Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    vikingivan is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Closer, but not too close

wow, they gave the edge to Rex Grossman, he is terrible.
    I don't care if T.J. is inexperienced, he cannot be as bad as Grossman.
    No surprise that the coaching edge went to the Bears.
    I hope we win many games, but maybe we would
    be better off only winning a couple, so they can show Chilli the door.

nareg is offline Rookie

they barely beat us in minny but i duno if u remrebr but to refresh ur memory we were still in the game at chicago up until old fart(brad johnson) made that horrible passs whcih was intercpted and returned for a touchdown!!!! and along wid his other 2 picks in the game

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Come on guys, let's take the Purple-Tinted-Shades here.

We're not as good as the Bears. Any speculation to the contrary is purely that; speculation.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"Benet" wrote:

We're not as good as the Bears. Any speculation to the contrary is purely that; speculation.
    Even though I am a huge optimist when it comes to the team, I can take my shades off.
    And when I do, I still think we can and will beat them this year for the following reasons:

a.
    They will suffer the SB Jinx.
    b.
    They are already suffering from Inside Out destruction (See player issues i.e holdouts/jail etc)
    c.
    Wrecks isn't gonna be any better.
    d.
    Lost thier running back.

We on the other hand will have

a.
    OL playing together under the ZB scheme for the second year.
    b.
    A much more potent ground game (i.e ball control / clock control)
    c.
    Better special teams than last year.
    d.
    WR that can catch the ball that actually fit the scheme of the KA WCO.
    e.
    A coaching staff the has worked together and ironed out the bugs.
    f.
    Most importantly

A young ball club playing with fire and determination.
    Not a bunch of washed up has beens who are only worried about why thier org keeps paying them lowball dollars.

That my friend equates to a fired up fan down here in South Eastern VA.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

nice post Marrdro, I like it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"vikingivan" wrote:
    nice post Marrdro, I like it.
    Thank you my friend.
    I am starting my new diet.
    Have to shed some pounds before the season if all go wrong.

Crow is pretty fattening I hear.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "Benet" wrote:

Even though I am a huge optimist when it comes to the team, I can take my shades off.
    And when I do, I still think we can and will beat them this year for the following reasons:

a.
    b.
    They are already suffering from Inside Out destruction (See player issues i.e holdouts/jail etc)
    c.
    d.
    Lost thier running back.

a.
    b.
    c.
    d.
    e.
    f.
    Most importantly

Not a bunch of washed up has beens who are only worried about why thier org keeps paying them lowball dollars.

;D

Great post Mardrro....I believe that we should be able to really put it together....this team is still new, but we have had a year to mesh and get used to the system, we have a young energetic team, the coaching staff has a year of experience. We hopefully have gotten the right people in here to put it together and fill some holes. There are some things that could rip us out of contention for the division, injuries, penalties, or just the players not playing to their ability. If we actually go out there and play our hearts out and not make stupid mistakes, I know we can beat the Bears.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Okay, I'm gonna be a bitch here and go through these point-by-point (mainly because my download of the new episode of Entourage hasn't finished yet and I have time to waste!)

"Marrdro" wrote:
    a.
    I can't argue with that.. But to be honest if you asked me which team was more likely to suffer from the jinx.. In terms of expectations I think the Colts are going to underachieve. I look at them and I see the Steelers of 2005; a team so hell-bent on winning the Superbowl that they were emotionally drained and lacking any kind of motivation to do anything the following season. I'm not saying the Cotls are going to tank it up and have a top 10 pick in 2008, but I'd be surprised if they won 10 games next season. (That's underachieving for the Colts). The Bears on the other hand, as long as you have Urlacher, Archuleta is back with the coach that made him a FORCE at Strong Safety, and you could argue a full season's experience for Rex Grossman can only help him next season.. Coupled with the fact that the NFC is far weaker than the AFC and the NFC North is one it's weaker divisions (I'd say only the NFC South - based on Carolina's tanking the last 2 years, Tampa's struggles with an ageing defence and Atlanta's constant mediocrity - and the NFC West are weaker than the NFC North) means the Bears are a good bet to win 8 games: MINIMUM.

b.
    Can't argue with that. The Tank Johnson situation will hurt them, but I'm not sure how much the deal with Lance Briggs will affect them. The Tampa 2 defence seems to make seemingly-mediocre OLB's into great ones almost overnight. I wouldn't be surprised if, and this is if Briggs leaves, the Bears plug in some unknown Weakside-Linebacker and he plays well.

c.
    Wrecks? Sorry mate, you lost me.

d.
    Lost thier running back.
    They didn't lose him; they willingly got rid of him. Sure, Jones was productive but they believe Benson can carry the load. And they drafted Garrett Wolfe - who rushed for 1,900 yards and 18 TD's in college last year - to back him up, so I wouldn't ring the death bell on their running game just yet.

a.
    Again, can't argue much here. I hope, as you do, that the right side of the line can catch up to the quality of play that the left side is capable of. It's all well and good having a dominant left-side if we keep letting Left Defensive Ends and Strongside Linebackers run pretty-much-unhindered into the backfield thanks to sloppy play from our Right Guard and Tackle.

b.
    The one thing I can't argue anything with. With Chester and All Day (oh yeah, I like that nickname) running the ball we have a great chance of having the most dominant rushing attack in the NFC, if not the entire NFL.

c.
    The Bears still have Devin Hester last I checked, so our Special Teams will need a BIG improvement for ours to be on par with theirs.

d.
    Last I checked we signed Bobby Wade as a FA, and we still have Troy Williamson on the roster! :P Seriously tho, I hope Sidney Rice can become that #1 wideout we desperately need, but I'd still have class Mushin Muhammed and Bernard Berrian as better receivers than Bobby Wade, Troy Williamson and Sidney Rice.

e.
    The second point I have no arguments against! :P

f.
    Most importantly

I'd hardly call the Vikings a young ball club. They have been going since 1961!

Seriously tho, our team is as old as the Bears is. They have young RB's, a young QB, young DB's. We have young QB's, young WR's, and young LB's. Sure Ron Rivera and Lance Briggs are whining about contracts, but name a team that hasn't had to deal with that this off-season? We've even had it with Pat Williams to a certain extent.

;D
    Fair play mate.. I'm excited too. I'm just slightly more pessimistic than you. :P

The purpose of my post wasn't to shoot down all of your points, but to give you the reasoning behind my scepticism regarding the fact that a lot of people now believe that, without playing a game, the Vikings can beat the Bears hands-down. Until we play them in Chicago in Week 6 I won't get carried away.

Wrecks Grossman

duvaldomo is offline Coach

"Benet" wrote:

The purpose of my post wasn't to shoot down all of your points, but to give you the reasoning behind my scepticism regarding the fact that a lot of people now believe that, without playing a game, the Vikings can beat the Bears hands-down. Until we play them in Chicago in Week 6 I won't get carried away.
    Ok whats makes you think the bears can beat us hands-down? Yeah I know they went to the superbowl and blah blah blah but alot can change in a year. The packers beat us twice last year and they beat the bears in week 17 but that doesnt means that the packers will beat us again this year

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast