COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress Camp Quotes - 8/7

You can read the whole article at http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_ChildressQuotes8707.html
    But here are a few quotes I found interesting...
    I know St. Louis is apt to blitzes. We go back and look at a little of their preseason last year, and they are going to come after a young quarterback. T
    Q: What has Kenechi Udeze shown you?
    A: I have seen him fly around out there. He is giving our tackles fits, and nothing would build more than for him to come up with a sack or two and kind of build off of that thing. He has got some different things that he has worked on. I am sure he is getting ready to unwrap them.
    Quarterbacks love to throw those rainbows, but in this camp that is something they need to work on. We need to continue to work on those deep ball throws.
    Q: Are third-down conversions one of the most important areas to improve on?
    A: Yeah, it is from the standpoint of a couple things. Number one, you want to make your share and you want to be in third and some of those makeable 3, 4, and 5s. If you can make it to there, those are a lot easier to handle. Do we need to get better? We absolutely need to get better.
    Q: What would you get from (Chester Taylor) him every day?
    A: A day's work for a day's pay. He doesn't know how not to go hard. That is something that he had to learn because he came from a different culture at the Ravens. They treated the lead dog there, Jamal Lewis, a little bit differently than they treated everybody else. We all work the same here. Everybody eats so everybody works.
    Q: Is this a good chance for Chad Greenway to play against the Rams since you have never really seen him play in a game situation?
    A: Yeah, well I've got a pretty good idea. I have seen him out here on defense. I have got a pretty good idea what it will look like. We might have to give him a sedative or something like that.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.

jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Childress Camp Quotes - 8/7

I like that last one about greenway. Hope he is as good as advertised and will be watching closely on Friday.

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"COJOMAY" wrote:
    You can read the whole article at http://www.vikings.com/news_detail_objectname_ChildressQuotes8707.html
    But here are a few quotes I found interesting...
    I know St. Louis is apt to blitzes. We go back and look at a little of their preseason last year, and they are going to come after a young quarterback. T
    Q: What has Kenechi Udeze shown you?
    A: I have seen him fly around out there. He is giving our tackles fits, and nothing would build more than for him to come up with a sack or two and kind of build off of that thing. He has got some different things that he has worked on. I am sure he is getting ready to unwrap them.
    Quarterbacks love to throw those rainbows, but in this camp that is something they need to work on. We need to continue to work on those deep ball throws.
    Q: Are third-down conversions one of the most important areas to improve on?
    A: Yeah, it is from the standpoint of a couple things. Number one, you want to make your share and you want to be in third and some of those makeable 3, 4, and 5s. If you can make it to there, those are a lot easier to handle. Do we need to get better? We absolutely need to get better.
    Q: What would you get from (Chester Taylor) him every day?
    A: A day's work for a day's pay. He doesn't know how not to go hard. That is something that he had to learn because he came from a different culture at the Ravens. They treated the lead dog there, Jamal Lewis, a little bit differently than they treated everybody else. We all work the same here. Everybody eats so everybody works.
    Q: Is this a good chance for Chad Greenway to play against the Rams since you have never really seen him play in a game situation?
    A: Yeah, well I've got a pretty good idea. I have seen him out here on defense. I have got a pretty good idea what it will look like. We might have to give him a sedative or something like that.
    Read the whole article. Great read. Answered a lot of questions about how Childress sees things at this point in time. I'm a little more optomistic.
    Childress seams to have a realistic view of things at this stage of camp.
    Encouraging!
    “What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. It’s the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

COJOMAY is offline Jersey Retired

Childress seams to have a realistic view of things at this stage of camp.
    Encouraging!
    I noticed that too. He's not saying they are going to be super good or giving us hype. This is a new Childress.
    Kentucky Vikes Fan

When you require nothing, you get nothing; when you expect nothing, you will find nothing; when you embrace nothing, all you will have is nothing.