Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast
    kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    Next year, Adrian probably doesn't hit the rookie wall.
    He most likely will have a better understanding of allowing blocks to set up, who he needs to beat in "hat on a hat" situations, how to pick up the blitz, run a route, and catch the ball.
    Our rookies this year are depth and developmental guys.
    We, hopefully, most likely, won't be counting on rookies to contribute right away as we start the season like we were last year with AP, Rice, MacCauley and Robison all gettin significant playing time right off the Kickoff.
    I think that is a very interesting point.
    A lot of people are quick to point out that AD was shut down in the second half, and oft attribute it to defenses stacking the LOS.
    Well, they did stack the line to be sure, and part of that had to do with AD very rarely being on the field on passing plays.
    But another big factor was probably the rookie wall.
    I look forward to seeing what AD does this year without that hurdle.
    WTF? Did you guys watch these games.
    AD didn't hit a rookie wall. The defenses we faced created a scheme that our fearless leader could not combat. Where was the KAO? He decided that TJ would beat the defenses with his throws and hat did not happen. I say no adjustments from the 49ers game. Are you trying to say CT hit the rookie wall as well?
    :
    We saw 1 screen in the last 5 games.
    Not enough tosses, bootlegs motions and spread formations. Where was the shotgun to keep the defenses offf TJ? This is the biggest issue I have with the team. Our staff does not adjust and gets out coached at halftime. Childress has a brilliant pre game prep. I bet it's the best in the league but after half time adjustments are not made...we continue the 3 feet and a cloud of dust. No one has ever been able to answer me....When we are down by a td why is AD on the sideline and not being used as an eligable receiver out of the backfield? Of our
    backs and wrs, who has a better chance to score that much needed TD, Ferge? How about we bring him in and run a decoy route with him? You know the defense is going to be eyeing his every move. I guess he is most effective on the sideline
    : Childress' improvement is just as important as Tj's.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    He most likely will have a better understanding of allowing blocks to set up, who he needs to beat in "hat on a hat" situations, how to pick up the blitz, run a route, and catch the ball.
    We, hopefully, most likely, won't be counting on rookies to contribute right away as we start the season like we were last year with AP, Rice, MacCauley and Robison all gettin significant playing time right off the Kickoff.
    A lot of people are quick to point out that AD was shut down in the second half, and oft attribute it to defenses stacking the LOS.
    Well, they did stack the line to be sure, and part of that had to do with AD very rarely being on the field on passing plays.
    AD didn't hit a rookie wall. The defenses we faced created a scheme that our fearless leader could not combat. Where was the KAO? He decided that TJ would beat the defenses with his throws and hat did not happen. I say no adjustments from the 49ers game. Are you trying to say CT hit the rookie wall as well?
    :
    Not enough tosses, bootlegs motions and spread formations. Where was the shotgun to keep the defenses offf TJ? This is the biggest issue I have with the team. Our staff does not adjust and gets out coached at halftime. Childress has a brilliant pre game prep. I bet it's the best in the league but after half time adjustments are not made...we continue the 3 feet and a cloud of dust. No one has ever been able to answer me....When we are down by a td why is AD on the sideline and not being used as an eligable receiver out of the backfield? Of our
    backs and wrs, who has a better chance to score that much needed TD, Ferge? How about we bring him in and run a decoy route with him? You know the defense is going to be eyeing his every move. I guess he is most effective on the sideline
    agreed once again...
    There is no way AD hit the "rookie wall"
    You don't go from averaging 133 yards/game up untill week 13, to only getting 36 yards a game.
    Thats not a rookie wall, thats having 11 guys keying on you and ignoring all other aspects of the game.
    If he were to hit the rookie wall, he would mabye drop to 70-80 yards a game, not 36.

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    :
    agreed once again...
    You don't go from averaging 133 yards/game up untill week 13, to only getting 36 yards a game.
    Thats not a rookie wall, thats having 11 guys keying on you and ignoring all other aspects of the game.
    If he were to hit the rookie wall, he would mabye drop to 70-80 yards a game, not 36.
    Well I don't know if I would call it the rookie wall but a serious blow to his knee which probably inhibited his ability to cut might have had something to do with it.

As to the 9 in the box thing, why don't you cats go and look at the film.
    He saw those same fronts and still got his yards.
    Explain that away will ya?

Look, I'm not saying that the extra men in the box didn't have a effect as it did but the truth be told, his knee coupled with the fact that all rookies hit the wall, probably had alot more to do with his reduced yards than what defensive fronts he faced.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Caine is offline Jersey Retired

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    The TJack bashers will most likely be eating crow by midseason.
    Those that say he hasn't done anything to show that he can be the man are only focusing on his mistakes...basically ROOKIE mistakes...where he was trying to make plays where there weren't any.
    Yes, he shouldn't have thrown that rainbow pass or fumbled at inopportune times, but let's face it...better last year than this year.
    He DID have some good games down the stretch, but he couldn't get over the hump when the playoffs were on the line.
    The Vikes weren't going to win the Super Bowl last year anyway, so it mattered little whether he was great or not.
    This year will show improvement...probably just enough to get the Vikes where they need to be.
    Close to the Super Bowl but not quite there....and as long as TJack reduces his stupid mistakes (basically by not forcing the action), the Vikings should be right in the mix.
    To expect otherwise is very cynical to say the least.
    The Vikings have put them in a very good position by drafting Booty should TJack fail to take that next step...but at least the front office has made the right move...by giving TJack this year to make his move, while not making themselves too vulnerable in the longer term.
    I think you may be stretching how well Jackson actually did.
    He didn't start completing passes with any regularity until the Vikings started calling a lot of come-back routes.
    His accuracy was chaotic all season with a play here and there that was spot on followed by a few where he was nowhere near his receiver.

As for his "Rookie" mistakes - yeah, I'll buy that.
    What I don't like, however, was the fact that he never overcame them.
    He made the same mistakes all season long.
    Two things made him look better than he was:

1:
    Adrian Peterson exploding on the NFL.
    2:
    The Vikings calling vanilla passing plays.

IMHO, Jackson is behind the learning curve and really needs to step it up if he wants to be the starter here.
    Much like Childress.
    And I recall last off season when the Jackson faithful were telling all of us how much better Jackson was going to be.
    The word "potential" got tossed around a lot.
    As of right now, based solely upon his performance last season, he doesn't frighten anyone (except Viking fans).
    In fact, the best description I read of him was "shakey".

Can he do it?
    Can he step it up?
    Sure.
    But will he?
    We'll see.
    And if he does, I won't eat any crow...I'll just say, "it's about time".

Caine
    It's nice to sit on the fence sometimes.

This is the sequence that I was referring to as regards his improvement:

Matched an NFL record by running for a pair of 2-point conversions at Denver (12/30) as he rallied the team to tie the game and force overtime with a furious 4th quarter comeback…During the Vikings’ 5-game winning streak he went 79-of-112 (70.5%) for 916 yards…Ran for career-high 2 TDs and threw a TD in NBC Sunday Night Football game vs. Washington (12/23)…Threw the longest pass of his career, a 71-yarder, to Robert Ferguson vs. Chicago (12/17)…Won his 1st career start on Monday Night Football by helping engineer a comeback from a 10-point 1st-half deficit to claim a 20-13 win over the Bears…Had his 1st career game with no sacks and no interceptions in win at San Francisco (12/9)…Went 18-of-24 for 204 yards and his career-high 2 TD passes vs. Detroit (12/2) while rushing 5 times for 20 yards and posting his 2nd straight passer rating of 100+ with a 110.4 mark…Threw his 3rd TD pass of 60+ yards and had the best passer rating of his career, 139.2, @ NY Giants (11/25).

Yeah, he had help...but most QBs get help from their teammates as well.
    Tom Brady wins NO Super Bowls without his DEFENSE putting him in position to be able to drive for the winning FGs in two of those games (note not a TD, but a FG drive, which is much easier when your defense maintains decent field position in the first place).
    It's nice to see someone use all the positives and ignore the negatives in this debate. Often it's the other way around.
    One question I would ask is, do you think the play calling limited TJ in his production or development?
    Nope...they gave him what he could handle.

His glaring mistakes are what stand out the most to the naysayers...but what people don't realize is that TJack was trying to make something happen ala Brett Favre (and we all know what happened when Favre didn't have the right playmakers around him...he threw a ton of INTs).
    Yeah, TJack isn't a Pro Bowler...but then even a Pro Bowler like Favre got burned when he tried to make plays that weren't there.
    Didn't stop Favre from winning a ton of games...and a Super Bowl though.
    Now you're trying to compare Jackson and Favre?
    Really?
    And you don't think that's a bit of a stretch?

I just finished reading the "Media Hates Jackson" rant too...and a common theme prevails.
    Some people are completely willing and able to see past the obvious and ignore situational facts if they don't fit their notions of what should be.

The vast majority of Jacksons stats came after two things occurred:

1:
    Defenses loaded the box to stop Peterson (When Childress wasn't stopping him by keeping him on the sidelines).

2:
    Minnesota's passing game was reduced to come back routes with the occassional fly route put in.

No one....let me restate that... NO ONE in the entire NFL respected our passing game last season.
    Not one single solitary person.
    Nada.
    Zip.
    Zero.
    Why?
    Was it all because of Williamson?
    Nope.
    It was because our Quarterback never did anything to MAKE anyone respect him.

He missed open receivers.
    He threw into coverage (especially versus Detroit).
    He had that silly "jump pass" (that I hope to never see again).
    He panicked in the pocket.

In short, he spent most of the season looking like a deer in headlights.

Once Peterson blew up on Chicago and San Diego, teams shifted focus to him, and basically ignored Jackson.
    Why?
    Because they knew they could.

I don't give a rip what school he went to.
    I don't care how ready or not ready he was...he's "The Guy".
    When you're "The Guy" you have to perform or someone else gets brought in to be "The Guy".

So, you can post all the stats you want.
    You can cite his win-loss record (which is very misleading), you can post his completion percentage (also a skewed number), but look at what was happening on the field while those numbers were being generated.
    Was it Jackson who took the team on his shoulders and drove them to victory...or was he just along for the ride?

In most cases, he was simply a passenger.

Granted, he looked REALLY good in the 2nd half of the Denver game.
    Had he played like that all season long, this thread wouldn't exist.
    But because it was the ONLY game he really came alive in, and I have a nice handful of very sub-par performances to stack it up against, which one do you think I'm calling the "norm"?

I hope that Tarvaris has studied the crap out of the Denver game.
    I hope he plays all season long like it's the second half (we can skip the OT).
    But I'm not betting on it.

Is that sitting on the fence?
    Nope.
    My opinion is out there, repeatedly.
    But it's always been this:
    Jackson has not shown that he is ready or able to be the starting QB of the Vikings.
    That's it, in a nut shell.
    So, if he finally does, why would I feel I should "eat crow"?
    Because he finally stepped up?
    Fact is, while I have advocated bringing in other QB options, I haven't felt we had ANYONE worth playing the past couple years.
    Bollinger and Holcomb were just as bad as Jackson.
    Booty is at least a year away from even being considered the starter.
    Maybe Gus could step in, but he's a temp fix at best, and his role is to prepare Jackson and Booty.

So, Jackson has potential, but thaqt means squat until he produces.
    Maybe he will this year.
    We'll know in about 4 1/2 months.
    If he does, great.
    If he doesn't...put in a Booty call (You knew that was coming, right?).
    But either way, the only one in a position to have to eat crow is Childress if Jackson flops.
    He bet the farm on him.
    The rest of us have simply pointed out that it hasn't worked to date.

Caine

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"Caine" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "Caine" wrote:
    [quote author=cajunvike link=topic=44499.msg771378#msg771378 date=1209435848]
    The TJack bashers will most likely be eating crow by midseason.
    Those that say he hasn't done anything to show that he can be the man are only focusing on his mistakes...basically ROOKIE mistakes...where he was trying to make plays where there weren't any.
    Yes, he shouldn't have thrown that rainbow pass or fumbled at inopportune times, but let's face it...better last year than this year.
    He DID have some good games down the stretch, but he couldn't get over the hump when the playoffs were on the line.
    The Vikes weren't going to win the Super Bowl last year anyway, so it mattered little whether he was great or not.
    This year will show improvement...probably just enough to get the Vikes where they need to be.
    Close to the Super Bowl but not quite there....and as long as TJack reduces his stupid mistakes (basically by not forcing the action), the Vikings should be right in the mix.
    To expect otherwise is very cynical to say the least.
    The Vikings have put them in a very good position by drafting Booty should TJack fail to take that next step...but at least the front office has made the right move...by giving TJack this year to make his move, while not making themselves too vulnerable in the longer term.
    I think you may be stretching how well Jackson actually did.
    He didn't start completing passes with any regularity until the Vikings started calling a lot of come-back routes.
    His accuracy was chaotic all season with a play here and there that was spot on followed by a few where he was nowhere near his receiver.

As for his "Rookie" mistakes - yeah, I'll buy that.
    What I don't like, however, was the fact that he never overcame them.
    He made the same mistakes all season long.
    Two things made him look better than he was:

1:
    Adrian Peterson exploding on the NFL.
    2:
    The Vikings calling vanilla passing plays.

IMHO, Jackson is behind the learning curve and really needs to step it up if he wants to be the starter here.
    Much like Childress.
    And I recall last off season when the Jackson faithful were telling all of us how much better Jackson was going to be.
    The word "potential" got tossed around a lot.
    As of right now, based solely upon his performance last season, he doesn't frighten anyone (except Viking fans).
    In fact, the best description I read of him was "shakey".

Can he do it?
    Can he step it up?
    Sure.
    But will he?
    We'll see.
    And if he does, I won't eat any crow...I'll just say, "it's about time".

Caine
    It's nice to sit on the fence sometimes.

This is the sequence that I was referring to as regards his improvement:

Matched an NFL record by running for a pair of 2-point conversions at Denver (12/30) as he rallied the team to tie the game and force overtime with a furious 4th quarter comeback…During the Vikings’ 5-game winning streak he went 79-of-112 (70.5%) for 916 yards…Ran for career-high 2 TDs and threw a TD in NBC Sunday Night Football game vs. Washington (12/23)…Threw the longest pass of his career, a 71-yarder, to Robert Ferguson vs. Chicago (12/17)…Won his 1st career start on Monday Night Football by helping engineer a comeback from a 10-point 1st-half deficit to claim a 20-13 win over the Bears…Had his 1st career game with no sacks and no interceptions in win at San Francisco (12/9)…Went 18-of-24 for 204 yards and his career-high 2 TD passes vs. Detroit (12/2) while rushing 5 times for 20 yards and posting his 2nd straight passer rating of 100+ with a 110.4 mark…Threw his 3rd TD pass of 60+ yards and had the best passer rating of his career, 139.2, @ NY Giants (11/25).

Yeah, he had help...but most QBs get help from their teammates as well.
    Tom Brady wins NO Super Bowls without his DEFENSE putting him in position to be able to drive for the winning FGs in two of those games (note not a TD, but a FG drive, which is much easier when your defense maintains decent field position in the first place).
    It's nice to see someone use all the positives and ignore the negatives in this debate. Often it's the other way around.
    One question I would ask is, do you think the play calling limited TJ in his production or development?
    Nope...they gave him what he could handle.

His glaring mistakes are what stand out the most to the naysayers...but what people don't realize is that TJack was trying to make something happen ala Brett Favre (and we all know what happened when Favre didn't have the right playmakers around him...he threw a ton of INTs).
    Yeah, TJack isn't a Pro Bowler...but then even a Pro Bowler like Favre got burned when he tried to make plays that weren't there.
    Didn't stop Favre from winning a ton of games...and a Super Bowl though.
    Now you're trying to compare Jackson and Favre?
    Really?
    And you don't think that's a bit of a stretch?

I just finished reading the "Media Hates Jackson" rant too...and a common theme prevails.
    Some people are completely willing and able to see past the obvious and ignore situational facts if they don't fit their notions of what should be.

The vast majority of Jacksons stats came after two things occurred:

1:
    Defenses loaded the box to stop Peterson (When Childress wasn't stopping him by keeping him on the sidelines).

2:
    Minnesota's passing game was reduced to come back routes with the occassional fly route put in.

No one....let me restate that... NO ONE in the entire NFL respected our passing game last season.
    Not one single solitary person.
    Nada.
    Zip.
    Zero.
    Why?
    Was it all because of Williamson?
    Nope.
    It was because our Quarterback never did anything to MAKE anyone respect him.

He missed open receivers.
    He threw into coverage (especially versus Detroit).
    He had that silly "jump pass" (that I hope to never see again).
    He panicked in the pocket.

In short, he spent most of the season looking like a deer in headlights.

Once Peterson blew up on Chicago and San Diego, teams shifted focus to him, and basically ignored Jackson.
    Why?
    Because they knew they could.

I don't give a rip what school he went to.
    I don't care how ready or not ready he was...he's "The Guy".
    When you're "The Guy" you have to perform or someone else gets brought in to be "The Guy".

