Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

"BritishVike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    They would be stupid too they have draft 2 WR's that are busts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. That reason alone should stop them from picking another receiver.
    I guess that solves my dilema on what/who the Lions will be drafting with thier picks.
    No more WR's.
    Guess they will be relying on FA WR's only.

I feel the same way about us not taking a DE with a high draft pick.
    OOOHHH MY GOODNESS, what will the fans think if we select another one???????

Come on .

The only way that that even comes into play is if the WR's they selected the previous years are successfull.
    If they aren't then they are thinking "Take a WR", if they are, then they are thinking "Well this guy had a good year, and that guy is coming on, lets go with a OT this year"

Do you really thing that the War Rooms for football teams take into account what we the fans think when they evaluate the TALENT that is available or how many they might have selected from that position over the past (how many years) when they pick?

I for one am hoping that Detroit selects for need with thier pick (if they stay there) and take the OT and not the WR.
    I do think they take it into account.
    It probably doesn't have a significant impact on their decisions, but it is a consideration.

Take the Vikings for instance. Wilf is facing the possibility of a blackout for the first time in 90+ games.
    If the opportunity comes up for us to do something to energize the fans, like trading up for CJ, you can bet that it is at least discussed.

If I was Zygi and the possibility of swapping with Cleveland to get CJ presented itself, I would be very interested to see what the price was.
    Even though we would probably get more value by keeping our pick, or even trading down, CJ would put soe more fans in the stands...
    I like your way of thinking, but as I was reminded in another thread, it aint broke yet with respect to the streak.
    ;D

Rationale was that winning will solve all ills.
    To win they have to put a winning team on the field.
    With that said.......

I have convinced myself that the team is comitted to building through the draft.
    In my mind (as simple as it is) that means they will cherish every pick they have.
    Just can't see them packaging picks for this guy (No matter how much I like him too)
    ;D
    I agree. We need all the picks we can use, hate to say it but i almost wish we had lost another couple of games last year to be within reaching distance of him. He would be amazing, but with all our needs, putting together a package just isn't an option.
    NOOOOO, never think that.... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    They would be stupid too they have draft 2 WR's that are busts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. That reason alone should stop them from picking another receiver.
    I guess that solves my dilema on what/who the Lions will be drafting with thier picks.
    No more WR's.

Come on .

The only way that that even comes into play is if the WR's they selected the previous years are successfull.
    If they aren't then they are thinking "Take a WR", if they are, then they are thinking "Well this guy had a good year, and that guy is coming on, lets go with a OT this year"

Do you really thing that the War Rooms for football teams take into account what we the fans think when they evaluate the TALENT that is available or how many they might have selected from that position over the past (how many years) when they pick?

I for one am hoping that Detroit selects for need with thier pick (if they stay there) and take the OT and not the WR.
    It probably doesn't have a significant impact on their decisions, but it is a consideration.

Take the Vikings for instance. Wilf is facing the possibility of a blackout for the first time in 90+ games.
    If the opportunity comes up for us to do something to energize the fans, like trading up for CJ, you can bet that it is at least discussed.

If I was Zygi and the possibility of swapping with Cleveland to get CJ presented itself, I would be very interested to see what the price was.
    Even though we would probably get more value by keeping our pick, or even trading down, CJ would put soe more fans in the stands...
    I like your way of thinking, but as I was reminded in another thread, it aint broke yet with respect to the streak.
    ;D

With that said.......

I have convinced myself that the team is comitted to building through the draft.
    In my mind (as simple as it is) that means they will cherish every pick they have.
    Just can't see them packaging picks for this guy (No matter how much I like him too)

;D
    I am on board with this too. I really think the asking price to move up would be too high, even if it is just three or four spots.
    But I still think the phone call will be made if CJ is on board at #3.
    Childress and co will make a reasonable offer just in case.
    They will probably make the same offer if he is still available at #4, #5, and #6 too.

But in the end, what the Vikings consider a reasonable offer, and what the other teams consider a reasonable offer probably won't match, and I don't see us trading up to get him.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    No more WR's.

Come on .

;D

With that said.......

;D
    I am on board with this too. I really think the asking price to move up would be too high, even if it is just three or four spots.
    But I still think the phone call will be made if CJ is on board at #3.
    Childress and co will make a reasonable offer just in case.
    They will probably make the same offer if he is still available at #4, #5, and #6 too.

But in the end, what the Vikings consider a reasonable offer, and what the other teams consider a reasonable offer probably won't match, and I don't see us trading up to get him.
    Have I ever told you that you were a wise wise man.
    ;D

I also agree to a point that they will be calling, if they haven't already the teams at 3, 4, 5, and 6 as well as fielding calls from teams below us.

Lets hope they aren't calling the team at 7.
    If they are we are in trooooooouble. ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123