Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 275
  1. #21
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Come on now Marr, every opportunity you get to say something bad about Birk you will take it.
    If i am correct you said that you didn't wanted him to return after this season right? well that tells me you dislike him.

    I didn't mean you hate him or so, but every time you say something bad about him i ain't gettin' the feeling you like him in any sort of way
    I do like him though.
    In fact I was a huge proponent of him taking over for Christy when he left and took alot of flack over it (on another fan site) when I said the very same things about him that I am now saying about Matt.

    As I've said repeatedly on here, when Joey Browner got the axe, I took that pretty hard and now just focus on the team and never get attached to a single player (or players), for me its all about the team.


    If a guy (and Matt has IMHO) starts to show that he is degrading in his production then it is time for him to go and I don't mind saying so.
    Does that mean I want him to go today?
    Hell no, I don't think either of his replacements are even close to being ready, however, I wouldn't give him a contract extension though my friend.

    And it sure doesn't mean I hate him.
    Quite the contrary....... I have been very opinionated on him but the only players I hate (strong word/Despise would be better) are the players who used to be PUKER players.
    I just can't get over the fact that they at one time help beat the Vikes.

    By the way, I just haven't signled out Matt either.
    On this site, Sharp, Kwill, Twill, Hicks etc have all come under the scope with respect to thier production.
    Your not a hating kind of person and when you say something about him or others i know you don't mean harm in any way. It's just that you say it over and over and over ( that could be me ) that it sometimes feels that you have something against him. Don't get me wrong i always like reading your opinions about thing even if i disagree.

    Anyway i think Birk next year would still be better than Mozes or Sullivan. If we go with Sullivan i say let him learn another year.

    And what's up with players comming from the Pack? I know you could hate Favre playing on our team but people like Longwell and others are just trying to do everything to win. they have no sentiment with the Packers... ( perhaps if they win a superbowl maybe ) It's business sad but true, there are no real rivals anymore rivals are only for the fans not for players
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  2. #22
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Come on now Marr, every opportunity you get to say something bad about Birk you will take it.
    If i am correct you said that you didn't wanted him to return after this season right? well that tells me you dislike him.

    I didn't mean you hate him or so, but every time you say something bad about him i ain't gettin' the feeling you like him in any sort of way
    I do like him though.
    In fact I was a huge proponent of him taking over for Christy when he left and took alot of flack over it (on another fan site) when I said the very same things about him that I am now saying about Matt.

    As I've said repeatedly on here, when Joey Browner got the axe, I took that pretty hard and now just focus on the team and never get attached to a single player (or players), for me its all about the team.


    If a guy (and Matt has IMHO) starts to show that he is degrading in his production then it is time for him to go and I don't mind saying so.
    Does that mean I want him to go today?
    Hell no, I don't think either of his replacements are even close to being ready, however, I wouldn't give him a contract extension though my friend.

    And it sure doesn't mean I hate him.
    Quite the contrary....... I have been very opinionated on him but the only players I hate (strong word/Despise would be better) are the players who used to be PUKER players.

    I just can't get over the fact that they at one time help beat the Vikes.

    By the way, I just haven't signled out Matt either.
    On this site, Sharp, Kwill, Twill, Hicks etc have all come under the scope with respect to thier production.
    Your not a hating kind of person and when you say something about him or others i know you don't mean harm in any way. It's just that you say it over and over and over ( that could be me ) that it sometimes feels that you have something against him. Don't get me wrong i always like reading your opinions about thing even if i disagree.

    Anyway i think Birk next year would still be better than Mozes or Sullivan. If we go with Sullivan i say let him learn another year.

    And what's up with players comming from the Pack? I know you could hate Favre playing on our team but people like Longwell and others are just trying to do everything to win. they have no sentiment with the Packers... ( perhaps if they win a superbowl maybe ) It's business sad but true, there are no real rivals anymore rivals are only for the fans not for players
    I think it appears I say it over and over as we really haven't had anything else of significance to take a stance on this year but if you do a search you will probably find that I took the same stance with Whinny last year.


    I hate it when Vets don't take active leadership roles even to the point of skipping things like Voluntary workouts.

    I really am not sure about the PUKER players.....

    I really couldn't care less about Longwell, probably because he is a kicker ( ;D), Ferg actually started to grow on me a bit last year (go figure ;D) but Sharp.
    That is one cat I just can't see in anyother way other than a Pukey Green and Yellow jersey.
    He broke my heart several times.....

    Should have been around when I finally broke down and bought Wildman a Sharper Jersey.
    Best thing that every happened in my life was AD.
    Now he wears good ole #28 instead.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  3. #23
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    The Flip Flopper is at it again.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  4. #24
    Marrdro's Avatar
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    43,909

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "V" wrote:
    The Flip Flopper is at it again.
    Quit cracking me up.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

  5. #25
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    Wow, if anyone was crtitical of Birk it was me. I thought Mardro was soft on the subject but agreed. I think its best to be honest on the Birk situation rather than biased, honest in what reality is. Birk is older, declining and he's decided he wants to workout away from the rest of the team. He's supposed to be a leader yet he's shown when he gets upset he not team is what matters. I like Mardro am happy to have Birk here this season but we can see it coming from a mile away. I think between Mozes and Sullivan we have time to prepare them for Birks absence.

    Hate and Honest Reality are two different animals, I've been acused of hating Birk and claiming he's a bad person but I can see how this gets twisted through the biased eyes of a long time fan. In the end its best Matt Birk is with the team this season but anything after that would be an objection on my part, unless Birk hops in a time machine and gets back to his dominating days. Skipping OTA's and such is not a good start IMO. Overall I wish Birk the best of luck and look foward to seeing him perform.

  6. #26
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "Mr-holland" wrote:
    Come on now Marr, every opportunity you get to say something bad about Birk you will take it.
    If i am correct you said that you didn't wanted him to return after this season right? well that tells me you dislike him.

    I didn't mean you hate him or so, but every time you say something bad about him i ain't gettin' the feeling you like him in any sort of way
    I do like him though.
    In fact I was a huge proponent of him taking over for Christy when he left and took alot of flack over it (on another fan site) when I said the very same things about him that I am now saying about Matt.

    As I've said repeatedly on here, when Joey Browner got the axe, I took that pretty hard and now just focus on the team and never get attached to a single player (or players), for me its all about the team.


    If a guy (and Matt has IMHO) starts to show that he is degrading in his production then it is time for him to go and I don't mind saying so.
    Does that mean I want him to go today?
    Hell no, I don't think either of his replacements are even close to being ready, however, I wouldn't give him a contract extension though my friend.

    And it sure doesn't mean I hate him.
    Quite the contrary....... I have been very opinionated on him but the only players I hate (strong word/Despise would be better) are the players who used to be PUKER players.
    I just can't get over the fact that they at one time help beat the Vikes.

    By the way, I just haven't signled out Matt either.
    On this site, Sharp, Kwill, Twill, Hicks etc have all come under the scope with respect to thier production.
    Your not a hating kind of person and when you say something about him or others i know you don't mean harm in any way. It's just that you say it over and over and over ( that could be me ) that it sometimes feels that you have something against him. Don't get me wrong i always like reading your opinions about thing even if i disagree.

    Anyway i think Birk next year would still be better than Mozes or Sullivan. If we go with Sullivan i say let him learn another year.

    And what's up with players comming from the Pack? I know you could hate Favre playing on our team but people like Longwell and others are just trying to do everything to win. they have no sentiment with the Packers... ( perhaps if they win a superbowl maybe ) It's business sad but true, there are no real rivals anymore rivals are only for the fans not for players
    Marr is a nit picker.
    :P

    When it comes to players he doesn't much care for, he nit picks & looks for anything & everything he can find to state his case, yet he will overlook a lot of errors that players he likes makes & is not nit picky with them.

    No player is perfect, they all make mistakes. (Yes Mr. A even Moss has dropped easy catches. How many people ever chastised him for it.) Birk & Sharper are no exceptions, but even with a few mistakes by Birk, I'd choose him over a good share of all the other centers starting on other teams. They are far from perfect as well. Birks good plays well out weigh a few mistakes. How often has anyone heard Marr praise Birk when he's downfield taking out a LB or a DB so a RB or another player can get extra yards?

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

  7. #27
    V-Unit's Avatar
    V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,317

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Wow, if anyone was crtitical of Birk it was me. I thought Mardro was soft on the subject but agreed. I think its best to be honest on the Birk situation rather than biased, honest in what reality is. Birk is older, declining and he's decided he wants to workout away from the rest of the team. He's supposed to be a leader yet he's shown when he gets upset he not team is what matters. I like Mardro am happy to have Birk here this season but we can see it coming from a mile away. I think between Mozes and Sullivan we have time to prepare them for Birks absence.

    Hate and Honest Reality are two different animals, I've been acused of hating Birk and claiming he's a bad person but I can see how this gets twisted through the biased eyes of a long time fan. In the end its best Matt Birk is with the team this season but anything after that would be an objection on my part, unless Birk hops in a time machine and gets back to his dominating days. Skipping OTA's and such is not a good start IMO. Overall I wish Birk the best of luck and look foward to seeing him perform.
    Two simple reasons:
    1. Birk declined but is still a Pro Bowl caliber center. To suggest he only has one good season left is absurd.
    2. You treat the skipping of OTAs as a huge deal when it is in fact an extremely small one.

    In reality, I don't have a problem with your stance on Birk's on/off field "troubles". Even though I don't think they exist, I can at least see where your coming from. What gets me is that you think Sullivan and or Mozes are good enough to replace Birk when they haven't seen crap as far as playing time.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet


    Thanks Josdin!

  8. #28
    C Mac D's Avatar
    C Mac D is offline Posting to P'own
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Brooklyn, NY
    Posts
    13,490

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "V" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Wow, if anyone was crtitical of Birk it was me. I thought Mardro was soft on the subject but agreed. I think its best to be honest on the Birk situation rather than biased, honest in what reality is. Birk is older, declining and he's decided he wants to workout away from the rest of the team. He's supposed to be a leader yet he's shown when he gets upset he not team is what matters. I like Mardro am happy to have Birk here this season but we can see it coming from a mile away. I think between Mozes and Sullivan we have time to prepare them for Birks absence.

    Hate and Honest Reality are two different animals, I've been acused of hating Birk and claiming he's a bad person but I can see how this gets twisted through the biased eyes of a long time fan. In the end its best Matt Birk is with the team this season but anything after that would be an objection on my part, unless Birk hops in a time machine and gets back to his dominating days. Skipping OTA's and such is not a good start IMO. Overall I wish Birk the best of luck and look foward to seeing him perform.
    Two simple reasons:
    1. Birk declined but is still a Pro Bowl caliber center. To suggest he only has one good season left is absurd.
    2. You treat the skipping of OTAs as a small deal when it is in fact an extremely small one.

    In reality, I don't have a problem with your stance on Birk's on/off field "troubles". Even though I don't think they exist, I can at least see where your coming from. What gets me is that you think Sullivan and or Mozes are good enough to replace Birk when they haven't seen crap as far as playing time.
    I agree, 31 isn't that old for a lineman.
    Disclaimer: I'm an idiot.

  9. #29
    VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    6,144

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "V" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Wow, if anyone was crtitical of Birk it was me. I thought Mardro was soft on the subject but agreed. I think its best to be honest on the Birk situation rather than biased, honest in what reality is. Birk is older, declining and he's decided he wants to workout away from the rest of the team. He's supposed to be a leader yet he's shown when he gets upset he not team is what matters. I like Mardro am happy to have Birk here this season but we can see it coming from a mile away. I think between Mozes and Sullivan we have time to prepare them for Birks absence.

    Hate and Honest Reality are two different animals, I've been acused of hating Birk and claiming he's a bad person but I can see how this gets twisted through the biased eyes of a long time fan. In the end its best Matt Birk is with the team this season but anything after that would be an objection on my part, unless Birk hops in a time machine and gets back to his dominating days. Skipping OTA's and such is not a good start IMO. Overall I wish Birk the best of luck and look foward to seeing him perform.
    Two simple reasons:
    1. Birk declined but is still a Pro Bowl caliber center. To suggest he only has one good season left is absurd.
    2. You treat the skipping of OTAs as a small deal when it is in fact an extremely small one.

    In reality, I don't have a problem with your stance on Birk's on/off field "troubles". Even though I don't think they exist, I can at least see where your coming from. What gets me is that you think Sullivan and or Mozes are good enough to replace Birk when they haven't seen crap as far as playing time.
    Birk declined and was voted in the Pro Bowl due too his popular name and huge running sucess of our offense that was created by other great players like McKinnie, Cook, Herrera, Sasser, Hutchison, Shancoe, B Wade, Furgeson, Rice, Richardson and the man himself AP.

    Actually I think its more than a small deal he's creating his future and given the fact that its a contract year he's going about it all wrong. I see the picture as a whole. Childress expects the players that are going to play for the this orginization to be doing there working out with the club, there strength and condition. Birk has refused this and then he decided to skip OTA's for the first time in his carear. IMO he did no favors in returning for the long run. Couple that with the fact that he would be 33 in his first year of a new contract. Not likley to happen IMO.

    I think there are a number of Centers that can be plugged in the middle of this offense and flourish. Right now I'm big on the young guys we have coming up.

    I completely understand how you don't believe they exist but they do. You can call them "troubles" but I would like to consider them facts.

  10. #30
    singersp's Avatar
    singersp is offline PPO Newshound
    Join Date
    Sep 2005
    Posts
    52,266

    Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Wow, if anyone was crtitical of Birk it was me. I thought Mardro was soft on the subject but agreed. I think its best to be honest on the Birk situation rather than biased, honest in what reality is. Birk is older, declining and he's decided he wants to workout away from the rest of the team. He's supposed to be a leader yet he's shown when he gets upset he not team is what matters. I like Mardro am happy to have Birk here this season but we can see it coming from a mile away. I think between Mozes and Sullivan we have time to prepare them for Birks absence.

    Hate and Honest Reality are two different animals, I've been acused of hating Birk and claiming he's a bad person but I can see how this gets twisted through the biased eyes of a long time fan. In the end its best Matt Birk is with the team this season but anything after that would be an objection on my part, unless Birk hops in a time machine and gets back to his dominating days. Skipping OTA's and such is not a good start IMO. Overall I wish Birk the best of luck and look foward to seeing him perform.
    1. They were voluntary OTA's, not mandatory OTA's. What part of that don't people understand?

    2. He wanted to be close to his wife, who was 9 month's pregnant & expecting a child very soon.

    "If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

Page 3 of 28 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. John Sullivan Strikes It Rich?
    By Marrdro in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 17
    Last Post: 03-19-2010, 02:55 AM
  2. Center John Sullivan shines in his first start
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 75
    Last Post: 09-18-2009, 12:17 PM
  3. John Sullivan Talks, Bob Sansevere Listens
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-10-2009, 10:41 AM
  4. Vikings' Sullivan prepares to fill void at center
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 82
    Last Post: 04-12-2009, 06:13 PM
  5. John Sullivan
    By Garland Greene in forum Vikings Offseason/Draft/FA Forum
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-28-2008, 06:06 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •