Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

Re: Childress impressed with center John Sullivan

"PurpleTide" wrote:

The new Marrdro just isn't as easy to pull his chain. I like that we have some young guys developing for the eventual replacement of M. Birk.
    You crack me up as well my friend.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

Purple Floyd is offline Jersey Retired
    Blog Entries

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "PurpleTide" wrote:

The new Marrdro just isn't as easy to pull his chain. I like that we have some young guys developing for the eventual replacement of M. Birk.
    You crack me up as well my friend.
    ;D

Piss off.

;D

singersp is offline PPO Newshound

"Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    So I hope this doesn't tick off Birk.
    Or Marrdro. I think the big lug had his heart set on Mozes being the new center.
    First, who cares what Birk thinks.
    He is gone after this year..... ;D

Second, my point on Mozes was that there was no need to take a Center high in the draft cause they already had a kid sitting on the bench (Mozes) that the staff liked and was highly touted by the guys on Sirius.

Go back and read my posts....Since they brought in Sullivan I have liked what I have seen coming out of the staff on him.
    Mozes/Sullivan, makes no difference to me.
    I just want to have a guy ready when Birk leaves (or goes down)......
    Yeah, cause everyone knows the guys from Sirius know football. Hell Marr, they are no better qualified than any of the so called Yutzes who write coulmns in the papers.

Remember, I don't get to wrapped around the axel on players......
    Its all about the team
    ;D
    But you do when you hate on them. It's damn near an obsession of hate.

Go back and read your posts....

:P

"If at first you don't succeed, parachuting is not for you"

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:
    Or Marrdro. I think the big lug had his heart set on Mozes being the new center.

Second, my point on Mozes was that there was no need to take a Center high in the draft cause they already had a kid sitting on the bench (Mozes) that the staff liked and was highly touted by the guys on Sirius.

Go back and read my posts....Since they brought in Sullivan I have liked what I have seen coming out of the staff on him.
    Yeah, cause everyone knows the guys from Sirius know football. Hell Marr, they are no better qualified than any of the so called Yutzes who write coulmns in the papers.

Its all about the team

;D

But you do when you hate on them. It's gol 'darnit near an obsession of hate.

I would think thats going a little overboard.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

"VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Its all about the team

;D

See the smileys but if there's a deeper message i agree with Singer, I don't like how Marr dislikes Birk, a guy who's been with the organisation his whole carreer. But everybody has a diffrent opinion and especially those you don't agree with you should respect
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

V-Unit is offline Jersey Retired

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=45665.msg796692#msg796692 date=1214538428]

Its all about the team

;D

See the smileys but if there's a deeper message i agree with Singer, I don't like how Marr dislikes Birk, a guy who's been with the organisation his whole carreer. But everybody has a diffrent opinion and especially those you don't agree with you should respect
    [/quote]

I have no idea how someone comes to the conclusion that a highly-touted young player is better than an experienced pro-bowl vet. I mean, doesn't that argument completely clash with the reasoning we used to get Jared Allen.

Filling your team with inexperienced talent is called either rebuilding (49ers) or sucking (Cardinals). It is all about the team, but a team that doesn't replace talent intelligently is doomed to a Bengal-like future.
    "I hate when threads are destroyed by facts and logic."
    - Prophet

Thanks Josdin!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    "VikingsTw" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    [quote author=marstc09 link=topic=45665.msg796692#msg796692 date=1214538428]

Its all about the team

;D

[/quote]
    Wait a minute now.....

No were do I say I hate or dislike Birk.
    I actually like him alot.
    I just am a bit disappointed in him (even though I understand the business side of it) and his absence.

As to Sharper.
    Again, I like his talent and cheer for him just as hard as I do the rest of the team.
    I just can't get over ex-PUKER players.

One of my many failings.
    :'(

Another failing on my part is the perpensity to point out when a player isn't performing up to speed even though everyone on here accuses me of wearing purple glasses all the time.

Do a quick search and see what I have to say about Big Mac and K-will.
    Again, it isn't dislike.
    Hell I have a K-will jersey that is almost (well maybe not almost) as worn out as my lucky T-shirt.

Still doesn't stop me from pointing out that his numbers continue to decline and it sure the hell doesn't equate to me hating that player.

By he way, Singer knows that thus the
    ;D and the
    :P.
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

"singersp" wrote:
    "Marrdro" wrote:
    "singersp" wrote:
    "marstc09" wrote:

Its all about the team
    ;D

Not so sure about that my friend.
    Most of them have played the game and Kirwan spent eight years (1989-'97) with the New York Jets, beginning as a defensive assistant coach and advancing to director of player administration, where he negotiated contracts and managed the team's salary cap. Before his time with the Jets, Kirwan was an area scout for the Phoenix Cardinals (1989) and Tampa Bay Buccaneers (1983-'86).

He sure the hell knows more about football than Tom Powers.

From our friends at Wikipedia.....
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sirius_NFL_Radio

Don't get to listen to the Opening Drive much, but the other two are the best stuff out there on the game.

8 am ET - The Opening Drive with Bob Papa and Randy Cross

11 am ET - The SIRIUS Blitz with Adam Schein and Solomon Wilcots

3 pm ET - Movin' the Chains with Pat Kirwan and Tim Ryan

I've learned more about football in the year and a half that I have had my Sirius radio than all the years I have been following the game/reading books.

Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni

Come on now Marr, every opportunity you get to say something bad about Birk you will take it.
    If i am correct you said that you didn't wanted him to return after this season right? well that tells me you dislike him.

I didn't mean you hate him or so, but every time you say something bad about him i ain't gettin' the feeling you like him in any sort of way
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

"Mr-holland" wrote:
    Come on now Marr, every opportunity you get to say something bad about Birk you will take it.
    If i am correct you said that you didn't wanted him to return after this season right? well that tells me you dislike him.

I didn't mean you hate him or so, but every time you say something bad about him i ain't gettin' the feeling you like him in any sort of way
    I do like him though.
    In fact I was a huge proponent of him taking over for Christy when he left and took alot of flack over it (on another fan site) when I said the very same things about him that I am now saying about Matt.

As I've said repeatedly on here, when Joey Browner got the axe, I took that pretty hard and now just focus on the team and never get attached to a single player (or players), for me its all about the team.

If a guy (and Matt has IMHO) starts to show that he is degrading in his production then it is time for him to go and I don't mind saying so.
    Does that mean I want him to go today?
    Hell no, I don't think either of his replacements are even close to being ready, however, I wouldn't give him a contract extension though my friend.

And it sure doesn't mean I hate him.
    Quite the contrary....... I have been very opinionated on him but the only players I hate (strong word/Despise would be better) are the players who used to be PUKER players.
    I just can't get over the fact that they at one time help beat the Vikes.

By the way, I just haven't signled out Matt either.
    On this site, Sharp, Kwill, Twill, Hicks etc have all come under the scope with respect to thier production.

Page 2 of 28 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast