PacMan21 is offline Starter

Colt Brennan to decide future on Tuesday

Hawaii junior quarterback Colt Brennan said Monday he will declare for the NFL draft, but will "seriously consider" withdrawing his name on Tuesday.

College football players have 72 hours to withdraw their names, provided they haven't signed with an agent.

"In order to stay eligible for the draft, I have to send the paperwork in," Brennan said. "But I need to postpone my decision. I need a little bit more time."

Brennan plans to have a news conference in Hawaii on Tuesday to finalize his decision. Brennan could be the third quarterback in the NFL draft, behind Notre Dame's Brady Quinn and LSU's JaMarcus Russell.

Brennan has been told he could be a late first-round pick or an early second-round pick. This season, Brennan set a record with 58 touchdown passes.

I understand that we have T-Jack, but if Colt Brennan slips to round 2, I'd be all for drafting him. He has a great arm and makes good decisions. But with Brian Brohm staying for his senior year, it's very unlikely that he slips past the first round.

Thanks for the sig PurplePeopleEaters

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

Re: Colt Brennan to decide future on Tuesday

hes not going to leave. i got the feeling he just wants to test it by applying to the draft and seeing what kind of interest he draws for a day before hes makes his final decision to go pro.

i just hope we dont lose him, he needs to beat boise and win the wac as unfinished business before being drafted by the vikes the next year. ;D
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

If he comes out....DRAFT HIM!

ibleedpurple06 is offline Training Camp

if he slipped to the 2nd.. i def. wouldn't mind taking a crack at him.

olson_10 is offline Ring of Fame

hes alrite, but not that much better than chang was..their offense inflates a QBs stats wayy too much..they never ever run the ball at all
    People who see life as anything more than pure entertainment are missing the point.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"olson_10" wrote:
    hes alrite, but not that much better than chang was..their offense inflates a QBs stats wayy too much..they never ever run the ball at all
    The difference is that Brennen has much better tools to work with than Chang did. He's got better arm strength, is more mobile, has better size and put up better numbers than Chang at a younger age.

His stats are inflated and he will be penalized because of the spread offense, but I think he has all the tools you need to be a good NFL QB.
    There's a reason why Brennan is projected as a 1st or 2nd rounder and Chang has never made a roster.

hawaiianvike21 is offline Team Alumni

"olson_10" wrote:

umm obviously you havent seen him play at all this year then. hes more than alrite and way better than chang. change was not a leader and inconsistent during many parts of the season.

brennan is a leader and plays consistently hardly throwing picks and having an outrageous completion rate. if the offense inflates stats, why cant you say that about the bcs schools like florida? florida runs the spread. i dont hear anyone making excuses why they won a championchip this year
    or inflating stats.

o wait hawaii has to be a bcs school in order to get critics to say the system doesnt overate the stats.
    Hupo oe ke kau ana i ka waiupa a ma kou pa o & Hupo na Po o waiupa a