Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Chris Steuber's analyze of Vikes' 2008 Rookies

"marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Thanks for the read my friend.

I like what the staff did this year in the draft.
    Didn't need much and what they did get are good looking prospects for the future........By the way, can you imagine what it is gonna be like for a rookie to make the team coming out of the 2009 draft?

;D
    First rounder will be a OL! Quote me. Maybe a TE if Shank fails.
    Hmmmm, OL, I really don't have much to base this on, but it appears to me that this organization seems to think they can just pluck OL out of the weeds (late round pick/UDFA) and turn them into something, so I am not so sure that I would put much money on that as a first rounder.

When I sit back and look at this team, though, were are its obvious needs, with respect to backups/future starters......

a.
    CB - Whinny = 10years.
    Griff/Gordon/McCauley I like but you might need to address that next year.
    Probably not with a first round pick though.

b.
    TE - I think Shanc is fine, Dugan is in for the long haul (at least 2 more years), not sure about Mills, Klieny is getting long in the tooth.
    Probably do need to look at this spot next year but I don't think it warrants a number one pick.

c.
    S - STJ seems to be the heir apparent for Sharp, but what if he doesn't work out.
    Lots of talent behind M-will, Sharp and STJ.
    Probably doesn't warrant a first round pick but they could still burn a pick here.

d.
    DT.
    If a stud was sitting there in the first round, I would love to see them use it here.
    Not only Phat Pat but K-will as well are getting up there.
    Might need to get a guy that can come in and help if the cats we currently have don't show promise.

Seriously though, I could make a case for just about every position, but then I could also make a case that we are pretty set if the guys work out.

Long story short, I really don't see any glaring holes (Barring a career ending injury) on this team that would warrant burning a top pick.
    Look to see ole Rick use his top pick on BPA throughout the whole draft.
    Damn it is nice to be able to say that again......... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

Didn't need much and what they did get are good looking prospects for the future........By the way, can you imagine what it is gonna be like for a rookie to make the team coming out of the 2009 draft?
    ;D
    Hmmmm, OL, I really don't have much to base this on, but it appears to me that this organization seems to think they can just pluck OL out of the weeds (late round pick/UDFA) and turn them into something, so I am not so sure that I would put much money on that as a first rounder.

When I sit back and look at this team, though, were are its obvious needs, with respect to backups/future starters......

a.
    CB - Whinny = 10years.

b.
    TE - I think Shanc is fine, Dugan is in for the long haul (at least 2 more years), not sure about Mills, Klieny is getting long in the tooth.
    Probably do need to look at this spot next year but I don't think it warrants a number one pick.

c.
    S - STJ seems to be the heir apparent for Sharp, but what if he doesn't work out.
    Probably doesn't warrant a first round pick but they could still burn a pick here.

d.
    DT.
    If a stud was sitting there in the first round, I would love to see them use it here.
    Might need to get a guy that can come in and help if the cats we currently have don't show promise.

Seriously though, I could make a case for just about every position, but then I could also make a case that we are pretty set if the guys work out.

Long story short, I really don't see any glaring holes (Barring a career ending injury) on this team that would warrant burning a top pick.
    gol 'darnit it is nice to be able to say that again......... ;D
    Glaring hole is a DT who can get to the QB in 3rd and long... Phat Pat is great against the run but he's not a sacker... I'd like to see a K-Will clone right next to him to spell Pat (and K-Will).
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"BleedinPandG" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

a.
    CB - Whinny = 10years.

b.

c.

d.
    DT.

Glaring hole is a DT who can get to the QB in 3rd and long... Phat Pat is great against the run but he's not a sacker... I'd like to see a K-Will clone right next to him to spell Pat (and K-Will).
    I guarantee you that if the opposing offensive lines make the mistake of not double teaming Pat on third down, he will show that he indeed can collapse the pocket and get to the QB.
    Either way, your observation is pretty nit-picky considering that the other three DL will get to the QB anyway.
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

a.
    CB - Whinny = 10years.

b.

c.

d.
    DT.

KWill is 27 years old, Marr....hardly "getting up there".
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

a.
    CB - Whinny = 10years.

b.

c.

d.
    DT.

I'll be 27 this year. I was thinking of packing it in and planning my family's future, maybe invest in a time-share in Boca Raton, Florida.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

IwearSox21 is offline Training Camp

"C" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D

a.
    CB - Whinny = 10years.

b.

c.

d.
    DT.

I'll be 27 this year. I was thinking of packing it in and planning my family's future, maybe invest in a time-share in Boca Raton, Florida.
    Hopefully they will do the smart thing and go for the "Best Player Available" if they is no glaring needs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12