Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

Re: Combine QBs the Vikings should watch

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "hav0x" wrote:
    "tehumper" wrote:
    From what i have read recently we might not have too many options for a QB in the draftt this year. I read a blog that said that the Vikes were interested in obtaining the rights to Vick. I guess that would free us up to try to draft a real good player though. One that ESPN says his stock is falling is Orakpo and if we stick to the draft the best player availible even though he's a lineman he could easily be that player at 22. Our D-Line might be enough at that point to cover for the lack of a shutdown corner.
    They aren't going to get Vick. I can guarantee that.
    No kidding.
    Wilf is lobbying for a new stadium.
    Bringing a convicted dog killer into the state wouldn't exactly help his case.
    Especially when that convicted dog killer sucks as a QB...
    LMAO... haha. Agreed, no way in the world he comes here.
    As for the article, its a good read for a nice summary of the top 3 rated QBs.
    However, Stafford landing here is about the same chance as Vick.
    Sanchez could have an ARodgers type slip to us, but I dont forsee it happening.
    And I dont think Freeman will create the type of buzz in Minnesota that would get the FO excited enough pull the trigger on 1st round QB.

tehumper is offline Waterboy

Don't get me wrong because I don't want Vick but look how stuck Chilldress is on TJack as an option. He seems to like a mobile QB without the proper skills to get the job done. TJack has the talent but not the skills so the article I read doesn't sound that far fetched. I just hope they don't get locked into "We have to take a QB" with the first pick because I don't see top flight talent and skills in that group.

stjmnsota is offline Pro-Bowler

I seen a few mock drafts out there saying Josh Freeman will be the Vikes choice.
    Although after watching Mayock's reviews of top QBs, while he does have Freeman posted at 3rd best of the draft, I didn't like what I seen.
    The reviews say he is fast and strong arm.
    We have TJ.
    Then Mayock showed several clips that he didn't like. Looks like the guy can't make good decisions.
    Don't we already have TJ?
    Seems to me the days of picking up big, athletic QBs are past.
    We need a good decision maker and leader.
    A Smart QB with good to great talent is hard to find, but we will be better served picking up a Veteran QB while we prune a young QB with leadership and decision making abilities.
    I will be highly disappointed if the Vikes desperately draft Freeman (if available).
    While I agree the Vikes NEED a QB, this isn't the guy.

bleedpurple is offline Ring of Fame

"stjmnsota" wrote:
    I seen a few mock drafts out there saying Josh Freeman will be the Vikes choice.
    Although after watching Mayock's reviews of top QBs, while he does have Freeman posted at 3rd best of the draft, I didn't like what I seen.
    We have TJ.
    Then Mayock showed several clips that he didn't like. Looks like the guy can't make good decisions.
    A Smart QB with good to great talent is hard to find, but we will be better served picking up a Veteran QB while we prune a young QB with leadership and decision making abilities.
    I will be highly disappointed if the Vikes desperately draft Freeman (if available).

we also need an accurate passer with poise/moxie who gets the ball out quickly.. a decisive decision maker..

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"bleedpurple" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:
    We have TJ.

we also need an accurate passer with poise/moxie who gets the ball out quickly.. a decisive decision maker..
    I got a question, you know I go through alot of these threads and see you bashing Jackson and Cassel, who I think are our best opportunities coming up. I'm just curious to your solution. Whats your opinion on what we should do or who we should get and why? I'll take a step back and listen.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    "stjmnsota" wrote:
    We have TJ.

I got a question, you know I go through alot of these threads and see you bashing Jackson and Cassel, who I think are our best opportunities coming up. I'm just curious to your solution. Whats your opinion on what we should do or who we should get and why? I'll take a step back and listen.
    You may not have been directing this to me, but our solution is what it should have been two years ago.
    Sign Garcia, start him until TJ is ready to be the starting QB.
    TJ has shown that he is a good back up.

vikesfan713 is offline Rookie

i do think we can trade back up in the 2nd round to pick up Freeman at the top 1/5 of the 2nd round.
    I dont think it would cost that much?
    maybe we can trade CT for a top 2nd round pick.
    it would be good value.
    there is a slew of decent rb's isnt Bradshaw from NYG avail???

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Combine QB's the Vikings should watch

Personaly,
    I hope the last position our scouts and coaches watch at the combine is QB.
    Last thing we need is another project, and all of the QB's coming out this year are just that, PROJECTS.
    NEXT !

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"NordicNed" wrote:
    Personaly,
    I hope the last position our scouts and coaches watch at the combine is QB.
    Last thing we need is another project, and all of the QB's coming out this year are just that, PROJECTS.

NEXT !
    Tell them Ned. That's completely how i feel. If we go QB we do it in FA, but we don't draft another youngster.
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

V4L
    V4L is offline Jersey Retired

If we don't add a vet.. Get Pat White

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12