Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 73
  1. #21
    LuckyVike's Avatar
    LuckyVike is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    2,785

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    "coreyd" wrote:
    "vikes2456" wrote:
    I would rather have Chester 75% someone else 25%, I'm not a real big fan of rb by committee though
    In my opinion, running back by committee says that you dont have enough confidence in one guy to get the job done.
    None the less, the fact is that both superbowl teams ran running back by committee.
    The best part of my day is when I get down on my knees, with my head in my hands, and thank GOD for everything he has given me.

  2. #22
    ultravikingfan's Avatar
    ultravikingfan is offline Administrator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    NE Ohio
    Posts
    24,514

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    its on rotoworld.com i dont know how to put links
    [size=20pt]Copy/Paste[/size]

    >Find the URL on the address bar above
    >highlight it
    >right-click
    >select Copy
    >right click in a thread and select Paste

    Or if you do not have a link, don't post it.

  3. #23
    Mr-holland's Avatar
    Mr-holland is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    3,443

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    Don't draft a Rb in the first round, it's not our weakness!!!

    Chester could split his carries, but as others have said 70-75% C.t and 25-30% others. that would be good, as what we've seen last year it was clearly to me Chester was overused
    Rosie O'Donnell is a dude!

  4. #24
    NodakPaul's Avatar
    NodakPaul is offline Jersey Retired
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Location
    West Fargo, ND
    Posts
    17,605
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't care who carries the ball so long as we improve our yards per attempt from last year.
    We averaged 4.1 yards per attempt last year.
    Is that really that bad?
    Zeus wrote:
    When are you going to realize that picking out the 20 bad throws this year and ignoring the 300 good ones does not make your point?

    =Z=

  5. #25
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    "ItalianStallion" wrote:
    I don't care who carries the ball so long as we improve our yards per attempt from last year.
    We averaged 4.1 yards per attempt last year.
    Is that really that bad?
    No that is actually good.

    If we sure up the right side that number could even go higher. The left side of the line averaged over 5 yards a carry which is great.

    The best rushing teams in the NFL manage about 5 yards per carry. So really I would say 4.5+ is very solid
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    999

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    "DaVizzles" wrote:
    i think that this is a joke i wonder if chillie has gone out of his mind what do yall think of this???
    I like the idea.

    It will reduce the wear and tear on CTaylor, who wore down late last year.
    It will make use of other players who are being paid to be on the roster.
    It will keep the RBs fresher at the end of the game, so they will be more likely able to wear down the opposing defense and run out the clock (hopefully, the Vikes are leading all games in the 4th qtr this year ).
    It may complicate the gameplanning by opposing defenses against defending the run.
    It may improve the passing game if Mewelde 'Tyler' Moore gets more catches.


    When we stop to think about it, most folks behavior isn't perplexing after all !

  7. #27
    JDogg926's Avatar
    JDogg926 is offline Star Spokesman
    Join Date
    Dec 1969
    Posts
    1,786

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    I think this is a great idea also.
    The only thing it will hurt is Taylor's fantasy value.


    I still think he should get 15-20 carries a game, but I'd like to see Mewelde Moore a little bit more, maybe 8-10 carries a game, then if Taylor's having a bad game, maybe Moore will be having a good one and we'll still be alright.


    We could even get Fason a couple carries a game.

    Most of the successful running teams have a featured runner, but make use of all their RB's.
    Tiki Barber was better because of Brandon Jacobs and Ron Dayne, Edgerrin James was better because of Dominic Rhodes.
    LT's better because of Michael Turner.
    Look at Denver, they always use more than one RB.
    542cbf305f333b0554e8ffa937f852d6

  8. #28
    Del Rio is offline Coordinator
    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Posts
    881

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    "JDogg926" wrote:
    I think this is a great idea also.
    The only thing it will hurt is Taylor's fantasy value.


    I still think he should get 15-20 carries a game, but I'd like to see Mewelde Moore a little bit more, maybe 8-10 carries a game, then if Taylor's having a bad game, maybe Moore will be having a good one and we'll still be alright.


    We could even get Fason a couple carries a game.

    Most of the successful running teams have a featured runner, but make use of all their RB's.
    Tiki Barber was better because of Brandon Jacobs and Ron Dayne, Edgerrin James was better because of Dominic Rhodes.
    LT's better because of Michael Turner.
    Look at Denver, they always use more than one RB.
    I think the one consistent thing on those teams mentioned is the line and the dedication to the run.

    I am biased though. ;D
    If you promise to be smarter, I will promise to be nicer.

    My posts are worth 6 of yours.

  9. #29
    mountainviking's Avatar
    mountainviking is offline Team Alumni
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    2,841

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    "Del" wrote:

    I think the one consistent thing on those teams mentioned is the line and the dedication to the run.

    I am biased though. ;D
    Hopefully, we'll be one of those teams!!
    Moore definitely has some moves!
    Every once in awhile, he pulls off something almost Barry-esque...

    The knock on Peterson has also been his toughness...the skills are there.
    I think, if he stayed healthy, that would be one hell of a one-two punch!
    But, I also believe we have more pressing needs with that pick.
    We've had decent luck with our 4th rd RBs...and I wouldn't mind seeing Moore, Fason, or Pinner get some more carries.
    Hell, lets put Dugan and Richardson on that list too!!!
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

    "Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    65

    Re: Chester Taylor to split carries???

    another plus that we aren't really looking at is the possibilty of raising a players value that is already on payroll.
    if someone is carrying 25% of the time, and they are making plays, maybe we can get something decent for a player that otherwise would have littel trade value, and maybe get some extra picks next year.
    I think that we have one of the more diverse running cores in the league.
    Name a situation that we aren't good for.
    i beleive that chester is our guy, but we need to use the guys on our payroll to keep him fresh, and we may just find a star
    ~~I'm but one Vikings fan in a sea of Frudge Packers!!!~~

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Peterson to get less carries, Taylor to get more carries?
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 11-30-2008, 08:31 AM
  2. MOVED: Peterson to get less carries, Taylor to get more carries?
    By ultravikingfan in forum General NFL Discussion
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-28-2008, 06:01 PM
  3. Chester Taylor
    By urvaday in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 31
    Last Post: 03-23-2008, 03:53 PM
  4. Chester Taylor: HE SAID IT
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 04-11-2006, 01:42 AM
  5. Chester Taylor: HE SAID IT
    By singersp in forum Vikings Fan Forum
    Replies: 28
    Last Post: 03-20-2006, 12:57 AM

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •