Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Closer, but not too close

"singersp" wrote:
    "PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    WOW! is he basing the secondary on return ability also?!?! we have a WAY better secondary than the bears! Winfield (should have been a pro bowler), Cedric Griffin (had a great rookie season), Darren Sharper (FREAKIN ball hawk), and Dwight Smith (who sucks, and needs to leave).

how do you give the offensive line edge to the bears, i dont care that he thinks that the bears are MORE COMPLETE! they have Olen Kreutz.... and how can he say that Ryan Cook isn't a sure fire answer at RT!?!? HE WAS A FREAKIN CENTER IN COLLEGE!! i went to training camp last season, and he was playing all over the offensive line!!! THIS GUY IS A BEARS FAN!!!
    Um, probably because he has only had limited playing experience at RT.

Being a center in college does not = a sure fire answer at RT.
    your right, but i just dont like how guys jump to conclusions without knowing all the facts! but i guess that is what you do when you have nothing else to do until training camp!! LOL
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Jarlvik2006 is offline Rookie

Bottom line is, this guy is a hack and always stirring it up.
    This is why I can't bring myself to watch the news anymore; "Raindrops to fall, tune in for Stormwatch 2007 at 10!", and "Can eating carrots actually cause Cancer?
    Find out at 6:00!".

Jeezuz!

"The Bears are who we thought they were!
    If you want to crown them, then crown them!"
    (Might be the best Denny rant EVER).
    Wish he had those cajones when we were playing the Falcons, but I digress.

I really hate Duh Bearz.
    I m Watching You- You may not see me, you may not hear me, but I m watching you...

Bdubya is offline Star Spokesman

I think some people are just having a post draft high.
    Do you guys remember how much of a mess this team was at some points last year?
    Sure, we have addressed some of the issues, but to compare us--a 6-10 team--to a team that went to the Superbowl, is a little off-base.

MC's run away when I kick it
    They act so chicken, they should come with a large drink and a biscuit
    -Canibus

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePeopleEaters89" wrote:
    WOW! is he basing the secondary on return ability also?!?! we have a WAY better secondary than the bears! Winfield (should have been a pro bowler), Cedric Griffin (had a great rookie season), Darren Sharper (FREAKIN ball hawk), and Dwight Smith (who sucks, and needs to leave).

how do you give the offensive line edge to the bears, i dont care that he thinks that the bears are MORE COMPLETE! they have Olen Kreutz.... and how can he say that Ryan Cook isn't a sure fire answer at RT!?!? HE WAS A FREAKIN CENTER IN COLLEGE!! i went to training camp last season, and he was playing all over the offensive line!!! THIS GUY IS A BEARS FAN!!!
    Sure, Winfield is great, but Griffin is in his second year, i wouldn't even rate him in the top 25 corners in the league just yet, sure he's got potential, but he's still young.
    Sharper was a ball hawk, but he gets burnt often, and had a down year last year.
    Dwight smith is average at best.
    Bears win the secondary

O line.
    If anyone doen't give this to hte bears they are more biased than i thought humanly possible.
    What you said exactly, htey have Olen Kretuz (top 3 centers in the league)
    they have a very experienced O line, who may be old, but are still good.

I'll have to agree with you on one thing, Cook was a centre in college, so WHY, do you think he'll be any good playing RT?????
    i don't understand your logic here.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Even though I am a huge optimist when it comes to the team, I can take my shades off.
    And when I do, I still think we can and will beat them this year for the following reasons:

a.
    They will suffer the SB Jinx.
    b.
    They are already suffering from Inside Out destruction (See player issues i.e holdouts/jail etc)
    c.
    Wrecks isn't gonna be any better.
    d.
    Lost thier running back.

We on the other hand will have

a.
    OL playing together under the ZB scheme for the second year.
    b.
    A much more potent ground game (i.e ball control / clock control)
    c.
    Better special teams than last year.
    d.
    WR that can catch the ball that actually fit the scheme of the KA WCO.
    e.
    A coaching staff the has worked together and ironed out the bugs.
    f.
    Most importantly

A young ball club playing with fire and determination.
    Not a bunch of washed up has beens who are only worried about why thier org keeps paying them lowball dollars.

That my friend equates to a fired up fan down here in South Eastern VA.
    ;D
    First, Davike.
    Great stuff my man.
    Saved me a bunch of typing
    ;D

Benet ^what he said.

Second.
    I love to speculate.
    It is in my nature.
    I just have a hint of optimism skewing my speculations.

Please take notice of the 5th, 6th and 7th words in the second line of my opening paragraph.
    Thoughts my friend, not facts.... ;D

Until we actually see the special teams play this year & they prove it, it is nothing more than
    I am all for waiting to see what the team will be like when we play and understand until then we will just have to speculate.
    However, until then we will just continue to have fun on pages like this speculating and guys will keep reminding us that we are only speculating.
    Great fun huh!
    ;D

Again, speculation. Seeing is believing. There hasn't even been one ball caught in the 2007 season yet.
    Yup ya got me there again.
    There I go speculating again.
    ;D
    Can't help but think that my statement will bear some fruit though.
    For instance, Bobby Wade was the second best WR on the titans.
    He can catch the ball.

We finished dead last in pass defense, 26th in passing yards per attempt & had the most penalties of any team. Not to mention we lost our defensive coordinator Tomlin

Going in to last year everyone thought our LB were gonna suck.
    Speculations.

Most of the penalities were against our OL. My contention (again speculation) is that this was directly related to implementing the Zone Blocking Scheme which is pretty complex.
    Mike Shanahann contends that it takes 5 years to implement.

Sure we lost Tomlin.
    He couldn't stop the pass.
    Is that because everyone was pass happy because we they couldn't run on us or was our run D so good because no one bothered to run because we couldn't stop the pass.
    Again, all speculation.

I for one will continue to speculate that we are gonna be a better team this year.
    Additionally I will also continue to speculate that we will win more games that we did last year.
    And I for one will continue to speculate that my speculations will be called out by people who don't agree with my speculations.

Its still all good though my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

Even though I am a huge optimist when it comes to the team, I can take my shades off.
    And when I do, I still think we can and will beat them this year for the following reasons:

a.
    They will suffer the SB Jinx.
    b.
    They are already suffering from Inside Out destruction (See player issues i.e holdouts/jail etc)
    c.
    Wrecks isn't gonna be any better.
    d.
    Lost thier running back.

We on the other hand will have

a.
    OL playing together under the ZB scheme for the second year.
    b.
    A much more potent ground game (i.e ball control / clock control)
    c.
    Better special teams than last year.
    d.
    WR that can catch the ball that actually fit the scheme of the KA WCO.
    e.
    A coaching staff the has worked together and ironed out the bugs.
    f.
    Most importantly

A young ball club playing with fire and determination.
    Not a bunch of washed up has beens who are only worried about why thier org keeps paying them lowball dollars.

That my friend equates to a fired up fan down here in South Eastern VA.
    ;D
    ......Please take notice of the 5th, 6th and 7th words in the second line of my opening paragraph.
    Thoughts my friend, not facts.... ;D
    ??? The 5th, 6th and 7th words in the second line of your opening paragraph are;

"I do, I"

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:

We finished dead last in pass defense, 26th in passing yards per attempt & had the most penalties of any team. Not to mention we lost our defensive coordinator Tomlin

Speculations.

Most of the penalities were against our OL. My contention (again speculation) is that this was directly related to implementing the Zone Blocking Scheme which is pretty complex.

The 5 year plan is what burns my ass. It's all well & good, but in order to make it work you better be damn sure you have players signed up on the 8-10 year plan.

In todays football, players don't stick to one team their entire career like they used too. If they are any good, you end up losing them to FA.

With the 5 year learning plan, you invest 3 years in a rookie, only to lose him to FA, loose the 3 years you have invested in him & have to start all over again.

If you are lucky enough to have the player last for the whole 5 years, how long can you retain him afterwards to reap the 5 year investment before he goes elsewhere for more money?

It's a vicious circle. You loose players you've trained to FA without always reaping their accomplishments, only have to try & train a new batch of recruits.

Unless you have guys that can learn the schemes quickly in much less time or they are committed to the team for the long haul, I don't see it how a team can pull it off very easily.

The chances of loosing that player & the risk seem high.

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Speculations.

The 5 year plan is what burns my jiggly butt. It's all well & good, but in order to make it work you better be gol 'darnit sure you have players signed up on the 8-10 year plan.

In todays football, players don't stick to one team their entire career like they used too. If they are any good, you end up losing them to FA.

With the 5 year learning plan, you invest 3 years in a rookie, only to lose him to FA, loose the 3 years you have invested in him & have to start all over again.

If you are lucky enough to have the player last for the whole 5 years, how long can you retain him afterwards to reap the 5 year investment before he goes elsewhere for more money?

It's a vicious circle. You loose players you've trained to FA without always reaping their accomplishments, only have to try & train a new batch of recruits.

Unless you have guys that can learn the schemes quickly in much less time or they are committed to the team for the long haul, I don't see it how a team can pull it off very easily.

The chances of loosing that player & the risk seem high.
    Denver makes it work.
    ;D

Thier line last year had 9, 2, 14, 7, 2 years in NFL.

The players experience and talent are, to say the least, a big part in the equation, however, assumption on my part is that the 5 years also includes the experience that the coaches need to effectively coach/train, implement the whole scheme.

Once in place I am sure replacing a guy here or there wouldn't have such a significant impact as trying to change the whole line at once like we did last year.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234