Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728
    NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

We all know that the real story will come out in pre-season games and early regular season, just how well Sullivan does plug in at center and how good he really well be or not.

I do have a gut feeling, he is going to be a younger, stronger, more motivated, and just as smart version of a young Birk......It's going to be like watching Birk 10 years ago....

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

Vikestand is offline Coordinator

"PurpleTide" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Gotta like everything out of the John Sullivan camp, kids been nothing but impressive. I read the other day or yesterday that one of the guys from VikingUpdate.com wasn't too impressed with watching him. Not sure thats gonna be a valid indicator but I expect Sullivan to do some good things. Childress said he's a gym rat, lets hope he's gotten stronger then when he was in college.

The other day I found complete press conferences of Sully's senior season and listen to every weeks. Honest to god I thought Sullivan was a coach, tremendously smart and you can tell his passion for the game. Kid's really impressed me with everthing from thought process to work ethic. I think he can be a tremendous leader and QB of the Oline, as long he can handle himself vs the DT's in the leage.
    Hopefully, practicing against Kevin and Pat will help him with that.
    I hope Kevin and Pat are giving it their best during practices, especially Pat, after his comments about TJ.
    I'd expect they are, but sometimes Vets will go easy during practices as to not strain anything if they know they have the starting job locked up.
    Playing hard not only helps them, but helps the OL learn and get betetr too.
    I hope Frazier is throwing alot of looks at that o-line, zone blitzes, and different gaps, and stunts just to get Sully's head in the game. I also hope we are using cover three, zone/man and man coverages mixed with blitz packages to get those QB's making their progression reads also.
    Sometimes you are only as good as what you practice against. Atleast in the beginning of the season. I hope this holds true for us....

By Pack93z

"Success is the ability to go from one failure to the other with no loss of enthusiasm"-Sir Winston Churchill

NordicNed is offline Jersey Retired

"Vikestand" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:
    "i_bleed_purple" wrote:
    "marshallvike" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    Gotta like everything out of the John Sullivan camp, kids been nothing but impressive. I read the other day or yesterday that one of the guys from VikingUpdate.com wasn't too impressed with watching him. Not sure thats gonna be a valid indicator but I expect Sullivan to do some good things. Childress said he's a gym rat, lets hope he's gotten stronger then when he was in college.

The other day I found complete press conferences of Sully's senior season and listen to every weeks. Honest to god I thought Sullivan was a coach, tremendously smart and you can tell his passion for the game. Kid's really impressed me with everthing from thought process to work ethic. I think he can be a tremendous leader and QB of the Oline, as long he can handle himself vs the DT's in the leage.
    Hopefully, practicing against Kevin and Pat will help him with that.
    I hope Kevin and Pat are giving it their best during practices, especially Pat, after his comments about TJ.
    I'd expect they are, but sometimes Vets will go easy during practices as to not strain anything if they know they have the starting job locked up.
    Playing hard not only helps them, but helps the OL learn and get betetr too.
    I hope Frazier is throwing alot of looks at that o-line, zone blitzes, and different gaps, and stunts just to get Sully's head in the game. I also hope we are using cover three, zone/man and man coverages mixed with blitz packages to get those QB's making their progression reads also.
    Sometimes you are only as good as what you practice against. Atleast in the beginning of the season. I hope this holds true for us....

Vikestand, just wanted to comment on the bike in your sig.....SWEET !

I LOVE THE SMELL OF VICTORY IN THE MORNING AIR.

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

If we don't miss a beat in the Birk-Sullivan transition, I'll be mighty impressed.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

i_bleed_purple is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"V" wrote:
    If we don't miss a beat in the Birk-Sullivan transition, I'll be mighty impressed.
    same, I'm praying for a Christy/Birklike transition.

Page 28 of 28 FirstFirst ... 18262728