Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

CNNSI Reporting Wilf's looking at Alexander

There's talk that Vikings owner Zygi Wilf might bid big for Seahawks RB Shaun Alexander, who will be a free agent after the season.
    from the St. Paul Pioneer Press via CNNSI.com on the "Splash" page
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

Re: CNNSI Reporting Wilf's looking at Alexander

Even if he doesn't end up here, if this report is true it proves that Zygi is committed to spending

[color=red]

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

Thats awsome. Zygi is a real owner that wants to spend money on guys. Red Mcombs would have just been like, how about we just start Adamchinobe Echamandu. We need to get a good free agent runningback this offseason. It doesnt matter to me if its Jamal Lewis, Edgerrin James, or Shaun Alexander. As long as it gets done.

Potus2028 is offline Hall of Famer

true that..

i like bennett, aand i like memo...

but we need a big name RB.. i'd be willing to see most of that cap room go to shaun alexander..

dynamic QB, and a RB.. that'd be sweet
    i m better than you, so just give up...

Hopefully this quote is for real...however, with Alexander's performance yesterday, I highly doubt that he will leave Seattle, unless something bad happens.

But this goes to show zygi will spend the money to git r done!

cc21 is offline Ring of Fame

"SharperVikings" wrote:
    Hopefully this quote is for real...however, with Alexander's performance yesterday, I highly doubt that he will leave Seattle, unless something bad happens.

It is true. I also heard on espn about Zygi wanting to go after him as well. So lets just hope they lose the superbowl and he gets really mad at his team.

MensaTice is offline Star Spokesman

"coreychavous21" wrote:
    It is true. I also heard on espn about Zygi wanting to go after him as well. So lets just hope they lose the superbowl and he gets really mad at his team.
    Win or lose it doesn't matter. It's all about the $$$$$$$$$, especially after LT's contract

[color=red]

canadian_vikes_fan is offline Hall of Famer

"SharperVikings" wrote:

Seattle is considering letting him go, because of their performance with him on the sidelines. Last week when he was hurt, Hasselbeck took over the team and they did fine without him.

It'd be great to get Alexander. That way, we wouldn't have to burn a first rd pick to get a RB - we can spend it on defence and get a better RB than we'd get in the draft anyways! To me that's a win-win!

Thanks PPE for the sig.

Prophet Guest

It's obviously a salary cap issue. This could potentially go back to the Daunte debate. The Vikings are already $25M under the '06 cap, but they have a few free agents to sign and will need some coinage for the draft signings. They could put the money into a big bad RB and that makes many of us nervous. Since Childress said the lines will be of utmost importance he will have that factored into the equation. Will be fun to see how this plays out.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    It's obviously a salary cap issue. This could potentially go back to the Daunte debate. The Vikings are already $25M under the '06 cap, but they have a few free agents to sign and will need some coinage for the draft signings. They could put the money into a big bad RB and that makes many of us nervous. Since Childress said the lines will be of utmost importance he will have that factored into the equation. Will be fun to see how this plays out.
    I think that we have alot of potential in our current crop of O-Linemen...remember, Birk was out all year, Marcus was a rookie (who will be a beast next season), Fonoti played like a half all season, Herrera showed that he can be a nasty backup player, McKinney is a rock...all we need is to get a solid RT or RG (depending on where they want to use Marcus)...so we could draft Marcus McNeil or steal Steve Hutchinson from Seattle at the same time that we steal Alexander and we would be golden!
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

Page 1 of 15 12311 ... LastLast