as the laughing stock (Poor luck Team) of the league when I was growing up.
    All of a sudden, they are now considered the evil empire.

http://www.sportsecyclopedia.com/nfl.../patriots.html

ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni

"mountainviking" wrote:

I read that as well Mountainvike - kind of a bummer

Trust me, I'm a doctor.

www.twitter.com/ThorSPL