Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 38
  1. #21
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "baumy300" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    I hate to say it now because there is a little ray of hope, but I expect the Vikings to draft Quinn. Yeah its crazy but has anything made sense about the Vikings in the last few months. Childress stating "we're not chaning anything" commenting on playcalling, firing of Fran "why did we hire this tool in the first place" Foley, Vikings sputtering at the end of the year, losing Whittle, Wiggins, Napo, Trading C.J. Mosley for Brooks "perrenial hall of fame third stringer" Bollinger, Drafting Chad Greenway that high, Our F.A. troubles, and the lose of our D Coordinator. I have one solution to save our beloved Vikings...FIRE CHILDRESS. Can't be said enough, the guy is a complete silly guy and if we are lucky, he will be fired after this year in favor of a Ron Rivera type coach. Defensive minded. Anyway love the Vikings, just it seems we get stuck doing stupid sh*t and that leaves us out of the Super Bowl for over 30 years.
    Yet more proof that the educational system is failing.
    I don't know...He made a few good points about the Chiller.
    the post is laced in fallacy and ridiculousness and it would take me 5x longer than the post to address the issues that have all been addressed before.
    Firing Childress at this point is enough to realize that the head is up the ass and rational thought is gone.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  2. #22
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,602
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "Prophet" wrote:
    "baumy300" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "ballhog27" wrote:
    I hate to say it now because there is a little ray of hope, but I expect the Vikings to draft Quinn. Yeah its crazy but has anything made sense about the Vikings in the last few months. Childress stating "we're not chaning anything" commenting on playcalling, firing of Fran "why did we hire this tool in the first place" Foley, Vikings sputtering at the end of the year, losing Whittle, Wiggins, Napo, Trading C.J. Mosley for Brooks "perrenial hall of fame third stringer" Bollinger, Drafting Chad Greenway that high, Our F.A. troubles, and the lose of our D Coordinator. I have one solution to save our beloved Vikings...FIRE CHILDRESS. Can't be said enough, the guy is a complete silly guy and if we are lucky, he will be fired after this year in favor of a Ron Rivera type coach. Defensive minded. Anyway love the Vikings, just it seems we get stuck doing stupid sh*t and that leaves us out of the Super Bowl for over 30 years.
    Yet more proof that the educational system is failing.
    I don't know...He made a few good points about the Chiller.
    the post is laced in fallacy and ridiculousness and it would take me 5x longer than the post to address the issues that have all been addressed before.
    Firing Childress at this point is enough to realize that the head is up the jiggly butt and rational thought is gone.
    LMAO.
    So he is blaming both the firing and hiring of Foley on Childress?
    Pretty sure Zygi made both of those decisions!


    And he is complaining about drafting Greenway too high? WTF?
    There are possibly some legitimate complaints you can make about the draft, but holy shit, that isn't one of them.

    But my favorite has to be "the lose of our D Coordinator".
    Again, Zygi makes the decision to let them out of contract, not Childress.
    And what did he want him to do?
    Go against league standards and refuse to let him interview.
    Doesn't work that way bud.


    Swing by Wal-mart and buy a clue, and then come back here and try again.
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  3. #23
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!
    What if that fool plans to trade up to #3 for Quinn???!??!??!??!???

    D'oh!!
    It better be a smokescreen!!
    WTF?
    Where did you get that from?
    Talk about pulling pooh out of your jiggly butt!
    There is absolutely no indication that he is even considering something like that.
    Stop starting fires!
    NODAK,



    I think my speculation about caused him to go off the deep end.


    Great point.
    Throw in the fact that there were only 2 owners there (Vikes/Browns) and maybe something is in the mix.
    We can only hope.

    Wasn't even thinking of us moving up for Quinn just swapping picks, we get CJ at 3 and they get Quinn at 7.

    WHEW.
    I guess I should have spelled it out a bit better if that is in fact the case.
    I think you have a legimate inference that because the owners of both clubs were there perhaps a pick trade is in the works. But, I have to question how this is to be worked out. For us to move up the 4 spots we would have to gain approx. 900 points. That is roughly equivilant to our 2-6 picks. perhaps our 2nd (this year or next) with third and a player worth a 3rd. Seems like a lot to give up to move up 4 spots even if we do get CJ.I think I would rather have Quinn at 7 and keep the other picks.

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!
    What if that fool plans to trade up to #3 for Quinn???!??!??!??!???

    D'oh!!
    It better be a smokescreen!!
    WTF?
    Where did you get that from?
    Talk about pulling pooh out of your jiggly butt!
    There is absolutely no indication that he is even considering something like that.
    Stop starting fires!
    NODAK,



    I think my speculation about caused him to go off the deep end.


    Great point.
    Throw in the fact that there were only 2 owners there (Vikes/Browns) and maybe something is in the mix.
    We can only hope.

    Wasn't even thinking of us moving up for Quinn just swapping picks, we get CJ at 3 and they get Quinn at 7.

    WHEW.
    I guess I should have spelled it out a bit better if that is in fact the case.
    I think you have a legimate inference that because the owners of both clubs were there perhaps a pick trade is in the works. But, I have to question how this is to be worked out. For us to move up the 4 spots we would have to gain approx. 900 points. That is roughly equivilant to our 2-6 picks. perhaps our 2nd (this year or next) with third and a player worth a 3rd. Seems like a lot to give up to move up 4 spots even if we do get CJ.I think I would rather have Quinn at 7 and keep the other picks.
    Understood, but if you take a look at the Draft Pick Value Chart you will see that the following applies:

    http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html

    Cleveland #3 = 2200

    Minn



    #7 (1500), plus #41 (490), plus 3rd 2008 (190)=2180.


    I used a ballpark pick of 80 for the 2008.

    Doesn't seem so costly if he works out as good as all predict.

    Again, all speculation at this point.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    Zeus's Avatar
    Zeus is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Apr 2006
    Location
    Minnesota.
    Posts
    23,937

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Swing by Wal-mart and buy a clue, and then come back here and try again.


    =Z=

    Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

  6. #26
    Prophet's Avatar
    Prophet is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    17,388

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "Zeus" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    Swing by Wal-mart and buy a clue, and then come back here and try again.


    =Z=
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

  7. #27
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    OH MY GOD!!
    What if that fool plans to trade up to #3 for Quinn???!??!??!??!???

    D'oh!!
    It better be a smokescreen!!
    WTF?
    Where did you get that from?
    Talk about pulling pooh out of your jiggly butt!
    There is absolutely no indication that he is even considering something like that.
    Stop starting fires!
    NODAK,



    I think my speculation about caused him to go off the deep end.


    Great point.
    Throw in the fact that there were only 2 owners there (Vikes/Browns) and maybe something is in the mix.
    We can only hope.

    Wasn't even thinking of us moving up for Quinn just swapping picks, we get CJ at 3 and they get Quinn at 7.

    WHEW.
    I guess I should have spelled it out a bit better if that is in fact the case.
    I think you have a legimate inference that because the owners of both clubs were there perhaps a pick trade is in the works. But, I have to question how this is to be worked out. For us to move up the 4 spots we would have to gain approx. 900 points. That is roughly equivilant to our 2-6 picks. perhaps our 2nd (this year or next) with third and a player worth a 3rd. Seems like a lot to give up to move up 4 spots even if we do get CJ.I think I would rather have Quinn at 7 and keep the other picks.
    Understood, but if you take a look at the Draft Pick Value Chart you will see that the following applies:

    http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html

    Cleveland #3 = 2200

    Minn



    #7 (1500), plus #41 (490), plus 3rd 2008 (190)=2180.


    I used a ballpark pick of 80 for the 2008.

    Doesn't seem so costly if he works out as good as all predict.

    Again, all speculation at this point.
    I used www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2004/TradeValue.htm
    which list the 3rd at 2400 points, I tend to lean toward the higher number because of the limited number of BLue Chips in this draft. Which means they basically have to come up with an additional #3 or player of that value. Agreed speculation, but the idea of giving up basically 4 pick for one guy=BIG PRICE! Just think I would rather have those picks and try to improve in more areas the wr, God know we need it.

  8. #28
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,916

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=mountainviking link=topic=32155.msg544375#msg544375 date=1173110408]
    OH MY GOD!!
    What if that fool plans to trade up to #3 for Quinn???!??!??!??!???

    D'oh!!
    It better be a smokescreen!!
    WTF?
    Where did you get that from?
    Talk about pulling pooh out of your jiggly butt!
    There is absolutely no indication that he is even considering something like that.
    Stop starting fires!
    NODAK,



    I think my speculation about caused him to go off the deep end.


    Great point.
    Throw in the fact that there were only 2 owners there (Vikes/Browns) and maybe something is in the mix.
    We can only hope.

    Wasn't even thinking of us moving up for Quinn just swapping picks, we get CJ at 3 and they get Quinn at 7.

    WHEW.
    I guess I should have spelled it out a bit better if that is in fact the case.
    I think you have a legimate inference that because the owners of both clubs were there perhaps a pick trade is in the works. But, I have to question how this is to be worked out. For us to move up the 4 spots we would have to gain approx. 900 points. That is roughly equivilant to our 2-6 picks. perhaps our 2nd (this year or next) with third and a player worth a 3rd. Seems like a lot to give up to move up 4 spots even if we do get CJ.I think I would rather have Quinn at 7 and keep the other picks.
    Understood, but if you take a look at the Draft Pick Value Chart you will see that the following applies:

    http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html

    Cleveland #3 = 2200

    Minn



    #7 (1500), plus #41 (490), plus 3rd 2008 (190)=2180.


    I used a ballpark pick of 80 for the 2008.

    Doesn't seem so costly if he works out as good as all predict.

    Again, all speculation at this point.
    I used www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2004/TradeValue.htm
    which list the 3rd at 2400 points, I tend to lean toward the higher number because of the limited number of BLue Chips in this draft. Which means they basically have to come up with an additional #3 or player of that value. Agreed speculation, but the idea of giving up basically 4 pick for one guy=BIG PRICE! Just think I would rather have those picks and try to improve in more areas the wr, God know we need it.
    [/quote]

    Gotch and agree that trading up to fill one position on this team that has some many holes/needs for improvement and quality backups is not the wise move.


    I for one would like to see them trade down to get more picks.

    Just throwing a scenario out there to prove it isn't that farfetched if they go up to get him.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  9. #29
    Desertvikingfan's Avatar
    Desertvikingfan is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    395

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Desertvikingfan" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    [quote author=NodakPaul link=topic=32155.msg544397#msg544397 date=1173111803]
    [quote author=mountainviking link=topic=32155.msg544375#msg544375 date=1173110408]
    OH MY GOD!!
    What if that fool plans to trade up to #3 for Quinn???!??!??!??!???

    D'oh!!
    It better be a smokescreen!!
    WTF?
    Where did you get that from?
    Talk about pulling pooh out of your jiggly butt!
    There is absolutely no indication that he is even considering something like that.
    Stop starting fires!
    NODAK,



    I think my speculation about caused him to go off the deep end.


    Great point.
    Throw in the fact that there were only 2 owners there (Vikes/Browns) and maybe something is in the mix.
    We can only hope.

    Wasn't even thinking of us moving up for Quinn just swapping picks, we get CJ at 3 and they get Quinn at 7.

    WHEW.
    I guess I should have spelled it out a bit better if that is in fact the case.
    I think you have a legimate inference that because the owners of both clubs were there perhaps a pick trade is in the works. But, I have to question how this is to be worked out. For us to move up the 4 spots we would have to gain approx. 900 points. That is roughly equivilant to our 2-6 picks. perhaps our 2nd (this year or next) with third and a player worth a 3rd. Seems like a lot to give up to move up 4 spots even if we do get CJ.I think I would rather have Quinn at 7 and keep the other picks.
    Understood, but if you take a look at the Draft Pick Value Chart you will see that the following applies:

    http://football.calsci.com/DraftPC4.html

    Cleveland #3 = 2200

    Minn



    #7 (1500), plus #41 (490), plus 3rd 2008 (190)=2180.


    I used a ballpark pick of 80 for the 2008.

    Doesn't seem so costly if he works out as good as all predict.

    Again, all speculation at this point.
    I used www.profootballweekly.com/PFW/NFLDraft/Draft+Insider/2004/TradeValue.htm
    which list the 3rd at 2400 points, I tend to lean toward the higher number because of the limited number of BLue Chips in this draft. Which means they basically have to come up with an additional #3 or player of that value. Agreed speculation, but the idea of giving up basically 4 pick for one guy=BIG PRICE! Just think I would rather have those picks and try to improve in more areas the wr, God know we need it.
    [/quote]

    Gotch and agree that trading up to fill one position on this team that has some many holes/needs for improvement and quality backups is not the wise move.


    I for one would like to see them trade down to get more picks.

    Just throwing a scenario out there to prove it isn't that farfetched if they go up to get him.
    [/quote]Don't know what kind of site this would be without people doing some of that. This is what helps me get through the offseason. Trade down might have some of the same problem for teams trying to move up, but I think it would be a better idea than trying to go up.

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Chilldress coments on Quinns workout

    This may seem like the wrong thread
    ??? for this tidbit of info from KFFL.com.

    But bear with me as I will explain it below....
    :-\


    ************************************************** ***************
    Vikings | Richardson to visit
    Tue, 13 Mar 2007 13:34:39 -0800

    Sean Jensen, of the St. Paul Pioneer Press, reports the Minnesota Vikings will meet with University of Notre Dame DB Mike Richardson and have him workout for the team.
    ************************************************** ***************

    It doesn't seem like DB is a high priority for Draft Day One, unless this is someone they will consider in later rounds.
    And most teams do not work out Day Two guys unless they need several such players and may take one on Day One and Day Two.

    But my theory in posting this in the Quin thread is as follows...

    Perhaps the Vikings will try to obtain some insight into Quinn's ability to throw accurate deep passes, slants, short hitches, etc. from someone who faced him in practice every weekday?

    ....Just a possibility to ponder, although it may be a stretch.




    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. The mind of Chilldress.
    By battleaxe4cheese in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 11-03-2010, 08:06 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-11-2007, 11:16 PM
  3. Ginns Workout results
    By HoosierVike in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 71
    Last Post: 04-17-2007, 06:20 AM
  4. Notre Dame CB to come in for workout
    By Property0f in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 03-15-2007, 07:01 AM
  5. Brock workout??
    By mattitude615 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 06-03-2004, 02:52 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •