Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 23
  1. #11
    ViKing24's Avatar
    ViKing24 is offline Asst. Coach
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    605

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    They would be stupid too they have draft 2 WR's that are busts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. That reason alone should stop them from picking another receiver.


    Formerly Viking24

  2. #12
    tb04512's Avatar
    tb04512 is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,803

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    if this happened i would not be happy, i would actually be scared of playing the lions

    Thanks josdin00

  3. #13
    ejmat is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    8,849

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    There are different ways to look at this.
    Some people say pick the BPA.
    Otheres say pick for need.
    I never really knew anyone not to pick someone because of previous picks although that has been mentioned several times regarding the Lions.
    The bottom line is CJ and SR will be a heck of a duo.
    Kitna is not a bad QB.
    Any QB that has been with the Lions lately has been in a bad system with little or no protection.
    I think Kitna should have been in the probowl last year over Romo.
    Not disgracing Romo but the guy only played nine games.
    I guess he made a lot of difference in how the Boys finished the season.
    However, Kitna did very well IMO givin the fact he wass running for his life most of the time.
    I don't care who you are.
    If you are constantly under pressure you will make mistakes.
    That's why pressure is such an important part of the game.
    You can't always blame the QB.

  4. #14
    DustinDupont's Avatar
    DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    2,607

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    "tb04512" wrote:
    if this happened i would not be happy, i would actually be scared of playing the lions
    so fu ckin true

  5. #15
    PacNWVike's Avatar
    PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Richland, WA
    Posts
    2,270

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    The Kitties ARE cursed!
    How many high draft picks have they had over the years and they STILL blow...
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

  6. #16
    laujesse is offline Starter
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    269

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    I have said it before, and I will say it again.

    IF he is still avail Matt Millen WILL draft him just to stick his middle finger up at the world and take another WR in the top 10.
    Tom Powers < Hetero

  7. #17
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    "Mr." wrote:
    They would be stupid too they have draft 2 WR's that are busts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. That reason alone should stop them from picking another receiver.
    I guess that solves my dilema on what/who the Lions will be drafting with thier picks.
    No more WR's.
    Guess they will be relying on FA WR's only.

    I feel the same way about us not taking a DE with a high draft pick.
    OOOHHH MY GOODNESS, what will the fans think if we select another one???????

    Come on .


    The only way that that even comes into play is if the WR's they selected the previous years are successfull.
    If they aren't then they are thinking "Take a WR", if they are, then they are thinking "Well this guy had a good year, and that guy is coming on, lets go with a OT this year"

    Do you really thing that the War Rooms for football teams take into account what we the fans think when they evaluate the TALENT that is available or how many they might have selected from that position over the past (how many years) when they pick?

    I for one am hoping that Detroit selects for need with thier pick (if they stay there) and take the OT and not the WR.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  8. #18
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    They would be stupid too they have draft 2 WR's that are busts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. That reason alone should stop them from picking another receiver.
    I guess that solves my dilema on what/who the Lions will be drafting with thier picks.
    No more WR's.
    Guess they will be relying on FA WR's only.

    I feel the same way about us not taking a DE with a high draft pick.
    OOOHHH MY GOODNESS, what will the fans think if we select another one???????

    Come on .


    The only way that that even comes into play is if the WR's they selected the previous years are successfull.
    If they aren't then they are thinking "Take a WR", if they are, then they are thinking "Well this guy had a good year, and that guy is coming on, lets go with a OT this year"

    Do you really thing that the War Rooms for football teams take into account what we the fans think when they evaluate the TALENT that is available or how many they might have selected from that position over the past (how many years) when they pick?

    I for one am hoping that Detroit selects for need with thier pick (if they stay there) and take the OT and not the WR.
    I do think they take it into account.
    It probably doesn't have a significant impact on their decisions, but it is a consideration.

    Take the Vikings for instance. Wilf is facing the possibility of a blackout for the first time in 90+ games.
    If the opportunity comes up for us to do something to energize the fans, like trading up for CJ, you can bet that it is at least discussed.


    If I was Zygi and the possibility of swapping with Cleveland to get CJ presented itself, I would be very interested to see what the price was.
    Even though we would probably get more value by keeping our pick, or even trading down, CJ would put soe more fans in the stands...
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  9. #19
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,928

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    They would be stupid too they have draft 2 WR's that are busts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. That reason alone should stop them from picking another receiver.
    I guess that solves my dilema on what/who the Lions will be drafting with thier picks.
    No more WR's.
    Guess they will be relying on FA WR's only.

    I feel the same way about us not taking a DE with a high draft pick.
    OOOHHH MY GOODNESS, what will the fans think if we select another one???????

    Come on .


    The only way that that even comes into play is if the WR's they selected the previous years are successfull.
    If they aren't then they are thinking "Take a WR", if they are, then they are thinking "Well this guy had a good year, and that guy is coming on, lets go with a OT this year"

    Do you really thing that the War Rooms for football teams take into account what we the fans think when they evaluate the TALENT that is available or how many they might have selected from that position over the past (how many years) when they pick?

    I for one am hoping that Detroit selects for need with thier pick (if they stay there) and take the OT and not the WR.
    I do think they take it into account.
    It probably doesn't have a significant impact on their decisions, but it is a consideration.

    Take the Vikings for instance. Wilf is facing the possibility of a blackout for the first time in 90+ games.
    If the opportunity comes up for us to do something to energize the fans, like trading up for CJ, you can bet that it is at least discussed.


    If I was Zygi and the possibility of swapping with Cleveland to get CJ presented itself, I would be very interested to see what the price was.
    Even though we would probably get more value by keeping our pick, or even trading down, CJ would put soe more fans in the stands...
    I like your way of thinking, but as I was reminded in another thread, it aint broke yet with respect to the streak.
    ;D

    Rationale was that winning will solve all ills.
    To win they have to put a winning team on the field.
    With that said.......

    I have convinced myself that the team is comitted to building through the draft.
    In my mind (as simple as it is) that means they will cherish every pick they have.
    Just can't see them packaging picks for this guy (No matter how much I like him too)
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #20
    BritishVike's Avatar
    BritishVike is offline Rookie
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Posts
    143

    Re: CJ Impressed With Detroit

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr." wrote:
    They would be stupid too they have draft 2 WR's that are busts Charles Rogers and Mike Williams. That reason alone should stop them from picking another receiver.
    I guess that solves my dilema on what/who the Lions will be drafting with thier picks.
    No more WR's.
    Guess they will be relying on FA WR's only.

    I feel the same way about us not taking a DE with a high draft pick.
    OOOHHH MY GOODNESS, what will the fans think if we select another one???????

    Come on .


    The only way that that even comes into play is if the WR's they selected the previous years are successfull.
    If they aren't then they are thinking "Take a WR", if they are, then they are thinking "Well this guy had a good year, and that guy is coming on, lets go with a OT this year"

    Do you really thing that the War Rooms for football teams take into account what we the fans think when they evaluate the TALENT that is available or how many they might have selected from that position over the past (how many years) when they pick?

    I for one am hoping that Detroit selects for need with thier pick (if they stay there) and take the OT and not the WR.
    I do think they take it into account.
    It probably doesn't have a significant impact on their decisions, but it is a consideration.

    Take the Vikings for instance. Wilf is facing the possibility of a blackout for the first time in 90+ games.
    If the opportunity comes up for us to do something to energize the fans, like trading up for CJ, you can bet that it is at least discussed.


    If I was Zygi and the possibility of swapping with Cleveland to get CJ presented itself, I would be very interested to see what the price was.
    Even though we would probably get more value by keeping our pick, or even trading down, CJ would put soe more fans in the stands...
    I like your way of thinking, but as I was reminded in another thread, it aint broke yet with respect to the streak.
    ;D

    Rationale was that winning will solve all ills.
    To win they have to put a winning team on the field.
    With that said.......

    I have convinced myself that the team is comitted to building through the draft.
    In my mind (as simple as it is) that means they will cherish every pick they have.
    Just can't see them packaging picks for this guy (No matter how much I like him too)
    ;D
    I agree. We need all the picks we can use, hate to say it but i almost wish we had lost another couple of games last year to be within reaching distance of him. He would be amazing, but with all our needs, putting together a package just isn't an option.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Anybody been to a Detroit Lions home game in Detroit?
    By i_bleed_purple in forum Help / Suggestion Box
    Replies: 42
    Last Post: 03-26-2009, 10:59 PM
  2. MOVED: CJ Impressed With Detroit
    By ultravikingfan in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-12-2007, 02:28 PM
  3. NOT IMPRESSED!
    By gpless05 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 22
    Last Post: 08-23-2006, 03:03 PM
  4. I am Impressed and Shocked
    By ultravikingfan in forum Weekly Opponent Talk
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 09-17-2005, 07:19 AM
  5. NOT IMPRESSED
    By dan3ski in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 01-16-2005, 06:33 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •