Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    jmcdon00 is offline Jersey Retired Snake Champion, Moto Trial Fest 2: Mountain Pack Champion, LL City Truck 2 Champion, Arithmetic sequence Champion, Troops Tower Defense Champion

Re: Cherepinsky's Mock

"Chazz" wrote:
    WARNING:
    My following comments will draw the ire of all Winfield crotch sniffers.

Winfield although he can play both, is actually better suited to play in the cover 2 than a man to man scheme.

I believe his size is kindof a detractor when it comes to jamming/bumping a guy at the line or fighting for a ball that might be a bit off target.

Typically a indicator of this is a guys number of tackles related to his interceptions.
    Winny likes to keep the guy in front of him and then tackle him as soon as he catches the pass vice trying to jump a route or press the guy out of his route.

Couldn't agree more. Winfield is the perfect cover 2 corner. Great tackler, awesome in run support, keeps YAC to almost nothing. When he plays man, he becomes exposed and starts to look a little average. That's what keeps him out of the pro bowl every year.

You my friend, just moved up a column on the spread sheet.

Ahhh...moving up in the world, one column at a time.

:P
    Wow, all you had to do was agree completely with mar. Maybe I'll start doing that, nah. ;D

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"jmcdon00" wrote:
    "Chazz" wrote:
    WARNING:
    My following comments will draw the ire of all Winfield crotch sniffers.

Winfield although he can play both, is actually better suited to play in the cover 2 than a man to man scheme.

I believe his size is kindof a detractor when it comes to jamming/bumping a guy at the line or fighting for a ball that might be a bit off target.

Typically a indicator of this is a guys number of tackles related to his interceptions.
    Winny likes to keep the guy in front of him and then tackle him as soon as he catches the pass vice trying to jump a route or press the guy out of his route.

Couldn't agree more. Winfield is the perfect cover 2 corner. Great tackler, awesome in run support, keeps YAC to almost nothing. When he plays man, he becomes exposed and starts to look a little average. That's what keeps him out of the pro bowl every year.

You my friend, just moved up a column on the spread sheet.

Ahhh...moving up in the world, one column at a time.

Wow, all you had to do was agree completely with mar. Maybe I'll start doing that, nah. ;D
    Agreeing with me gets you nothing.
    Making solid posts will get you everything.
    ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

I like the first 3 picks but I dunno about the 4th. I think the Vikings are gonna go late to get a qb not in the 4th anyways we could go for a Tight End there.

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

*bump*

all but his 2nd rd is amazing for us

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

Terrible mock for us, I wouldn't be happy with this at all.

"Mr" wrote:
    how so? explain please

Mr Anderson is offline Jersey Retired

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    how so? explain please
    Because we let Harvey, Phillips, DeSean Jackson, and Sweed slip by us and picked a defensive end with only 12 sacks in his entire career at Clemson.

Merling could prove me wrong at the Clemson pro-day, but until then, I'd like to stay away from him.

Joe Flacco plays against absolutely no one and isn't worth a second round pick, just like Tarvaris Jackson wasn't.

The third round is pretty good I guess, but I'm not sold on Zbikowski. Sure he's the best player on the Notre Dame defense... but that doesn't say much, it's Notre Dame's defense. And isn't he a boxer? I don't want a guy who could potentially pull a Smardzija and not play professional football.

I do like Jermichael Finley though, his upside is tremendous, and he's very young, I think that the 3rd round is a perfect time to pick a guy like that. 6'5" 240, Great hands, very good athleticism, and can stretch the field(potentially, he didn't run well at the combine).

And I honestly can't see us not addressing offensive line in the first 4 rounds of the draft.

"Mr" wrote:
    "dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Mr" wrote:
    how so? explain please
    Because we let Harvey, Phillips, DeSean Jackson, and Sweed slip by us and picked a defensive end with only 12 sacks in his entire career at Clemson.

Merling could prove me wrong at the Clemson pro-day, but until then, I'd like to stay away from him.

Joe Flacco plays against absolutely no one and isn't worth a second round pick, just like Tarvaris Jackson wasn't.

The third round is pretty good I guess, but I'm not sold on Zbikowski. Sure he's the best player on the Notre Dame defense... but that doesn't say much, it's Notre Dame's defense. And isn't he a boxer? I don't want a guy who could potentially pull a Smardzija and not play professional football.

I do like Jermichael Finley though, his upside is tremendous, and he's very young, I think that the 3rd round is a perfect time to pick a guy like that. 6'5" 240, Great hands, very good athleticism, and can stretch the field(potentially, he didn't run well at the combine).

And I honestly can't see us not addressing offensive line in the first 4 rounds of the draft.
    ummmmm
    1. way to not read my post where i said it was good besides the 2nd round, we can go oline there
    2. why would it bother u that we passed on kenny phillips? we have our FS of the future
    aaaaaaand 3. why in the world would u mention zbikowski going to box when he would not have declared for the draft if he didnt wanna play football, Smardzija never declared for the draft, theres no need to worry about that

Zeus is offline Jersey Retired

"NodakPaul" wrote:
    "cajunvike" wrote:
    "NodakPaul" wrote:
    I don't see Reggie Smith dropping to #17, nor do I see him playing safety.
    He is one of the better CBs in the draft, and will be drafted highly as such.

I have no idea who John David Booty is, but he gets my vote for coolest name...
    ONLY the QB for USC last season...DUH!!!

Your PP.O Bud Grant title has been hereby REVOKED...effective TOMORROW!!!
    Huh, I always just called him "The-guy-who-would-forever-be-compared-to-Matt-Leinart."
    Isn't Leinart "The-guy-who-would-forever-be-compared-to-Carson-Palmer"?

=Z=

Thanks to Josdin for the awesome sig!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234