Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Formo is offline Team Alumni

Re: Childres's first flop

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I said this was his first flop. Basicaly the only thing he could have screwed up on, he did. His only good move was picking a slow (I can outrun) OLB. Its all that was really left to fill one of the many holes we have. He did what even an uneducated couch like myself would have done.
    Actually, Greenway is faster than what his combine scores say. Mute point you bring up.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    I admit im not pro Childres. And im certainly not pro Brad Johnson. And I dont like the big changes that have been taking place.
    Eh, can't please 'em all..

"CCthebest" wrote:
    BUT even a non Vikings fan would think our draft was lackluster. Especially with a supposed "brain" for head coach. Has no vision whatsoever. Our first priority, bar none, was to get a QB or deal for one.
    How do you know that we didn't try to trade up for Cutler? The fact of the matter is, you don't. Not to mention I would say our first priority was get a QB or LB. With the 17th pick in the 2006 NFL Draft, the Minnesota Vikings choose linebacker Chad Greenway, from Iowa. Sounds like we hit one of our pressing needs.

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Im afraid this was just the first of many things Childres will screw up on. I pray im wrong...
    We may not be flashy like in '98.. but we will, much like the 2nd half of the season last year, find ways to win.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

Have patience CC, and...welcome to PP.O.

DPep11 is offline Asst. Coach

"MadtownMac" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    His only good move was picking a slow (I can outrun) OLB..
    Yeah, I bet you could outrun him...Actually he would most likely tear your head off and skull f%&k you.
    :shock:

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

4.75 is SLOW. And claiming you brought the wrong shoes??? WTF

Muggsy is offline Asst. Coach

"ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:
    Does anyone here remeber 1984 and Les Steckel?
    I am under the impression that the "1979" in your name is the year you were born?

So, at age 5 you do not remeber him. Right?
    umaguma1979 is right, but for da wrong reasons.

Da foist two picks were great IMO. Unfortunately, da problem occured when Fran Fooey REACHED to get Ryan Cook, a foith or fifth round talent, wit' da second of our second round picks. We should have been able to get him easy on da 2nd day, y'know?

Den, he really screws da pooch by tradin' both our 3rd rounders for dat Tarvaris Jackson mug, anudda 2nd day prospect.

If he wanted Jackson so bad, he should have tagged him in da 2nd round instead of Cook. Den, he could have easily gotten Cook wit' either of da thoid round picks. And, we would still have our udda thoid round pick, y'know?

I know, dis is just hindsight. And, da ratings I'm using are just da opinions from scouts who rank dese mugs. And youse mugs know what opinions are woith.

But, Franny was brought in as a so-called big shot, who's supposed ta know what he's doin', y'know? I tink he blew it. He wasted 3 picks on 2 mugs dat, in theory, we could have gotten on day 2, y'know?

We over-payed on dose last two palookas. Dey bedda produce, y'know? Or else Zygi should kick Franny's fat ass!

"From the fury of the Northmen, O Lord, save us!"
    -- From a monestary in Ireland.

"Formo" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    If the draft today was any indication, we are in for a bigger headache then we had with Tice. Our picks were ok, bad, bad, and ok.

2 Ok's was the best he could do???

This is going to be a long season. The only positives people have been saying is our picks have potential. Thats just opptism talking. Every single kid picked today has potential. Some actually have skill tho and we missed them all. With the exception maybe of a OLB thats weak, but smart.
    Unfortunately for you, everything you said was opinion.

Steve Smith for the Carolina Panthers was said to be too small to play in the NFL at the WR position. Same with Hines Ward. John Randle wasn't even drafted! Rookie free agent who was too small to play DT in the NFL.. Yet, he somehow managed to wiggle his way into every Viking fans hearts, and make a prett decent impact. Let's not forget his awesome Farve/chicken commercial.

You cannot judge ANYONE'S picks until the season starts.. And even then you can't judge them. 10 years down the line you can.

Exactly!!!! I like the guys we picked, and that is my opinion!!! I wish we would have made another push at a LB and porbably could have held off on taking Tarvaris Jackson until sunday but i think alot of the players we got can play different positions (i.e. Ryan cook RT and C, Cedric Griffin CB and FS)!! Plus one of my draft magazines said Jackson is a good QB that needs a GOOD QB COACH to show him how to adjust to the NFL!! The last time i checked Brad Childress worked with some QB that i think he did O.K. in his career (so far)!!! you can't have all superstars right off the bat!!! :grin:
    http://www.myspace.com/pooptin

Formo is offline Team Alumni

"CCthebest" wrote:
    4.75 is SLOW. And claiming you brought the wrong shoes??? WTF
    Look at his other scores. 4.5 on Iowa's Pro Day. 4.5 in private work outs with the Vikings. 4.45 in the fall, when he was in his best shape probally.

4.5 to 4.75 is a very likely situation when you aren't wearing the right equipment. You ever run track? If so, you know what I'm saying, and have no arguement.
    Vegans are eating the rainforests. =(

so-cal vike is offline Team Alumni

"Muggsy" wrote:
    "ultravikingfan" wrote:
    "umaguma1979" wrote:
    Does anyone here remeber 1984 and Les Steckel?
    I am under the impression that the "1979" in your name is the year you were born?

So, at age 5 you do not remeber him. Right?
    umaguma1979 is right, but for da wrong reasons.

Da foist two picks were great IMO. Unfortunately, da problem occured when Fran Fooey REACHED to get Ryan Cook, a foith or fifth round talent, wit' da second of our second round picks. We should have been able to get him easy on da 2nd day, y'know?

Den, he really screws da pooch by tradin' both our 3rd rounders for dat Tarvaris Jackson mug, anudda 2nd day prospect.

If he wanted Jackson so bad, he should have tagged him in da 2nd round instead of Cook. Den, he could have easily gotten Cook wit' either of da thoid round picks. And, we would still have our udda thoid round pick, y'know?

I know, dis is just hindsight. And, da ratings I'm using are just da opinions from scouts who rank dese mugs. And youse mugs know what opinions are woith.

But, Franny was brought in as a so-called big shot, who's supposed ta know what he's doin', y'know? I tink he blew it. He wasted 3 picks on 2 mugs dat, in theory, we could have gotten on day 2, y'know?

We over-payed on dose last two palookas. Dey bedda produce, y'know? Or else Zygi should kick Franny's fat jiggly butt!

Now that I've translated it, I couldn't have put it any better myself.

ItalianStallion is offline Jersey Retired

I don't understand why we wouldn't just trade our 3rds to move up for Leinart rather just trade our 3rds for Tarvaris Freakin' Jackson!

I m like a Ja Rule poster, cause I'm off the wall.

"ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't understand why we wouldn't just trade our 3rds to move up for Leinart rather just trade our 3rds for Tarvaris Freakin' Jackson!
    Wait a few years and see what happens before you criticize the decision to not grab Leinart and instead Jackson.

Page 3 of 12 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast