Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    12purplepride28 is offline Star Spokesman
    Blog Entries

Re:Chris Cook making a push in Vikings camp

I'm starting to really like Chris Cook. Its so funny how almost everyone hated this pick in the beginning, myself included, now everyone is all over him, again, myself included. I'm actually excited about him, its just funny how everyone was crucifying the Vikings for the terrible draft class, now people are warming up to it.
    I am NOT here to provide good football insight or rational observations. I am an emotional 19 year old Viking fan and I expect you to adjust your expectations from my posts.

marshallvike is offline Team Alumni

12purplepride28 wrote:
    I'm starting to really like Chris Cook. Its so funny how almost everyone hated this pick in the beginning, myself included, now everyone is all over him, again, myself included. I'm actually excited about him, its just funny how everyone was crucifying the Vikings for the terrible draft class, now people are warming up to it.
    hopefully he keeps showing something into the regular season and proves us wrong.

remember, everybody hated the Tavaris pick too. :laugh:
    Why must you defend everything this FO does....to the point of making your self look like a yes man.

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

12purplepride28 wrote:
    I definitely wasn't excited about the Cook pick, but I refused to bitch about this year's draft class due to this FO's draft history. I'll reserve judgment. Admittedly it wasn't a very exciting draft.

marstc09 is offline Jersey Retired

12purplepride28 wrote:
    Almost everyone is correct. Some strange cat with a weird screen name was pleading for a CB with the first pick. Hell I even had Cook on my list.

Q: What’s been your impression of Chris Cook on that right side?

A: He’s done some decent things over there. That’s where he played his senior year. He played left before that. We’re worried a little bit about the footwork. I think he’s done some ok things over there. I think he’s probably more comfortable just because he spent all those turns at training camp on the left, but we’ll get a chance to see him play over there a little bit. Typically, [with] a right-handed quarterback, [there are] not as many throws on the left side of the field. Now, if they like a matchup and they feel like that’s a matchup, they’ll go after a guy regardless. But typically, with a right-handed quarterback, on the left side, doesn’t get as many tries as the defensive left cornerback.

Q: Has Chris made enough progress that he has a legitimate shot at winning the starting job these final few preseason games?

A: He’s made a lot of progress, yeah. Whether we in fact decide to do that, we’ll just have to see. But he’s done some good things.
    http://www.vikings.com/news/article-1/Vikings-Quotes---Childress---August-26/3d16aa56-10ae-4036-9bb2-72bae110e889

Pelissero: Ready or not, rookie Chris Cook has shot at starting job

The Vikings' decision to move their top draft pick from left cornerback with the second string to right with the starters in practice this week confirms Cook will have every chance to beat out Lito Sheppard and Asher Allen over the final two preseason games.
    http://1500espn.com/sportswire/Pelissero_Ready_or_not_rookie_Chris_Cook_has_shot_ at_starting_job

Vikings Chris Cook Expected To Start Saturday

according to Chip Scoggins of the Minneapolis Star Tribune, the rookie will get a chance to showcase his talent with the starters during Saturday’s exhibition game against the Seattle Seahawks.
    http://purplepantsgreenjersey.com/2010/08/27/vikings-chris-cook-expected-to-start-saturday/

Solid camp puts Vikings rookie in mix as starter

Expected to be a backup, Chris Cook will start against Seattle and has a chance to keep the right cornerback job for the opener.
    http://www.startribune.com/sports/vikings/101615733.html?elr=KArksi8cyaiU9PmP:QiUiD3aPc:_Yyc :aUU

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

And yet I STILL can't find a decent Cook jersey anywhere. Grrrr, I am going to have to settle for a replica I think.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BloodyHorns82 is offline Jersey Retired Feed The Frog Champion

NodakPaul wrote:
    And yet I STILL can't find a decent Cook jersey anywhere. Grrrr, I am going to have to settle for a replica I think.
    Here is a stitched on home Cook jersey for $21!

Chris Cook Jersey

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast