Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    SharperImage42 is offline Asst. Coach

Childress offically doesn't know his elbow from his butt

I honestly think Childress should start looking at better FA's, Curtis is good and all, but for a 2nd or 3rd reciever. Please i undersand Stallworth or Porter or some guys like such have character issues, but cmon if Childress is who he is, he can whip them back to normal.

I really believe our FA period will be terrible if this continues. We need to get Jerry Porter/Stallworth a good high jumping route running sort of quick reciever. And we can still groom T-will. And we MUST get Kerney, and address the LB position.

SharperImage42

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

Re: Childress offically doesn't know his elbow from his butt

That is man-hate strike one.

I am really getting tired of repeating this, but we had a great FA last year, and will have another one this year.
    No team can get every single big name player out there, so we can't get upset when FAs sign elsewhere.

And Curtis is a helluva lot better that Porter.
    And I would actually rather have him over Stallworth too.
    Remember last year when everyone was bitching because Childress picked little known Chester Taylor over the great Edge?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

Well, IF Childress is fucking up, he's digging his own grave. If these are the guys he thinks it's going to take to win the SB, then I'm backing him. However, if we start the season 2-6 next year I PROMISE, I'll be all over this guy calling for his head.

mr.woo is offline Team Alumni

"NodakPaul" wrote:

I am really getting tired of repeating this, but we had a great FA last year, and will have another one this year.
    No team can get every single big name player out there, so we can't get upset when FAs sign elsewhere.

Remember last year when everyone was bitching because Childress picked little known Chester Taylor over the great Edge?

wait there are big name players out there??? please show me them lol
    woo out
    just two corn cobs shy of a bushel

NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"PurplePackerEater" wrote:
    Well, IF Childress is fricken up, he's digging his own grave. If these are the guys he thinks it's going to take to win the SB, then I'm backing him. However, if we start the season 2-6 next year I PROMISE, I'll be all over this guy calling for his head.
    As will I PPE.
    As will I.
    Let's hope it doesn't come to that.

In fact, if we finish with a record less than .500, then I am calling for his head.
    But I won't start doing it now just because I don't agree with every FA move, or with who we draft in the first round, etc.
    For now, I accept the fact the Childress is our Head Coach, and the odds are pretty good that he knows more about football than some 30+ YOA software engineer with a beer gut who was always a much better fan than football player (I was talking about myself, although I was probably describing half of PP.O at the same time ;D)
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

=Z=

BadlandsVikings is offline Jersey Retired

This was mustache boys first year, hopefully he learned a lot from this year.
    If he has another unproductive season he needs to find a new line of work.

PurplePackerEater is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    Well, IF Childress is fricken up, he's digging his own grave. If these are the guys he thinks it's going to take to win the SB, then I'm backing him. However, if we start the season 2-6 next year I PROMISE, I'll be all over this guy calling for his head.
    As will I PPE.
    As will I.

In fact, if we finish with a record less than .500, then I am calling for his head.
    But I won't start doing it now just because I don't agree with every FA move, or with who we draft in the first round, etc.
    For now, I accept the fact the Childress is our Head Coach, and the odds are pretty good that he knows more about football than some 30+ YOA software engineer with a beer gut who was always a much better fan than football player (I was talking about myself, although I was probably describing half of PP.O at the same time ;D)
    ‘Tis the season for optimism!

vikinggreg is offline Ring of Fame

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    As will I PPE.
    As will I.

‘Tis the season for optimism!
    The first sign of grave digging will be if Chili is sighted in the Iggies dumpster, which he hasn't.....so far we can be optimistic.

And just to put things in perspective what is the ratio for the Pats signing big names and releasing big names.
    Or look at the always active Deadskins and how successful they are in FA, they're off to a good start with the great form tackling machine they signed at CB.

UndisputedVike is offline Coordinator

I'm still trying to figure out what the heck Childress is doing...if he's not careful we will lose Curtis
    Bennett is already going to the Rams, Lelie is going to the Texans, we only have 3 WR's on the Roster 1 whom couldn't catch a ball to save his life 1 is an un-drafted kid with potential the other is some nobody from Baltimore.

I know they said they wouldn't be as active in FA but give me a break this is down right embarrassing, every news site says were "Interested" but no visits scheduled...some are until Monday. Then we get a career backup coming in who we will likely sign and another Special-Team Linebacker who we don't need, we have Jason Glenn and Heath Farwell(I think he agreed to the tender), they are both excellent.

Then we are interested in Sammy Morris? Why? are we getting rid of Moore or Fason? That would be the biggest mistake I've seen in a while. Moore can undoubtedly make some amazing plays from time to time and a good Punt Returner. Fason showed he might be a promising starter someday and I hope he does find a team where he starts he will be a good RB.

I was going to wait and give Chilly my judgment on his work here until after the end of the season but so far he's really starting to irritate me, we all knew our needs coming into FA we needed at least 1 starter on each of our needs to be anywhere near competitive this year, so far we've already managed to do nothing and basically fall flat on our face. I'm not saying we should have went and signed all the big name players on the board, all I'm saying is at least 2 starters at WR maybe a TE who could actually block and catch and who actually had potential and possibly a Guard or Tackle who would better us rather than Cook or Johnson.

I hope we pull something amazing out of our arse come Draft day.

VikesfaninWis is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:

Dude, Taylor was basically the only fa player from lasts season that did anything.. Hutchinson sure didn't earn that big of a contract.. The point is, yes we had a great FA period last year, but that was because we got the players to come here right away and sign.. If this was last year, Kevin Curtis wouldn't have left Winter Park without a contract..

This FA class is not near as deep as last years.. With how horrible we played last season with all those "great" FA's, what will next year be like by signing backups? We are so weak on offense, yet we are spending so much time looking at backup LB's, and TE's.. Its frustration more then anything.. If you are ok with your favorite team sucking up the place, then that is fine, but I am not ok with it..

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast