Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Re: Childress silences naysayers (me included !)

where can we find what undrafted free agents we signed or invited to camp??

DustinDupont is offline Team Alumni

"petersenkyle1167" wrote:
    where can we find what undrafted free agents we signed or invited to camp??
    http://www.fflivewire.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=128822

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Great idea for a thread but as some have pointed out the Chiller, even though he helps with the value board and overall draft stategy, has very little to do with how/who/what is drafted or the moves that are made up and down the board.

As to the other point, everyone was at Winter Park except a small contingent that represented the team on the draft room floor.
    None of the Triangle were present.
    I can verify that by watching the damn thing from start to finish and wondering who the 3 guys sitting at the Vikes table were.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"StillPurple" wrote:
    I have to admit, I was a doubter and I questioned Childress. But "Chilly" has shut me up and proved me wrong. How ?

Consider the past week:

a. We got the NFL sack leader at DE (Allen), which solved our DE need
    b. We drafted USC QB John Booty today - a QB who can read a defense and who has real NFL mechanics - QB issue SOLVED.
    ;D
    c. We drafted a center to - eventually - replace Matt Birk. Again, nice
    d. Ok. we drafted a safety (like we needed another one). But this one is a Roy Williams- type who supports the run very well.

Overall, I would have to say, this has been a STELLAR week for the Vikings, and for Brad Childress.

This team is now ready for the Super Bowl run.
    ;D
    a horrible analogy, RW has been garbage lately missing alot of tackles and getting burned in the seconday

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Schutz is offline Team Alumni

"Marrdro" wrote:
    Great idea for a thread but as some have pointed out the Chiller, even though he helps with the value board and overall draft stategy, has very little to do with how/who/what is drafted or the moves that are made up and down the board.

As to the other point, everyone was at Winter Park except a small contingent that represented the team on the draft room floor.
    I can verify that by watching the gol 'darnit thing from start to finish and wondering who the 3 guys sitting at the Vikes table were.
    ;D
    Actually they were in a secret bunker 5 miles underground.

vikes2456 is offline Hall of Famer

"Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

I can verify that by watching the gol 'darnit thing from start to finish and wondering who the 3 guys sitting at the Vikes table were.
    ;D
    And Chilly was hanging out in Toys R Us with Micheal Jackson

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Childress will silence his critics on the field and not through the players the team acquires. If getting the most expensive free agents in the offseason was enough Dan Snyder would be on Mount Rushmore.

He now has the talent that he wants and there are no more excuses for the team underperforming. If used correctly there is enough talent on this team to be very competitive and I pray they are.

jessejames09 is offline Ring of Fame

"vikes2456" wrote:
    "Schutz" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:

;D
    And Chilly was hanging out in Toys R Us with Micheal Jackson
    Chilly was obviously there to keep MJ in line and to give him a roundhouse if he opens his eyes.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I definitly give Childress his due credit, I want to see childress come up with game plans to beat good teams and become a better play caller. This will come with time and experience. His job will only be easier now that our QB is a year better and we have some stability at WR.

I give Childress alot of credit for the things that happen here in Minnesota from the the staff to the players, he plays a big role in everything. He might not scout these players but don't be so sure he doesn't know as much about the ones we like as our scouting department. What I really like about Childress is how well he does back ground checks on the rookies and FA's. He wants talent, character, and guys that fit the system. He definitly had a say in the Jared Allen trade, this is his team but without guys like Wilf, Spielman, our contract guy and our players it may not have been possible. We do things around here as a team with Childress leading it, we are riding out Brad Childress's Philosophy.

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Marrdro" wrote:

I can verify that by watching the damn thing from start to finish and wondering who the 3 guys sitting at the Vikes table were.

;D
    Sorry Marr, but I beg to differ,
    the Head Coach ( Chilly )
    has alot more say than some people here are willing to give him credit for.
    And the draft board is layed out and put in place well before draft day.
    With a great number of scenerio's also.
    Sure it's a team effort with FO, Scouts, Assistants, and Head Coach, when it comes to building up a draft board, but it's the Head coach's philosophy and systems that will be played out on the field.
    He has alot more influence on who does and doesn't
    play for us, than some are giving him credit for.
    And the one with the least impact on our picks and pick-ups is yes, us the fans...

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast