Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    snowinapril is online now Jersey Retired

Re: Check out this 3 round mock

"SnoSho" wrote:
    Why does everyone want us to take Croyle? I wouldn't hang a future Hall of Fame tag on him till he can prove to stay healthy.

hope they find a place to grab Eslinger, he seems to be very down to earth and would be a good back up with some work on the line and incase something happens to Birk.
    I like the Eslinger idea too!

About injuries, you have to take some chances. Law of averages might say he might not be as likely to get injured again. Plus, BJ seemed to be injured a lot while he was here b4. We got rid of him and he went on to win a SB, realize he was out the door anyway with DC in the wings. I think the injury thing is a perception. You can't be afraid of the injury bug. We don't know what the future has in store for any of these QBs in the draft.

whackthepack is offline Jersey Retired

"SnoSho" wrote:
    Why does everyone want us to take Croyle? I wouldn't hang a future Hall of Fame tag on him till he can prove to stay healthy.

hope they find a place to grab Eslinger, he seems to be very down to earth and would be a good back up with some work on the line and incase something happens to Birk.

He scares me with the knee and shoulder injuries. I know I sound like a broken record, I would rather get Matt Schaub from Atlanta.
    What we've got here is failure to communicate.

revprodeji is offline Starter

From what I have seen and heard I think D'qwell is still a better fit. He is a true leader, a smart guy, a 4 year starter and great in coverage. Sims reminds me of a blitz back. But not as someone i feel can be a coverage star we need
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

LL-MMan is offline Starter

I'd trade all for Leinart

Viking fans hunger a Championship more than anyone in sports.

Bring it home boyz.
    Bring it home.

Brodie Croyle could very possibly be the next late round QB steal, He has a cannon for an arm, okay accuracy and he could learn how to read defences from Brad. I would love to see him in purple and gold!

chilifoot is offline Starter

"LL-MMan" wrote:
    I'd trade all for Leinart
    i wouldn't trade it all... but i wouldn't be upset if we somehow pulled off only giving up our 1st, a 2nd, and a 3rd to move up to get him.... it would still leave us with a 2nd and a 3rd

Warp is offline Asst. Coach

Another great mock draft(the best imo) is http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/sub/mockdraft.html
    Great analysis overall.
    Has Vikes taking

1st Round pick 17-OLB Florida St. Ernie Sims - With more cap room than anybody heading into free agency the Vikings new front office has been very busy this offseason, plugging holes left and right. One area they have yet to really address sufficiently though is linebacker which makes that a potential target for this pick. Brad Childress plucked his new defensive coordinator Mike Tomlin from the Tampa Bay Buccaneers staff and you can bet that he understands just how integral of a role Derrick Brooks played in helping that famed Cover 2 scheme run to perfection. With that said it isn't hard to imagine them jumping at the chance to add Ernie Sims, who brings many of the same qualities to the table that Brooks does. Sims only checks in at 5-11 and 230 lbs. but he plays and hits like a guy who is much bigger and compensates for that lack of ideal size with outstanding speed and athleticism. Even more important though is his playmaking ability and when you watch Florida St. film #34 continually flashes all over the screen, seemingly in on every stop. Sims has seen his stock soar in recent weeks though and there is a chance he might not be available here but if he is it sure looks like a match made in NFL Draft Heaven. The other situation to watch out for with the Vikings is a trade up for one of the top three quarterbacks and with a number of extra first days picks the team has plenty of ammo to make a move for Daunte Culpepper's long-term replacement if they so choose. Matt Leinart is probably out of their reach but Vince Young and Jay Cutler are realistic options, especially if one starts to fall toward the latter part of the Top 10.

2nd round pick 48-OG Georgia Max Jean-Gilles - A prototypcial right guard who would complete the rebuilding job along the offensive line.

2nd round pick 51-CB Penn St. Alan Zemaitis - Experienced player who will be a perfect fit for the teams new Cover 2 defensive scheme.

3rd round pick 83-QB Alabama Brodie Croyle - Brad Johnson is 37-years-old and they really need to start developing a long-term solution

3rd round pick 95-OT L.S.U. Andrew Whitworth - An experienced starter who will provide quality depth at both right and left tackle for them.

chilifoot is offline Starter

ah, i see now warp.... you put the explanations and everything... nice work

mn2181 is offline Training Camp

I like picking Eslinger, but why would we ever pick him in the 2nd round. He is worth a 3rd or 4th round pick so hopefully we get him in the 3rd round if we waste a 2nd round pick on him I'll be dissapointed, he's an undersized center who probably won't play right away. I don't think we should trade up for a QB, it would be a much better deal to trade for Schuab. I'd gladly give up a 2nd round pick or even a 2nd and the 3rd we get for Burleson to get Schuab. He is young but has already played some and shown signs of success. He is the most ready to play QB and I think the only one who maybe will be better is Leinhart but I'd rather keep some of our picks.

ThaSuperFreak33 is offline Pro-Bowler

I like Schaub but I dont think the Falcons want to give him away. It would be nice to land him though because he is young and has playing experience.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast