Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress offically doesn't know his elbow from his butt

Let's not forget this either, here we all are, pounding on our keyboards, while Childress is working on putting together a winning team...Yes, Childress is an NFL Head coach, and he's my Vikings Coach right now.....

He knows a hell of alot more than me or anyone else on this site.....I have faith in him, if he fails, he's the one who will have to pay for it with his job. All of us, well we can all continue to pound on our keys.....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

TE - find a fast TE that fits that can stretch the field better than Wiggins could.

Most like the pickup of Shiancoe except for the money amount (too much). He is young, a good blocker and has great hands. Has good potential.
    Only thing I don't agree with, we did need a Speedy TE, Shiancoe is not.
    So are you suggesting you think Childress should still pick up a fast TE in the draft or something?
    Yes, he should, but he won't.

Again that's why L.J Smith was successful in this system and Wiggins wasn't the difference? Speed.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"NordicNed" wrote:

Let's not forget this either, here we all are, pounding on our keyboards, while Childress is working on putting together a winning team...Yes, Childress is an NFL Head coach, and he's my Vikings Coach right now.....

He knows a hell of alot more than me or anyone else on this site.....I have faith in him, if he fails, he's the one who will have to pay for it with his job. All of us, well we can all continue to pound on our keys.....
    That's fine and all. Fact is, Childress just may prove himself not good enough to be an NFL Head Coach. He has been given the chance, and he deserves the chance, but he has not done much for me to trust him blindly. If he were a Belicheck or a Parcells, someone with a history of winning and building teams, he would have my faith. AS it is, this is new territory for him. He has never had to manage a whole team bouncing back from a losing season. Whether he knows what he is doing or not is very mcuh in question. Not every NFL Head Coach knows what they are doing.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"NordicNed" wrote:

All very true and the smartest thing I've read today, Childress isn't rebuilding Denny's offense from 98 or Mike Tice's twin.
    The offense we saw last year is the offense (WCKAO) we'll see this year, with some upgrades.
    He won't grab big flashy free agents, he'll take the best people for his system as he sees them.

Last year we saw 2 Childresses(??)(Childri ), the one who started 4-2 and I forget how he finished due to several small strokes I suffered for some unknown reason.
    This will be his make or break year.

subject117 is offline Waterboy

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "subject117" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    And just to put things in perspective what is the ratio for the Pats signing big names and releasing big names.
    One big difference there, Childress is no Belichick.
    Belichick does more with less, Childress has done less with less.
    He turned a mediocre team into a horrible team.
    Flame me if you must, but the record shows it.
    Just remember Belichick started his head coaching with the Browns not with a team built by Parcells
    ???
    And Childress took a Tice team and made it _______?

I'm not on an Anti-Childress crusade, I just can't find anything to be positive about this year.
    I usually find some optimism about the team every off-season, but he's really brought me down.

I'm sorry, help me, name anything postive from last season over the previous season.
    (Other than a #7 overall draft pick this year, and no boat fiascos.
    ;D)
    29 interceptions!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

All very true and the smartest thing I've read today, Childress isn't rebuilding Denny's offense from 98 or Mike Tice's twin.
    The offense we saw last year is the offense (WCKAO) we'll see this year, with some upgrades.
    He won't grab big flashy free agents, he'll take the best people for his system as he sees them.

Last year we saw 2 Childresses(??)(Childri ), the one who started 4-2 and I forget how he finished due to several small strokes I suffered for some unknown reason.
    What upgrades?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"BadlandsViking" wrote:
    This was mustache boys first year, hopefully he learned a lot from this year.
    If he has another unproductive season he needs to find a new line of work.
    You mean like jart catcher? Because if he has another season like the last, he will join Les Steckel as one of the worst.
    I don't think that is going to happen.
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"V-Unit" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    "NordicNed" wrote:

What upgrades?
    Brad Johnson isn't starting

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Threads like these make me thankful that fans have absolutely no say in who gets inked.
    Is it really that tough to understand that there is a gameplan for the FA and draft based on what the coaching staff sees day in and day out and they integrate it into their long range goals for the team?
    Childress has one year under his belt with everything new while Meathead just glided during his pathetic tenure of mediocrity using the exact same offense that Denny Green and his staff implemented.
    The second day of FA and people are panicked.
    Pathetic.
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"Prophet" wrote:
    Threads like these make me thankful that fans have absolutely no say in who gets inked.
    Is it really that tough to understand that there is a gameplan for the FA and draft based on what the coaching staff sees day in and day out and they integrate it into their long range goals for the team?
    Childress has one year under his belt with everything new while Meathead just glided during his pathetic tenure of mediocrity using the exact same offense that Denny Green and his staff implemented.
    The second day of FA and people are panicked.
    Pathetic.
    I'd rather refer to myself as scared shitless thank you very much.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast