Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Combine Shopping

Trade up and get CJ....trade a fourth rounder for David Carr...and then draft good special teamer types with the rest of our picks...and maybe a solid #2 type WR for depth.
    Take a chance on Ryan Cook starting at RT and Marcus Johnson at his more natural position of RG.
    Keep Hicks as a backup and find a couple of all purpose OL types for depth.
    Figure out who will be the new MLB if Napo leaves or trade for Cato June, Donnie Edwards or London Fletcher.
    THINK ABOUT picking up Drew Bennett and/or Nate Clements in FA for instant improvement at those two position.
    Tell Brad Childress if he doesn't improve the offense this year that he will be fired!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Trade up and get CJ....trade a fourth rounder for David Carr...and then draft good special teamer types with the rest of our picks...and maybe a solid #2 type WR for depth.
    Take a chance on Ryan Cook starting at RT and Marcus Johnson at his more natural position of RG.
    Figure out who will be the new MLB if Napo leaves or trade for Cato June, Donnie Edwards or London Fletcher.
    THINK ABOUT picking up Drew Bennett and/or Nate Clements in FA for instant improvement at those two position.
    Tell Brad Childress if he doesn't improve the offense this year that he will be fired!
    You make it sound so easy.

You need to get out of the lawyer business and into the managing-a-football-franchise business.
    Start off in the arena league for some resume stuffing before hitting the NFL.

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

Man we need something.

I am starting to think that some players out at Eden Prarie High School would be more of a help than what we have.

Tjack is starting to live up to his name.
    Tjack does jack.
    I had a lot of hope but that quickly faded when he started taking snaps.

We need some backup plans quick.
    We also need some WR's or Winfield might be playing both sides of the ball.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I love this board lol, everybody hates on Childress for a dreadful first year, but look at all the coaches who did horrible in their first year and became NFL legends. Now most look on Tarvaris Jackson as no longer being the future QB because he had some mixed starts.

He wasn't ready and won't be for a few years, none of us have any right to judge his future. What wouldn't be right would throwing him to the dogs so early and possibly ruining him that or drafting a QB in the low 1st round. I tell you if we draft Quinn I will vomit uncontrollably, this guy is so overrated he looks like another Rex Grossman type.

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    I love this board lol, everybody hates on Childress for a dreadful first year, but look at all the coaches who did horrible in their first year and became NFL legends. Now most look on Tarvaris Jackson as no longer being the future QB because he had some mixed starts.

He wasn't ready and won't be for a few years, none of us have any right to judge his future. What wouldn't be right would throwing him to the dogs so early and possibly ruining him that or drafting a QB in the low 1st round. I tell you if we draft Quinn I will vomit uncontrollably, this guy is so overrated he looks like another Rex Grossman type.
    well said. is it football season yet????
    "God has blessed me tremendously. I'd be a fool to complain."
    "From what I understand, the coaches will put the best 11 on the field."
    -Tyrell Johnson

"cajunvike" wrote:
    Marcus Johnson is terrible.
    Hicks at least could remember the count more than half the time.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

[size=13pt]COMBINE SET TO BEGIN[/size]

February 19, 2007
    Author: Mike Wobschall, vikings.com

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12