Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 85
  1. #71
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    That last video with arguably Tarvaris's worst pass as a pro QB is a perfect example of why Childress liked to have Chester on the field, aside from the fact that Richardson didn't hold his block, AP being the rookie he was totally blew his assignment. Had these guys did there job efficently Tarvaris probably would have thrown a completion to a wide open Furgy. With time and experience he will learn to throw that ball away or take the sack.

  2. #72
    purplepowered is offline Pro-Bowler
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    490

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    Yeah well who ever the heck it is drafting us PLEASE get them long term til they are dead and some contracted please! I love what they are drafting and what they are doing for us. Talk about getting a person ready for some football. I am more happy and complete than i have ever been. My wife and i changed the Vikes bedroom around and she even had input on how to make it look better even though she doesnt care at all that our bedroom is solid Vikings!(poor woman) but she doesnt want it in her living room.
    Anyway Thanks for a wonderful stellar draft. Now I am waiting forever for the Training camp. cand you say psyched!
    I am THE #1 Sidney Rice #18 Fan ever! Don't Be surprised when this kid IS a superstar! He is humble, smart, tough, talented and has alot of character! Takes alot of pride in his work, team, fans and life. Watch out for this kid! I think he is awesome! Everytime he touches the ball its MAGIC!

  3. #73
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    That last video with arguably Tarvaris's worst pass as a pro QB is perfect example of why Childress liked to have Chester on the field, aside from the fact that Richardson didn't hold his block, AP being the rookie he was totally blew his assignment. Had these guys did there job efficently Tarvaris probably would have thrown a completion to a wide open Furgy. With time and experience he will learn to throw that ball away or take the sack.
    If you thought that was the worst throw, you must have forgotten the other INT that came a few moments later. The 1 where he just chucks it up there even though it umbella coverage!!!

    Are you kidding me? You are blaming that throw on blocking. The WR jumped and it was still 5 yards away.
    If you are saying that the Rb should have checked backside...i believe he leaked out after the fake handoff. The issues witht his play are easy to see:
    Cut the play action out. There is no need for it. they are selling out on the run on each play. Play action is not going to change that. You can't fool a defense into thinking it's a run when they assume each play is a run.

    TJ needs to hit that pass. No if ands about it. I think Booty would have made that throw and I hate him.

  4. #74
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "purplepowered" wrote:
    Yeah well who ever the heck it is drafting us PLEASE get them long term til they are dead and some contracted please! I love what they are drafting and what they are doing for us. Talk about getting a person ready for some football. I am more happy and complete than i have ever been. My wife and i changed the Vikes bedroom around and she even had input on how to make it look better even though she doesnt care at all that our bedroom is solid Vikings!(poor woman) but she doesnt want it in her living room.
    Anyway Thanks for a wonderful stellar draft. Now I am waiting forever for the Training camp. cand you say psyched!
    I like the optimism, I'm very exited too, we've come along way as franchise in a short time. I too believe Sidney is the man, he will be a Pro-Bowl WR he's got some of the best ball skills I've ever seen!

  5. #75
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    That last video with arguably Tarvaris's worst pass as a pro QB is perfect example of why Childress liked to have Chester on the field, aside from the fact that Richardson didn't hold his block, AP being the rookie he was totally blew his assignment. Had these guys did there job efficently Tarvaris probably would have thrown a completion to a wide open Furgy. With time and experience he will learn to throw that ball away or take the sack.
    If you thought that was the worst throw, you must have forgotten the other INT that came a few moments later. The 1 where he just chucks it up there even though it umbella coverage!!!

    Are you kidding me? You are blaming that throw on blocking. The WR jumped and it was still 5 yards away.
    If you are saying that the Rb should have checked backside...i believe he leaked out after the fake handoff. The issues witht his play are easy to see:
    Cut the play action out. There is no need for it. they are selling out on the run on each play. Play action is not going to change that. You can't fool a defense into thinking it's a run when they assume each play is a run.

    TJ needs to hit that pass. No if ands about it. I think Booty would have made that throw and I hate him.
    Your problem my friend is that you think all of us are giving our starter a free ride when infact most of us realize he has and will have problems as he learns on the field.

    What you focus on is the fact that you only see his flaws and don't equate that to youth. You feel the cat should be a instant star or out the door with him.

    Additionally, you refuse to see issues/problems with the other positions (OL) that also contribute to his problems.

    Go find me his jump pass video that you rant about.
    Let me break that one down for you.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  6. #76
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    That last video with arguably Tarvaris's worst pass as a pro QB is perfect example of why Childress liked to have Chester on the field, aside from the fact that Richardson didn't hold his block, AP being the rookie he was totally blew his assignment. Had these guys did there job efficently Tarvaris probably would have thrown a completion to a wide open Furgy. With time and experience he will learn to throw that ball away or take the sack.
    If you thought that was the worst throw, you must have forgotten the other INT that came a few moments later. The 1 where he just chucks it up there even though it umbella coverage!!!

    Are you kidding me? You are blaming that throw on blocking. The WR jumped and it was still 5 yards away.
    If you are saying that the Rb should have checked backside...i believe he leaked out after the fake handoff. The issues witht his play are easy to see:
    Cut the play action out. There is no need for it. they are selling out on the run on each play. Play action is not going to change that. You can't fool a defense into thinking it's a run when they assume each play is a run.

    TJ needs to hit that pass. No if ands about it. I think Booty would have made that throw and I hate him.
    Your problem my friend is that you think all of us are giving our starter a free ride when infact most of us realize he has and will have problems as he learns on the field.

    What you focus on is the fact that you only see his flaws and don't equate that to youth. You feel the cat should be a instant star or out the door with him.

    Additionally, you refuse to see issues/problems with the other positions (OL) that also contribute to his problems.

    Go find me his jump pass video that you rant about.
    Let me break that one down for you.

    ;D
    I for one think he'll have that mastered by year 3 & be the best damn jump passer in the league.
    :P

    Gotta love the naysayers though. They find one bad play & dwell on it. Just like dwelling on that throw he sailed that was picked.

    You'd think that they had never seen a QB do that before. Hell, name me one QB who has never sailed a pass in his life.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #77
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    That last video with arguably Tarvaris's worst pass as a pro QB is perfect example of why Childress liked to have Chester on the field, aside from the fact that Richardson didn't hold his block, AP being the rookie he was totally blew his assignment. Had these guys did there job efficently Tarvaris probably would have thrown a completion to a wide open Furgy. With time and experience he will learn to throw that ball away or take the sack.
    If you thought that was the worst throw, you must have forgotten the other INT that came a few moments later. The 1 where he just chucks it up there even though it umbella coverage!!!

    Are you kidding me? You are blaming that throw on blocking. The WR jumped and it was still 5 yards away.
    If you are saying that the Rb should have checked backside...i believe he leaked out after the fake handoff. The issues witht his play are easy to see:
    Cut the play action out. There is no need for it. they are selling out on the run on each play. Play action is not going to change that. You can't fool a defense into thinking it's a run when they assume each play is a run.

    TJ needs to hit that pass. No if ands about it. I think Booty would have made that throw and I hate him.
    This is exactly why I said arguably. I think it was a horrible pass, like you said it was 5 yards away, thats probably stretching it though, I'm thinking maybe 2 to 3 feet.

    There is no way I'm argueing its completely the fault of the blocking but you gotta consider Richardson did not maintain a block and somebody let #37 straight up the gut to smash Tarvaris. Who was supposed to pick up 37? He was coming down before the ball even snapped, nobody saw this? Maybe giving him the protection would have resulted in complete pass, hopefully we can either sustain protection or just rely on Tarvaris to make passes under pressure.

    Booty might have made the throw but I've saw Tarvaris make nice throws with defenders in his face, turns out this one wasn't so.

    If we had picked up all the blocking assignments this might not have happened.

  8. #78
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Look, I'm not saying that the extra men in the box didn't have a effect as it did but the truth be told, his knee coupled with the fact that all rookies hit the wall, probably had alot more to do with his reduced yards than what defensive fronts he faced.

    ;D
    Re-watch the clips you provided (thanks by the way, love to watch that cat run).
    You will see that I am right on this.
    Marr, I totally understand you. Wat I am saying to you is that our difficulty was not due to the zone blitz. We killed it early in the year and would beat it later in the year. Our difficulty was based on the coverage teams employed later in the year. The skins video should have shown you that it wasn't a zone blitz we faced. all 8 committed on almost every play. No D-lineman dropping back into coverage. What we saw was











    S
    CB


















    CB

    It's essentially a cover three but it's what we called an umbrella in HS. Most zone blitzes are ran with cover 3 but feature the Cbs bailing.
    This
    defense showed 8 attacking the line at the snap of the ball, which is not a zone blitz








    S
    CB












    CB


    WB


    DT


    SB
















    S



    X
    X
    MLB
    X

    1 version of the zone blitz we ran in high school (sorry i played no defense in college as my backpedal was terrible)

    During the Skins game i did not see that look or any exchange of the WLB and DL responsibility. What i did see was 8 players filling every gap and the corners keeping everything in front of them.
    It looks to me like the skins had a check off on this should we had comeone out in multiple WR sets. However, Childress caved and added additional players on the line to help out and placed the game in TJ's hands to beat. The results 14 points off of 2 INTS thrown in our side of the field.

  9. #79
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Look, I'm not saying that the extra men in the box didn't have a effect as it did but the truth be told, his knee coupled with the fact that all rookies hit the wall, probably had alot more to do with his reduced yards than what defensive fronts he faced.

    ;D
    Re-watch the clips you provided (thanks by the way, love to watch that cat run).
    You will see that I am right on this.
    Marr, I totally understand you. Wat I am saying to you is that our difficulty was not due to the zone blitz. We killed it early in the year and would beat it later in the year. Our difficulty was based on the coverage teams employed later in the year. The skins video should have shown you that it wasn't a zone blitz we faced. all 8 committed on almost every play. No D-lineman dropping back into coverage. What we saw was











    S
    CB


















    CB

    It's essentially a cover three but it's what we called an umbrella in HS. Most zone blitzes are ran with cover 3 but feature the Cbs bailing.
    This
    defense showed 8 attacking the line at the snap of the ball, which is not a zone blitz








    S
    CB












    CB


    WB


    DT


    SB
















    S



    X
    X
    MLB
    X

    1 version of the zone blitz we ran in high school (sorry i played no defense in college as my backpedal was terrible)

    During the Skins game i did not see that look or any exchange of the WLB and DL responsibility. What i did see was 8 players filling every gap and the corners keeping everything in front of them.
    It looks to me like the skins had a check off on this should we had comeone out in multiple WR sets. However, Childress caved and added additional players on the line to help out and placed the game in TJ's hands to beat. The results 14 points off of 2 INTS thrown in our side of the field.
    I'm with ya know.

    We didn't even know what a Zone Blitz was when I played (77, 78, 79).
    By the way, I played both sides but that doesn't mean I was any good.
    It just meant that we were desperate for players.....

    Did you see all the links I provided on the variations of the Zone Blitz scheme?
    Might explain the difference between what you call a ZBlitz and what I call a ZBlitz.

    When you see 8 and 9 man fronts, disguising who is coming from were and DL doing funcky things, then I equate those to fronts as ZBlitz's.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  10. #80
    kevoncox's Avatar
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Posts
    5,909

    Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    Look, I'm not saying that the extra men in the box didn't have a effect as it did but the truth be told, his knee coupled with the fact that all rookies hit the wall, probably had alot more to do with his reduced yards than what defensive fronts he faced.

    ;D
    Re-watch the clips you provided (thanks by the way, love to watch that cat run).
    You will see that I am right on this.
    Marr, I totally understand you. Wat I am saying to you is that our difficulty was not due to the zone blitz. We killed it early in the year and would beat it later in the year. Our difficulty was based on the coverage teams employed later in the year. The skins video should have shown you that it wasn't a zone blitz we faced. all 8 committed on almost every play. No D-lineman dropping back into coverage. What we saw was











    S
    CB


















    CB

    It's essentially a cover three but it's what we called an umbrella in HS. Most zone blitzes are ran with cover 3 but feature the Cbs bailing.
    This
    defense showed 8 attacking the line at the snap of the ball, which is not a zone blitz








    S
    CB












    CB


    WB


    DT


    SB
















    S



    X
    X
    MLB
    X

    1 version of the zone blitz we ran in high school (sorry i played no defense in college as my backpedal was terrible)

    During the Skins game i did not see that look or any exchange of the WLB and DL responsibility. What i did see was 8 players filling every gap and the corners keeping everything in front of them.
    It looks to me like the skins had a check off on this should we had comeone out in multiple WR sets. However, Childress caved and added additional players on the line to help out and placed the game in TJ's hands to beat. The results 14 points off of 2 INTS thrown in our side of the field.
    I'm with ya know.

    We didn't even know what a Zone Blitz was when I played (77, 78, 79).
    By the way, I played both sides but that doesn't mean I was any good.
    It just meant that we were desperate for players.....

    Did you see all the links I provided on the variations of the Zone Blitz scheme?
    Might explain the difference between what you call a ZBlitz and what I call a ZBlitz.

    When you see 8 and 9 man fronts, disguising who is coming from were and DL doing funcky things, then I equate those to fronts as ZBlitz's.
    I see. That might be the disconnect. I was always taught that it's whenever a lineman takes the place of LB during a blitz while you are running a variation of a zone. Don't hold me on that as I played FS and only learned enough to keep the opposing team from scoring(HS we ran cover 3 9 ou of 10 plays)


Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. House for sale, tomb included..
    By Johnson14 in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-17-2011, 07:10 PM
  2. Vikings' defense silences Allen, Eagles
    By Marrdro in forum The Clubhouse
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 06-03-2010, 09:23 AM
  3. NFC rankings: cornerbacks (AFC Article Included)
    By Marrdro in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 05-16-2008, 02:07 AM
  4. Free-agent success hasn't included a DE
    By cogitans in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 03-08-2008, 05:04 PM
  5. Naysayers! I can't beleive you missed this!
    By Mikecarter81 in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 12
    Last Post: 09-02-2006, 10:36 PM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •