Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    subject117 is offline Waterboy

Re: Childress offically doesn't know his elbow from his butt

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    And just to put things in perspective what is the ratio for the Pats signing big names and releasing big names.
    One big difference there, Childress is no Belichick.
    Belichick does more with less, Childress has done less with less.
    He turned a mediocre team into a horrible team.
    Flame me if you must, but the record shows it.
    29 interceptions!!! Hahahahahaha!!!

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"VikesfaninWis" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    That is man-hate strike one.

I am really getting tired of repeating this, but we had a great FA last year, and will have another one this year.
    No team can get every single big name player out there, so we can't get upset when FAs sign elsewhere.

And Curtis is a helluva lot better that Porter.
    And I would actually rather have him over Stallworth too.
    Remember last year when everyone was bitching because Childress picked little known Chester Taylor over the great Edge?

Dude, Taylor was basically the only fa player from lasts season that did anything.. Hutchinson sure didn't earn that big of a contract.. The point is, yes we had a great FA period last year, but that was because we got the players to come here right away and sign.. If this was last year, Kevin Curtis wouldn't have left Winter Park without a contract..

This FA class is not near as deep as last years.. With how horrible we played last season with all those "great" FA's, what will next year be like by signing backups? We are so weak on offense, yet we are spending so much time looking at backup LB's, and TE's.. Its frustration more then anything.. If you are ok with your favorite team sucking up the place, then that is fine, but I am not ok with it..
    first off, i think it's pretty hard to say hutch didnt play up to his contract, but IMO he earned at least most of it solidifying that left side with mckinnie.

another thing, theres no way to tell if curtis would've or would not have signed with us last year. what is the diffrence? basically the same people running the show, large amounts of money, i dont understand your logic.

it hasnt even been halfway through the 1st week of FA, and supposedly the vikings are already "sucking it up" because they havent signed the guys on everybodys wishlist quite yet. seriously, let things play out.

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

Free agency has just started.....Redskins and Raiders have barely spent a dollar yet, relax

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"vikinggreg" wrote:
    Free agency has just started.....Redskins and Raiders have barely spent a dollar yet, relax
    Well actually the 'Skins have, they signed a good LB'er in London Fletcher-Baker.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

Little known Chester Taylor? LMAO. He was the second best back in FA last year. Nobody complained we signed hima not very many wante Edge.

I say we outline what Childress would need to do in FA and the draft for us to consider it a successful offseason. I'll start and try to take everyone's opinions into account.

QB - Acquire someone to backup TJ in FA, or maybe draft a QB to challenge for the starting spot.

WR - Get 2, maybe 3 receivers in through the offseason. Picking up 2 solid WRs in FA and then drafting one late is an option. Another could be to get one solid FA and snag a WR early (trade up)?

TE - find a fast TE that fits that can stretch the field better than Wiggins could.

Most like the pickup of Shiancoe except for the money amount (too much). He is young, a good blocker and has great hands. Has good potential.

OG - Hicks is being considered a bust. Bringing in a starter or some to challenge there is neccessary. It would also add to overall line depth.

DE - We need to get a pass-rushing DE to meet both depth and experience needs. Currently we have Edwards who is young but shows promise, Udeze who is injury-prone and underacheiving, and Erasmus who is coming back from injury. Very shaky.

LB - Some want a starter, some want a backup for deoth in case Greenway can't carry the load.

DB - Get a nickelback or a second DB here. Adds depth and challenges the young Griffin for a starting spot.

Well, I think that covers everything. I want to be very open to suggestion on this so that we have something we all agree on. That way we can compare Childress to what we expected from this FA.

Thoughts?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"subject117" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    And just to put things in perspective what is the ratio for the Pats signing big names and releasing big names.
    One big difference there, Childress is no Belichick.
    Belichick does more with less, Childress has done less with less.
    He turned a mediocre team into a horrible team.
    Flame me if you must, but the record shows it.
    Just remember Belichick started his head coaching with the Browns not with a team built by Parcells

vikes09 is offline Hall of Famer

"V-Unit" wrote:
    Little known Chester Taylor? LMAO. He was the second best back in FA last year. Nobody complained we signed hima not very many wante Edge.

I say we outline what Childress would need to do in FA and the draft for us to consider it a successful offseason. I'll start and try to take everyone's opinions into account.

QB - Acquire someone to backup TJ in FA, or maybe draft a QB to challenge for the starting spot.

WR - Get 2, maybe 3 receivers in through the offseason. Picking up 2 solid WRs in FA and then drafting one late is an option. Another could be to get one solid FA and snag a WR early (trade up)?

TE - find a fast TE that fits that can stretch the field better than Wiggins could.

Most like the pickup of Shiancoe except for the money amount (too much). He is young, a good blocker and has great hands. Has good potential.

OG - Hicks is being considered a bust. Bringing in a starter or some to challenge there is neccessary. It would also add to overall line depth.

DE - We need to get a pass-rushing DE to meet both depth and experience needs. Currently we have Edwards who is young but shows promise, Udeze who is injury-prone and underacheiving, and Erasmus who is coming back from injury. Very shaky.

LB - Some want a starter, some want a backup for deoth in case Greenway can't carry the load.

DB - Get a nickelback or a second DB here. Adds depth and challenges the young Griffin for a starting spot.

Well, I think that covers everything. I want to be very open to suggestion on this so that we have something we all agree on. That way we can compare Childress to what we expected from this FA.

Thoughts?
    i pretty much agree with that list. nice job V-unit!!

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "vikinggreg" wrote:
    Well actually the 'Skins have, they signed a good LB'er in London Fletcher-Baker.
    They are getting some shutdown corner too : but I don't think they are at their usual full speed money flying out the door yet

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

"V-Unit" wrote:

Only thing I don't agree with, we did need a Speedy TE, Shiancoe is not.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"UndisputedVike" wrote:
    "V-Unit" wrote:

Only thing I don't agree with, we did need a Speedy TE, Shiancoe is not.
    So are you suggesting you think Childress should still pick up a fast TE in the draft or something?
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast