Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound

Childress plans to retain his entire staff

[size=13pt]Minnesota Vikings coach Brad Childress plans to retain his entire staff[/size]

Special-teams coach Ferraro to stay on

By Rick Alonzo
    [email protected]

Updated: 01/09/2009 12:25:28 AM CST

Coaches seek stability whenever it's prudent and possible.

So it wasn't surprising that Vikings coach Brad Childress said he plans to retain his staff of assistants, including special-teams coach Paul Ferraro....

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Articnv is offline Coach

Re: Childress plans to retain his entire staff

OMG the worst spell teams in the history of the nfl and your not goign to sh!t can him i lost
    the little respect i had left for chilly

BleedinPandG is offline Coach

I was afraid of this.
    Continuity is important... but so is admitting when someone is getting the job done.
    The true measure of a man is what he'd do knowing he'd never be found out.

erik5032 is offline Star Spokesman

why would you keep Paul ferraro!!!!!!!!!!!!! omg!

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

That's just foolish.

There's no doubt Ferraro and Bevell need to go.

I would consider losing Pat Morris(OL) or at least bring in an assistant OL coach with a pass blocking specialty. And lose George Stewart, WR coach.

But Morris and Stewart might just look bad because of the offense we run. Our WR and OL units could look much better if we executed a more creative passing game complete with halftime adjustments and audibles at the line.

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I think the biggest reason to not fire Paul would be because of the asending improvement of the unit. That tells me he got the guys on the right page, maintaining lanes, ect. Hopefully we begin right where we finished off and continue to get better. If Farwell gets Healthy thats huge.

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    I think the biggest reason to not fire Paul would be because of the asending improvement of the unit. That tells me he got the guys on the right page, maintaining lanes, ect. Hopefully we begin right where we finished off and continue to get better. If Farwell gets Healthy thats huge.
    Isn't "better" the only direction we could go from where we left off?

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I thought most of major Specail Teams issues were earlier in the year, not later in the year. I know the first game of season we blew some coverage to the Packers, really blew it vs the Bears in Chicago and then blew it again vs the Packers at home. If i'm correct our specail teams was alot better as the season ascended. I would say KickOff Coverage could be better but so could the kickoffs, getting a guy that can kick deep has already been acomplished, I heard he's really good.

I thought toward the end of the season we played our best specail teams but there is always room for improvement, no doubt.

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    I thought most of major Specail Teams issues were earlier in the year, not later in the year. I know the first game of season we blew some coverage to the Packers, really blew it vs the Bears in Chicago and then blew it again vs the Packers at home. If i'm correct our specail teams was alot better as the season ascended. I would say KickOff Coverage could be better but so could the kickoffs, getting a guy that can kick deep has already been acomplished, I heard he's really good.

I thought toward the end of the season we played our best specail teams but there is always room for improvement, no doubt.
    who's to say he's even going to stay?
    Still has to make it through training camp and preseason.

JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman

While our special teams was just plain bad for the majority of the year, and our overall coaching staff faces some deserved criticism, I think I actually like this move.
    Keep in mind, that although a lot of had Superbowl hopes, we improved from 8-8 to 10-6, we made the playoffs for the first time in 4 years, and we won our division for the first time in 8 years.
    Our coaching staff is not perfect, but our team has improved steadily over each of Childress's years.
    If we continue on that path, we could be a 12-4 team next year, with a legitimate shot at making a superbowl run.
    Also, I think we're lacking a special teams stud.
    In the past we've always had guys like Chris Walsh and Moe Williams, who might not even take a snap on offense or defense but made their presence felt in special teams throughout the game.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast