Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    HEY
    HEY is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Chris Steuber's analyze of Vikes' 2008 Rookies

[size=12pt]Chris Steuber Chat Transcript[/size]
    By Viking Update Staff

[size=8pt]Posted May 15, 2008[/size]

See what Scout.com draft analyst Chris Steuber thinks of the rookies the Vikings ended up with this year, including a number of late-round picks and undrafted rookies he thinks have a chance.

http://min.scout.com/2/754949.html

Booty won't overwhelm his receivers with his arm strength, but he's efficient. I think people get too carried away with arm strength. If a QB throws a catchable ball and delivers the ball with good accuracy, that's good enough
    Tyrell Johnson had a lot of hype surrounding him a few weeks prior to the draft, and was even mentioned as a possible first-round pick. He's a physical safety who's a tackling machine. He has good ball skills and adds a physical element to the secondary. I think he will be a very good contributor
    Honestly, I don't see much in Guion. He didn't play much at Florida State and when I watch him on film I don't see much explosion. He didn't have a good showing this offseason and appears to be lazy. I think he has a chance
    Sullivan could probably move to guard, but to me he's a center. He's a great leader and has the ability to be a very good center in the league

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Chris Steuber's analyze of Vikes' 2008 Rookies

I find the Guion pick awefully intristing and don't know that he's quite as lazy as this guy says. We did take him before both Sullivan and Jaymar who I think highly of. I think we see alot of potential in Guion some have said he possess the talent to be a first round pick but his experience and production is hardly anything. He is very young at 20.

Seems like the guy really likes Sullivan even talked about him making an impact this season if Birk went down.

The battle betweeen Reynaud and Johnson is gonna be tuff and I'd rather see us be able to keep both.

Alot of the rookies like Tyrell J and Erin could make some really good specail teamers. It will make for a fun preseason to see who goes out and takes it.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Thanks for the read my friend.

I like what the staff did this year in the draft.
    Didn't need much and what they did get are good looking prospects for the future........By the way, can you imagine what it is gonna be like for a rookie to make the team coming out of the 2009 draft?
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

Didn't need much and what they did get are good looking prospects for the future........By the way, can you imagine what it is gonna be like for a rookie to make the team coming out of the 2009 draft?

;D
    Yes I was thinking about this the other day. What I'm thinking might happen is more trades to move up in order to get players we really like, we may only get 4 or 5 players. I find it hard to imagine late round picks making the team next season.

IMO the Gunion pick was a waste in the 5th. However, there aren't many gems in the fifth anyway. What did this guy even do in college. I hadn't heard of him before the draft.

Troy Smith knows... Your Quaterback will know too.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

wasn't Robison a 5th?
    Or maybe it was Ray Edwards.
    I thought one of them was anyway.

seaniemck7 is offline Hall of Famer

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    wasn't Robison a 5th?
    Or maybe it was Ray Edwards.
    I thought one of them was anyway.
    Both 4th rounders in consecutive years.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

"SuperVikesfan" wrote:
    IMO the Gunion pick was a waste in the 5th. However, there aren't many gems in the fifth anyway. What did this guy even do in college. I hadn't heard of him before the draft.
    I still say we should of landed Nicks.

"Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    First rounder will be a OL! Quote me. Maybe a TE if Shank fails.

"HEY" wrote:
    [size=12pt]Chris Steuber Chat Transcript[/size]
    By Viking Update Staff

[size=8pt]Posted May 15, 2008[/size]

See what Scout.com draft analyst Chris Steuber thinks of the rookies the Vikings ended up with this year, including a number of late-round picks and undrafted rookies he thinks have a chance.

http://min.scout.com/2/754949.html

Booty won't overwhelm his receivers with his arm strength, but he's efficient. I think people get too carried away with arm strength. If a QB throws a catchable ball and delivers the ball with good accuracy, that's good enough
    Tyrell Johnson had a lot of hype surrounding him a few weeks prior to the draft, and was even mentioned as a possible first-round pick. He's a physical safety who's a tackling machine. He has good ball skills and adds a physical element to the secondary. I think he will be a very good contributor
    Honestly, I don't see much in Guion. He didn't play much at Florida State and when I watch him on film I don't see much explosion. He didn't have a good showing this offseason and appears to be lazy. I think he has a chance
    Sullivan could probably move to guard, but to me he's a center. He's a great leader and has the ability to be a very good center in the league
    I love our draft, especially Booty. I think Guion was a stretch.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast