Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Which collegiate player is over-hyped?

Agents try to push their players up the draft board, to secure a higher contract, which gives them a higher monetary amount of commission per their set %.
    So, those agents will point out all the best features of their clients, while also trying to conceal or minimize/ discredit reports of their client's faults.

Which player is being 'over-hyped' by his agent?
    What claims have you read, or heard, seem to be exaggeration or outright lies?

CJohnson comes to mind.
    He seems to be a great prospect.
    But some call him a 'can't miss' prospect.
    Haven't we heard that before about a few QBs?

Jamarcus Russell came out of nowhere, and that may have been based on one key game and his physical attributes.
    Could the one game be a result of his abilities shining through, or his coaches gameplanning and playcalling?

BQuinn is another player who may be riding on the coattails of his well-known university, or he could be the real deal whose record in big games is impacted by other players, or bad luck.

Who is over-hyped, and why?
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Which collegiate player is over-hyped?

Brady Quinn because he plays 2 good teams during the regular season every year(and loses) and Quinn blows it in big games while putting up huge numbers against teams like Army and Temple.

Mikecarter81 is offline Coordinator

Any
    offensive tackle who plays for the Texas longhorns!

Mike
    I am an avid Viking fan, but also am an avid restoration guy of vintage Mopar(Chrysler, Dodge, Plymouth)B bodies

Creep is offline Pro-Bowler

Ya know, I wouldn't mind getting Quinn, but still,...Does anybody remember Gino Torretta???
    *FIGHTING FOR PEACE, IS LIKE FUCKING FOR CELIBACY.*

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Any

Mike
    Didn't the shot putter, and high school record holder, Michael Carter go to Texas? maybe it was TCU, either way he was a nose tackle, so it doesn't matter. I just thought it was interesting that your name is Mike Carter.

"Mr" wrote:
    "Mikecarter81" wrote:
    Any

Mike
    Didn't the shot putter, and high school record holder, Michael Carter go to Texas? maybe it was TCU, either way he was a nose tackle, so it doesn't matter. I just thought it was interesting that your name is Mike Carter.
    Yeah; interesting.... 'Mike' is such an uncommon name, as is 'Carter'.
    :

This reminds me of an old 'joke'...

A man introduces himself to another man while they are waiting in line at the state Motor Vehicle dept.
    He says he is new to America, having just moved from China.
    The other man says there is a man living down the road from him who lived in China, mentions his last name, Wong, and asks if he knew him while they both lived in China.
    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

"Creep" wrote:
    Ya know, I wouldn't mind getting Quinn, but still,...Does anybody remember Gino Torretta???
    So, you're implying one player's performance may be tied to the performance of another player, from another school, from another era?
    And, that the one player you chose to reference was most pertinent to the current player because he was a top ranked player at his position at that time?

OK, thanks.
    :

"Purplexing" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:
    So, you're implying one player's performance may be tied to the performance of another player, from another school, from another era?
    And, that the one player you chose to reference was most pertinent to the current player because he was a top ranked player at his position at that time?

Hey Sparky, Who the hell pissed your Cheerios this morning??? Did ya have a tough time getting the jist of the post??? i'll
    spell
    it
    out
    slower
    for

the

special
    bus
    kids

BE CAREFUL!!!!

Now

go
    to

bed

and
    try
    not

to
    cut

yourself

on

the
    pillow

OK, thanks.

:

"Creep" wrote:
    "Purplexing" wrote:
    "Creep" wrote:

Hey Sparky, Who the hell pissed your Cheerios this morning??? Did ya have a tough time getting the jist of the post??? i'll

spell
    it

out

slower

for

the

special

bus

kids

BE CAREFUL!!!!

Now

go

to

bed

and

try

not

to

cut

yourself

on

the

pillow

OK, thanks.

:
    I see you avoided the question.

You didn't say 'be careful'.
    I re-read your post.
    You implied Quinn will/may be similar to Gino Torretta, and the only tie I see is that they were both QBs who were top ranked.
    But the same could be said of dozens of other QBs.
    A more appropriate way to say 'be careful' is 'for every Joe Montana, there are a few Gino Torrettas (, so be careful)'.

If you wanted to say 'be careful', you should also say why, and point to some flaws in Quinn; e.g. bad game(s) with a lot of INTs, fumbles, etc.
    The loss of a big game or two
    is not enough as it might be due to a poor TEAM effort.
    Gino Torretta's lack of skills was masked by his teams' superior skills.

I'll conclude with:

Quinn and Russell are the top ranked QBs, but beware of the hype about them, and 'be careful', because their successes and failures may largely be due to the success and failure of their teams and coaches.

"MAY BE"
    is maybe..Uhh,...BE CAREFULL...Might Be...Could Be...(any of this ringing any bells???C'mon, Sparky,...any bells and buzzers goin' off???)

If ya want to have an intelligent post,..THINK before ya write..What's so tough about this???? I was following along with the other posts..Yeah, he could go to the HOF on day..Like QB's that were picked lower than he will be...He can also be a BUST,...like Gino,...and other BAD draft choices we had...........Like Aretha said..."THINK"..(Blues Brother ref.."

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast