Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress talk about the Super Bowl and FA's

Brad Childress had an interview with KFAN this afternoon. Some intereesting stuff but as usual he didn't tip his hand except to say again, he felt the FA's out there were pretty thin.
    Listen to it here:
    http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/HARTMAN020408_Childress.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MIN NEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFAN_AM_1130&PCAST_CAT=Sports_Radi o&PCAST_TITLE=Chad_Hartman_-_KFAN_AM_1130
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress talk about the Super Bowl and FA's

I listened to that earlier.
    I like the way he handles himself, very personable and professional.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

nibelungen is offline Training Camp

New member here.

Guess I should go on record as saying I like Chilly. Like many fans I was calling for his head early in the '07 season, but I'm beginning to understand him better now -- of course 5 wins in a row can do that to ya. But really I think he's going to be a good coach, maybe even a great one. I like the way he's stuck to his guns and not vacillated when things weren't going that well. I believe he and mgmt have a long term plan -- building primarily thru the draft rather than thru FA. And I like that.
    I also like his wry sense of humor and get a chuckle out of his 'Chillerisms'.

Anywhoo, thanks for letting me introduce myself and expound a bit...I look forward to 'meeting' y'all down the road.

nibel

"nibelungen" wrote:
    New member here.

Guess I should go on record as saying I like Chilly. Like many fans I was calling for his head early in the '07 season, but I'm beginning to understand him better now -- of course 5 wins in a row can do that to ya. But really I think he's going to be a good coach, maybe even a great one. I like the way he's stuck to his guns and not vacillated when things weren't going that well. I believe he and mgmt have a long term plan -- building primarily thru the draft rather than thru FA. And I like that.

Anywhoo, thanks for letting me introduce myself and expound a bit...I look forward to 'meeting' y'all down the road.

nibel
    Welcome to the site, you may want to toss your intro into the 'free beer' section so folks will run across it.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"Prophet" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    New member here.

nibel
    Welcome to the site, you may want to toss your intro into the 'free beer' section so folks will run across it.
    He already did

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    "Prophet" wrote:
    "nibelungen" wrote:
    New member here.

nibel
    He already did
    Oh, lol. I wouldn't know, I rarely venture there because I only pay attention to the members that contribute.
    There are too many that introduce themselves and then disappear.

MaxVike is offline Team Alumni

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    Brad Childress had an interview with KFAN this afternoon. Some intereesting stuff but as usual he didn't tip his hand except to say again, he felt the FA's out there were pretty thin.
    Listen to it here:
    http://a1135.g.akamai.net/f/1135/18227/1h/cchannel.download.akamai.com/18227/podcast/MINNEAPOLIS-MN/KFAN-AM/HARTMAN020408_Childress.mp3?CPROG=PCAST&MARKET=MIN NEAPOLIS-MN&NG_FORMAT=sports&SITE_ID=612&STATION_ID=KFAN-AM&PCAST_AUTHOR=KFAN_AM_1130&PCAST_CAT=Sports_Radi o&PCAST_TITLE=Chad_Hartman_-_KFAN_AM_1130
    I enjoyed the interview.
    I think these guys have a good system going, with defined roles and responsibilities.
    When he talked about FA and the Draft, I like what he said about "good football players."
    That the team "wouldn't be hurt with another OLineman or, even a LB."
    Sounds to me like BPA in the Draft, with the exception perhaps of RB.

Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent
    ----------------------------------------------
    As a matter of fact, I do know

nibelungen is offline Training Camp

I know this is off topic, but I have to ask: where on earth did you folks get these incredible sig pics?

PacNWVike is offline Team Alumni

One thing Chilly's mentor in Philly said was, he taught him to set up a system and stick with it.
    Right or wrong, he seems to be doing it.
    Maybe he'll trade Troy Williamson away for a...
    ???
    "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing."
    Edmund Burke

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

I'm sure they will find a few turds in FA for him to polish.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast