Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress vs Reid

There are interesting things going on in Phildelphia, in case you haven't noticed. Last night I posted that it looks like Bentley is going to sign with Phildelphia after Childress wanted him for the Vikings. Now there's talk about the Eagles also going after Hutchinson from Seattle. Childress also was interested in him.
    Looks like any moves the Vikings want to make in free agency are also being looked at by the Eagles. I wonder if there is some "tit for tat" going on between Childress and Reid?
    I find it strange that the only teams being mentioned for Bentley and Hutchinson are coaches (or ex coaches) from the same team. Maybe it just shows that both coaches believe that a good team starts with an offensive line and then they plug in a running back lastly.
    Until Childress gets the Vikings O line set, I don't think the Vikings will be getting a top FA running back.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14003995.htm
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Re: Childress vs Reid

It's certainly no stretch of the imagination that both Head Coaches are going for the same players, especially as Childress has installed the same coaching structure here as was the case in Philly (ie: our OC not calling the plays, just like Childress never did). It's also no stretch to say us and Philly are in the best situations to lure Bentley; Philly has the success and can say once McNabb, Westbrook and the rest are back they'll be back up there again: and we can say once Daunte comes back and when we sort our O-Line we'll be ready to challenge for the Conference.

DaunteHOF is offline Coach

We can get a rookie rb and hold up
    Its not braggin if you can do it!!!

JDante is offline Rookie

First of all everyone says our Oline is all horrible its not that frickin bad people forget that it was SEVERELY impacted by injuries last year.

GET EDGE at runnin back. he can run and hit in the backfield to make a block, he can hop around a bad offensive line he can run and go catch he can become more than just a runnin back out there.

but yea back to childress vs reid i dont know much about the way things are goin down in philly but i DO know that the vikings new "triangle of authority" keeps on bringing in guys from tampa. there entire defense is tampa bay i mean there defensive linemen coach is from tampa there defensive coordinator from tampa and they are runnin the Tampa Cover 2 defense. AND they got a new corner out of tampa bay. i dont know why i brought that up its a little off topic but not that much. just felt like postin i guess..
    Yea.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    There are interesting things going on in Phildelphia, in case you haven't noticed. Last night I posted that it looks like Bentley is going to sign with Phildelphia after Childress wanted him for the Vikings. Now there's talk about the Eagles also going after Hutchinson from Seattle. Childress also was interested in him.
    Looks like any moves the Vikings want to make in free agency are also being looked at by the Eagles. I wonder if there is some "tit for tat" going on between Childress and Reid?
    I find it strange that the only teams being mentioned for Bentley and Hutchinson are coaches (or ex coaches) from the same team. Maybe it just shows that both coaches believe that a good team starts with an offensive line and then they plug in a running back lastly.
    Until Childress gets the Vikings O line set, I don't think the Vikings will be getting a top FA running back.

http://www.philly.com/mld/inquirer/sports/14003995.htm
    I think it has a lot to do with the fact that both teams are in really good cap shape, and they have some similar needs and both want the best players.

Ltrey33 is offline Jersey Retired

"JDante" wrote:
    First of all everyone says our Oline is all horrible its not that frickin bad people forget that it was SEVERELY impacted by injuries last year.

GET EDGE at runnin back. he can run and hit in the backfield to make a block, he can hop around a bad offensive line he can run and go catch he can become more than just a runnin back out there.

but yea back to childress vs reid i dont know much about the way things are goin down in philly but i DO know that the vikings new "triangle of authority" keeps on bringing in guys from tampa. there entire defense is tampa bay i mean there defensive linemen coach is from tampa there defensive coordinator from tampa and they are runnin the Tampa Cover 2 defense. AND they got a new corner out of tampa bay. i dont know why i brought that up its a little off topic but not that much. just felt like postin i guess..
    Our O-line is pretty bad. The fact that we couldn't even be adequate with all of those injuries just emphasizes the fact that we're bad. No one has an injury free year in the NFL, especially on the offensive line. That's why we need depth, and our lack of depth was part of the reason that our line was so bad. The lack of depth coupled with a terrible starting right tackle in Rosenthal and players constantly shifting to "find the right fit" killed us. We need a right tackle and we need a guard.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Our O-line is pretty bad. The fact that we couldn't even be adequate with all of those injuries just emphasizes the fact that we're bad. No one has an injury free year in the NFL, especially on the offensive line. That's why we need depth, and our lack of depth was part of the reason that our line was so bad. The lack of depth coupled with a terrible starting right tackle in Rosenthal and players constantly shifting to "find the right fit" killed us. We need a right tackle and we need a guard.
    I think you hit a few nails on the head there. The fact that Loney would shift the line around all the time, even during games, meant nobody was ever going to get a chance to settle at any given position. How many different positions did Adam Goldberg and Marcus Robinson play last year? Too many. But I think in Robinson we have a guy who can start, and perform, at Right Tackle, but we do need another Guard.

that is pretty weird but both teams need lineman!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

that is pretty weird but both teams need lineman!!!
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

FedjeViking is offline Ring of Fame

I see the double posts happen to others too! :lol:

It looks to me like Childress is using inside information he had from before he left the Eagles. This may be to our advantage, or is Childress just not sure, and is going for someone he knows an experenced coach wants? Who knows?
    [move]"Our day WILL come!! I just hope I LIVE long enough to see it!"[/move]

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast