Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

On the Clock: Remember first-round receivers?

If the 1996 NFL Draft — one that netted Keyshawn Johnson, Terrell Owens, Muhsin Muhammad, Joe Horn, Amani Toomer, Terry Glenn, Marvin Harrison and Bobby Engram — was the "Year of the Receiver," the 2008 NFL Draft was the "Year of No Receivers."

Want to know about the next generation of NFL stars? We've got you covered as the clock ticks down toward the 2008 draft. OK, so that's not fair, really. Rookies DeSean Jackson and Eddie Royal — all second-round selections — each turned out fantastic first-year campaigns. Jackson and Royal were two of the more dangerous wideouts in the league.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/9...und-receivers?
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: On the Clock: Remember first-round receivers?

Haven't they all gone to Detroit?

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

Thanks Marrdro, it's good for me to hear some of these names talked about, flying under the radar some of these kids don't get the attention that others do. This will alieve the shock when they get picked ahead of some of the guys on the most popular mock drafts. Particulary interesting about Maclin falling possibly into the 20's.... Hmmmm, what a score that would be.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"PurpleTide" wrote:

Thanks Marrdro, it's good for me to hear some of these names talked about, flying under the radar some of these kids don't get the attention that others do. This will alieve the shock when they get picked ahead of some of the guys on the most popular mock drafts. Particulary interesting about Maclin falling possibly into the 20's.... Hmmmm, what a score that would be.
    Typically I find that most just dwell on the top 50 or so or thier favorite prospects from thier favorite college.

Always remember, and never forget, just cause you don't know thier name don't mean they can't play ball.... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

PurpleTide is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

Typically I find that most just dwell on the top 50 or so or thier favorite prospects from thier favorite college.

Always remember, and never forget, just cause you don't know thier name don't mean they can't play ball.... ;D

Exactly. That is why for me, coming to this web site is so much easier than scouring the web for all my information.
    If it's relevant, it will be posted here, making my information intake easier. Not saying that all article's posted here are good, but in general it's the best tool for gathering and discussing information about the great game of football, and our favorite team in purple and gold.