So, you can post all the stats you want.
    You can cite his win-loss record (which is very misleading), you can post his completion percentage (also a skewed number), but look at what was happening on the field while those numbers were being generated.
    Was it Jackson who took the team on his shoulders and drove them to victory...or was he just along for the ride?

In most cases, he was simply a passenger.

Granted, he looked REALLY good in the 2nd half of the Denver game.
    Had he played like that all season long, this thread wouldn't exist.
    But because it was the ONLY game he really came alive in, and I have a nice handful of very sub-par performances to stack it up against, which one do you think I'm calling the "norm"?

I hope that Tarvaris has studied the crap out of the Denver game.
    I hope he plays all season long like it's the second half (we can skip the OT).
    But I'm not betting on it.

Is that sitting on the fence?
    Nope.
    My opinion is out there, repeatedly.
    But it's always been this:
    Jackson has not shown that he is ready or able to be the starting QB of the Vikings.
    That's it, in a nut shell.
    So, if he finally does, why would I feel I should "eat crow"?
    Because he finally stepped up?
    Fact is, while I have advocated bringing in other QB options, I haven't felt we had ANYONE worth playing the past couple years.
    Bollinger and Holcomb were just as bad as Jackson.
    Booty is at least a year away from even being considered the starter.
    Maybe Gus could step in, but he's a temp fix at best, and his role is to prepare Jackson and Booty.

So, Jackson has potential, but thaqt means squat until he produces.
    Maybe he will this year.
    We'll know in about 4 1/2 months.
    If he does, great.
    If he doesn't...put in a Booty call (You knew that was coming, right?).
    But either way, the only one in a position to have to eat crow is Childress if Jackson flops.
    He bet the farm on him.
    The rest of us have simply pointed out that it hasn't worked to date.

Caine

[/quote]

I think you have always been decent poster since I can remeber, but I know you are definitly off. We have been seeing loaded boxes for two years straight, it goes all the way back to weenie arm Brad Johnson and our lack of threat at WR. Was Troy part of this, sure as sh*t, how are teams afraid of guy that can't catch the football? Stacked boxes has been a normal thing around here for some time, maybe not 9 guys but definitly 8. Another thing I wanted to point out is just how predictable our play calling is, it almost seemed as if defenses knew what we were gonna do before we even did it, top that with Childress being pig headed enough to play exactly what he called every play without audibles or adjustments. Handicapped my friend, some of this may have to do with Tarvaris being a young inexperienced QB.

Tarvaris played better when the team started to paly better, the offensive line was producing in the running game and passing game, the WR's started to come along, and we stopped the fullish penalties that killed our drives. Tarvaris went 8-4 regardless of what people say that record stands. We even lost a game or two
    that he played well in. I'm not trying to say Tarvaris deserves all the credit for the wins but he's definitly getting his fair share in the losses, say for example the Redskins game where we couldn't break the line of scrimage in the running game, his best WR was on the bench injured and we asked him to throw it 41 times against a top NFC defense. There is plenty of blaim to go around in that game. I don't necassarly like to use alot of #'s in my debates but you can't hide the fact that there was very solid improvement over the course of the season leading all the way to the last game. The come back route arguement doesn't make alot sense to me, I thought slants and comeback routes played a key role in our offense. The go routes were definitly not easy to execute, for one thing we had no deep threat and its rare we provide the time up front. Handicapped.

Booty is most likely not gonna see the field, if Tarvaris manages to fail while everyone else is producing we will see Gus Ferotte.

I think it is very easy to doubt Tarvaris, he was doubted from the time he was drafted because nobody knew who he was. I know for a fact that he came out raw but willing to learn and grow as a developmental QB. Childress says it himself, it will take 4 to 5 years to fully develop a QB. He has played 2 years with 14 starts in a very inconsistent offense.

I'm very aware of Tarvaris Jackson's weakness's. One inparticular that I repeat is the National Televised games, this is gotta be corrected. Better offensive line protection and reliable targets at WR will bring much needed confidence. Another thing I disagree on is "panicking", I've watched all the games, he paniced VS Dallas, other then that I don't see where the panicking claim is coming from, all youn QB's tend force bad passes trying to make some out of nothing, expected IMO.

You will eat crow when Tarvaris becomes a good QB because you are doubting him, no ifs ands or buts, your a TJ doubter, thats your opinion and your definitly entitled to it but don't circle jerk eating crow and I promise to do the same.

ultravikingfan is offline Administrator

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    You will eat crow when Tarvaris becomes a good QB because you are doubting him, no ifs and or buts, your a TJ doubter, thats your opinion and your definitly entitled to it but don't circle jerk eating crow and I promise to do the same.
    I knew a guy who once was in a circle jerk while eating crow.
    Poor son-of-a-bitch got the damn beek stuck in his peehole.

The guy was never the same.

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    You will eat crow when Tarvaris becomes a good QB because you are doubting him, no ifs and or buts, your a TJ doubter, thats your opinion and your definitly entitled to it but don't circle jerk eating crow and I promise to do the same.
    Poor son-of-a-bitch got the damn beek stuck in his peehole.

I'm offended mods aren't suppose to be funny

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Poor son-of-a-beeyatch got the gol 'darnit beek stuck in his peehole.

LOL, depending on the bird, the beak and the speed in which it happened, that could hurt.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

kevoncox is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "mountainviking" wrote:
    :
    agreed once again...
    Well I don't know if I would call it the rookie wall but a serious blow to his knee which probably inhibited his ability to cut might have had something to do with it.

Look, I'm not saying that the extra men in the box didn't have a effect as it did but the truth be told, his knee coupled with the fact that all rookies hit the wall, probably had alot more to do with his reduced yards than what defensive fronts he faced.

;D
    Explain CT's stats! I think we disagree on this because you believe that teams were playing us the same way the entire season. I believe that teams started adusting their fronts after the success of the 49ers game.
    Example A
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3IaMr_S508&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    The very first play you see the
    their traditional
    3-4 set but the CBs are bailing, focus on the CB at the top of the screen. At 1:19 you see the CBs not keying in on the run and they get gashed for the TD.
    WR

WR

XXOXXTE

WR

Q

AD

At 1:53, Cb not playing, the run and 7 yards off the ball. Also in this game you see a lot of Man coverage allowing for a lot of cut backs to the uncovered side.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jM4eNb6NLC4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Full on the snap...8 guys forward, no read. Just meet at the line.
    2nd play, LB moves over and saftey blitz. 8 man blitz and Tj throws a bad pick with enough time to throw Marr, dispelling you claims of the O-Line.Tj placed it to high. Keep it low and the catch is made for 10 yards and a 1st. It's a umbrella coverage so the CB, and S are over the top and the WR is below. 31 other starting Qbs make that throw. Pause the video at 1:24 and look at the field he had to place the ball.

"kevoncox" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "kevoncox" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    [quote author=mountainviking link=topic=44499.msg771744#msg771744 date=1209493704]
    :
    agreed once again...

;D
    Explain CT's stats! I think we disagree on this because you believe that teams were playing us the same way the entire season. I believe that teams started adusting their fronts after the success of the 49ers game.
    Example A
    [youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/Y3IaMr_S508&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]
    The very first play you see the
    their traditional
    3-4 set but the CBs are bailing, focus on the CB at the top of the screen. At 1:19 you see the CBs not keying in on the run and they get gashed for the TD.
    WR

WR

XXOXXTE

WR

Q

AD

At 1:53, Cb not playing, the run and 7 yards off the ball. Also in this game you see a lot of Man coverage allowing for a lot of cut backs to the uncovered side.

[youtube=425,350]<object width="425" height="355"><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jM4eNb6NLC4&hl=en" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="355"></embed></object>[/youtube]

Full on the snap...8 guys forward, no read. Just meet at the line.
    2nd play, LB moves over and saftey blitz. 8 man blitz and Tj throws a bad pick with enough time to throw Marr, dispelling you claims of the O-Line.Tj placed it to high. Keep it low and the catch is made for 10 yards and a 1st. It's a umbrella coverage so the CB, and S are over the top and the WR is below. 31 other starting Qbs make that throw. Pause the video at 1:24 and look at the field he had to place the ball.
    [/quote]
    I think you lost me there.

I watched 2 plays from the first clip.......

:23 - 8 man front, Zone blitz, huge gain.....

I watched alot of the SD clip (cause I love to watch those runs).

2:40 - 8 man front, ZB, Huge gain.......
    3:03 - Same same
    3:27 - Same same
    4:04 - Big change here.....9 man front....What was the result?

Look, I'm not contending that we only say 8 and 9 man fronts.
    I am saying that he consistently beat those 8 and 9 man fronts before he hurt his knee.

;D
    Re-watch the clips you provided (thanks by the way, love to watch that cat run).
    You will see that I am right on this.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast