Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Results 161 to 164 of 164
  1. #161
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: On the Clock: Vikings

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I for one think that a brand new shiny QB would have a much bigger impact on our passing game than adding another WR.

    Our current situation makes you wonder how good we would have been last year if Twill could catch. Don't just look at his drops, consider the fact that his hands were so bad that we couldn't even rely on him, and thus he saw far less passes, even if he was open. He saw far less playing time because of that, when he was supposed to be our #1.

    Now ask yourself, is Berrian better than Williamson? It think he is, in every single way. I don't expect us to have an amazing pass attack next year, but I do think it will be good enough to avoid 8 man fronts. That is all we really need.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Like I said BB is going to keep DC up at night. :
    They will run 1 on 1 on the oustide and we will still see 8 fronts and corners watching.
    Tjack is the only one that can get that to stop...

    BB lol is going t keep 8 man fronts out of the box...Thansk for the laugh.. I needed it
    ;D
    It helps when the WR they are putting in single coverage can actually catch the ball... unlike last year.
    A speedy WR who can actually catch will draw safety help over the top, pulling him out of the box.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  2. #162
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: On the Clock: Vikings

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "V" wrote:
    I for one think that a brand new shiny QB would have a much bigger impact on our passing game than adding another WR.

    Our current situation makes you wonder how good we would have been last year if Twill could catch. Don't just look at his drops, consider the fact that his hands were so bad that we couldn't even rely on him, and thus he saw far less passes, even if he was open. He saw far less playing time because of that, when he was supposed to be our #1.

    Now ask yourself, is Berrian better than Williamson? It think he is, in every single way. I don't expect us to have an amazing pass attack next year, but I do think it will be good enough to avoid 8 man fronts. That is all we really need.
    Couldn't have said it better myself.
    Like I said BB is going to keep DC up at night. :
    They will run 1 on 1 on the oustide and we will still see 8 fronts and corners watching.
    Tjack is the only one that can get that to stop...

    BB lol is going t keep 8 man fronts out of the box...Thansk for the laugh.. I needed it
    ;D
    No BB will not keep DCs up at night, but he doesn't have to. He has to play well enough so that the S is forced to respect the pass when we run playaction. They will run 1 on 1 and BB is good enough to beat 1 on 1 coverage. Not all the time, but hopefully enough to distract the DBs from the run game.

    When the second half rolls around and BB has 3 catches for 35 yards, there won't be 8 man fronts on 3rd and 4. THAT is when we run.

    Most importantly, I agree that TJ is the one who must make this all happen, which is why, in the original post, I start by saying a new QB might be a better move than crowding our WR corps. I was originally like you, thinking that we need Chad Johnson, Larry Fitzgerald, or Randy Moss to not suck next year. I think a moderate upgrade at both QB and WR will be just as effective as a major upgrade at WR. We just need to find that QB (or have TJ become that QB).
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  3. #163
    BBQ Platypus's Avatar
    BBQ Platypus is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Saint Paul, MN
    Posts
    3,027

    Re: On the Clock: Vikings

    "bleedpurple" wrote:
    and when half of you are bitchin about our offense like we did last year.. your gonna wish we looked at another receiver...
    Actually, I won't have any regrets in that department whatsoever, regardless of results.
    If we fail, it will be because TJack failed to deliver against single coverage on the outside.
    Not because we didn't stuff our roster (and our payroll) with 6 WR's.


    "This is my timey-wimey detector. It goes ding when there's stuff."

  4. #164
    ThorSPL's Avatar
    ThorSPL is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    Omaha, NE
    Posts
    3,422

    Re: On the Clock: Vikings

    I'm sure we'll be happy we got the FA we wanted... unlike the DE position where we couldn't get anybody to come in...

    Fact is, you don't get your choice of every FA out there.


    Trust me, I'm a doctor.

    www.twitter.com/ThorSPL

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Similar Threads

  1. Video: On The Clock -- Vikings
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 04-24-2010, 07:52 AM
  2. Vikes on the clock in the 7th
    By Rastak in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 24
    Last Post: 04-29-2007, 04:40 PM
  3. Vikings 'On the Clock' NFLN segment
    By NodakPaul in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 03-22-2007, 09:38 AM
  4. ESPN Two a Days - Vikings on the Clock
    By Turboe in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 04-15-2006, 05:31 AM
  5. Vikings: Virtues of clock control are starting to sink in
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-26-2005, 08:40 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •