Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: charles rogers

SHaKE N BaKe is offline Waterboy

Re: charles rogers

We already gave one reciever like Rogers a chance, and we only got half a year of anything good out of Koren Robinson, then he gets suspended.
    So not worth it.

davike is offline Team Alumni

"Prophet" wrote:
    I wouldn't even pay him in stale pringles.
    Maybe Rogers and Williamson could open up a mini-camp and show the rookies what not to do the first few yrs in the league.

I would pay him a little more then stale pringles, but not much more. Sign him to the practice squad, it won't hurt, maybe he will actually do something here, I'm not saying he will for sure, but you never know.

Thanks Josdin00 for the sig!

Euphman06 is offline Asst. Coach

Heck no!
    No room for a no talent turd like him when we're trying to rebuild in a positive form...

revprodeji is offline Starter

Wasnt Chris Carter considered a hot-head when we got him from the eagles?

Rogers has talent. He is far from a no-talent WR. Perhaps he could use another chance. I think his problem has been his bones more than his track record
    www.prodeji.mychoices.biz

I think they should bring him in for a look, its worth a shot.
    He obviously has talent, wouldn't have been a first rounder if he didn't.
    He has just as much if not more credentials as everyone of our recievers right now.
    So why not try him out in camp and see what he can do.

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

"revprodeji" wrote:
    Wasnt Chris Carter considered a hot-head when we got him from the eagles?

Rogers has talent. He is far from a no-talent WR. Perhaps he could use another chance. I think his problem has been his bones more than his track record
    Yeah, he has really torn it up since he has been in the NFL.

Some more goodies including admitting using marijuana.

Comparing his situation to Cris Carter when he was signed for less than the price of a night out on the town is laughable.

Giants | Team not expected to sign C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 14 Apr 2007 06:35:32 -0700

The Bergen Record reports there is no deal imminent between the New York Giants and free-agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). Rogers visited the team earlier this week.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Giants | Rogers visits team - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 12 Apr 2007 16:39:25 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free-agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) visited the New York Giants.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

NFL | C. Rogers struggling during workouts? - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 25 Feb 2007 19:33:54 -0800

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) is reportedly getting worse at his workouts for teams. Rogers apparently ran the 40-yard dash in the range of 4.8 seconds during a workout with the Kansas City Chiefs in January.

Lions | Team gets grievance hearing against C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 15 Feb 2007 21:30:13 -0800

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports the Detroit Lions will have a grievance hearing against free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) May 11. The team is trying to recover $10 million in signing bonuses paid to Rogers. The Lions contend Rogers breached his contract when he was suspended for violating the league's substance abuse policy. Under the new Collective Bargaining Agreement, teams are forbidden from recouping bonuses in those situations. However, the team filed the grievance under the terms of the old CBA.

Chiefs | C. Rogers works out with team - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 27 Jan 2007 20:36:53 -0800

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) worked out with the Kansas City Chiefs this weekend.

Patriots | C. Rogers works out with team Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 7 Oct 2006 11:22:08 -0700

Mike Reiss, of The Boston Globe, reports free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) worked out with the New England Patriots Friday, Oct. 6.

NFL | Former Lions WR Rogers admits to marijuana use - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 6 Oct 2006 08:45:54 -0700

The Detroit Free Press reports former Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers admits to marijuana use, which led to a four-game suspension handed down by the NFL, during an interview with the NFL Network. "I tested positive for marijuana," Rogers said. "That's something I could deal with. I feel more ashamed for me, my family, for the organization. You know, it was a situation where, hey, I (bleeped) up. And I can admit that." Rogers, a former first-round draft choice, was released by the Lions earlier this year and has yet to sign with a new team.

NFL | Rogers working to get another chance - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 16 Sep 2006 10:57:16 -0700

Len Pasquarelli, of ESPN.com, reports free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) continues to train hard in hopes of receiving another chance from an NFL team. "I'm taking care of the things I can control," Rogers said. "I want people to know that I'm working hard and I'm ready to play football. I want to play football. It's what I've done most of my life and I've still got a lot of miles on me. If anything, what's happened has really [reinforced] how much the game means to me. These two weeks away, well, let's just say I'm hungry to get back."

Dolphins | Rogers struggles in workout - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 13 Sep 2006 14:53:32 -0700

ESPN's John Clayton reports free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) did not look too impressive in his workout with the Miami Dolphins, as he didn't show great speed or catch the ball all that well.

Dolphins | Rogers works out - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 12 Sep 2006 19:37:05 -0700

ESPNews reports the Miami Dolphins worked out free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) Tuesday, Sept. 12.

Buccaneers | No contract offer for C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 8 Sep 2006 05:54:27 -0700

The St. Petersburg Times reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers have not made a contract offer to free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). "I'm not going to get into all that," head coach Jon Gruden said. "He was the No. 2 pick overall (2003). He's on the free agent wire right now, and we thought it was important for us to meet him and see how he's doing physically; just get a feel for him from our own standpoint. We had pretty good grades on him, obviously, coming out. We just took a look into his situation as we have a number of players."

Buccaneers | Team works out C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 7 Sep 2006 05:48:58 -0700

Alex Marvez, of the Sun-Sentinel, reports the Tampa Bay Buccaneers worked out free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) Wednesday, Sept. 6.

Dolphins | Team remains interested in Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 6 Sep 2006 05:13:06 -0700

The Miami Herald reports the Miami Dolphins continue to show interest in free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions) as do some other teams.

Dolphins | Saban comments on C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 5 Sep 2006 06:29:05 -0700

Armando Salguero, of the Miami Herald, reports Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban would not dismiss speculation that the team would work out free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). 'I know he worked very, very hard to get back from his first collarbone or shoulder injury, then [injured the collarbone] again,' Saban said. "Things just haven't worked out for him there. . . . He has a lot of ability.'

Vikings | Childress has not looked at film of Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 5 Sep 2006 05:43:39 -0700

Kevin Seifert, of the Star Tribune, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress had not watched any film of free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions), whom Detroit released Saturday, Sept. 3. However, Childress said, "we still have time."

Broncos | Team likely to pass on C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 5 Sep 2006 05:12:17 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports the Denver Broncos will likely pass on signing free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). The Broncos are happy with their current group of wide receivers, plus Roger will be looking for a signing bonus to sign with someone.

Dolphins | Team to meet with Rogers? - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 5 Sep 2006 04:41:14 -0700

Brad Biggs, of the Chicago Sun-Times, reports the Miami Dolphins apparently have a visit planned with free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). His agent, Kevin Poston, declined to talk specifically about his client's options. Dolphins head coach Nick Saban recruited him to Michigan State.

Vikings | Team has not ruled out C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 4 Sep 2006 23:26:36 -0700

Sean Jensen, of the Pioneer Press, reports Minnesota Vikings head coach Brad Childress said he is confident in his wide receiver group. However, he has not ruled out taking a look at free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). Childress said, "He is a guy that's been released. I have not seen a snap of tape on him from the preseason, but we still have time."

NFL | No teams put in a waiver claim for C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 4 Sep 2006 22:35:24 -0700

Adam Schefter, of the NFL Network, reports none of the teams in the NFL put in a waiver claim for free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions).

Dolphins | Not ruling out looking at Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 4 Sep 2006 16:47:00 -0700

Miami Dolphins head coach Nick Saban did not dismiss a possibility of the team working out free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). Saban recruited him to Michigan State.

Bears | Rogers may not be totally ruled out - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 4 Sep 2006 07:39:05 -0700

Gene Chamberlain, of the Daily Southtown, reports the Chicago Bears have not totally ruled out signing free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). His signing was not totally ruled out by general manager Jerry Angelo, but his comments leaned in the direction of not signing Rogers. "Any player with that kind of talent is going to intrigue you, but it's tough right now when you're getting ready for the season," Angelo said. "We need to know that the people we take out there, that we can count on them. "When you bring in a player, irrelevant of what his talent level is now, without the knowledge of the system, obviously there are some things that are a concern or else he wouldn't be out there. So it's tough to do at this point." The Bears would need to learn more about Rogers before signing him. Rogers has twice suffered a broken collarbone, and he had a substance-abuse problem last year that led to a suspension. Angelo said he's convinced the wide receiver corps as it stands can be sufficient.

Bears | Angelo rules out C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Sun, 3 Sep 2006 19:34:23 -0700

K.C. Johnson, of the Chicago Tribune, reports Chicago Bears general manager Jerry Angelo has all but ruled out pursuing free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions). Angelo realizes he has talent, but believes he is unfamiliar with the team's system and "some things that are a concern or else he wouldn't be out there."

Packers | Team has four wide receivers on active roster - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 22:11:01 -0700

Mike Vandermause, of PackersNews.com, reports the Green Bay Packers have only four wide receivers on their active roster. General manger Ted Thompson said the team might pick up another receiver and did not specify if the team put a waiver claim in for free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions).

NFL | Poston: Rogers to be a wanted man - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 10:53:07 -0700

The Associated Press reports agent Kevin Poston expects NFL teams to start calling Sunday, Sept. 3, about free agent WR Charles Rogers (Lions), assuming he clears league-wide waivers. "After 24 hours, we will start contacting teams and I'm sure teams will be contacting us," Poston told The Associated Press Saturday morning, Sept. 2. "He's a 25-year-old receiver with a lot of talent."

Lions | Rogers released - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 2 Sep 2006 08:50:46 -0700

The Associated Press reports the Detroit Lions released WR Charles Rogers Saturday, Sept. 2.

Lions | Rogers knows his Detroit time is up - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 1 Sep 2006 18:05:02 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers knows his time in Detroit is just about over. "It'd be hard for me to believe I'm still here, just what happened in this situation," Rogers said Thursday night, Aug. 31, after playing one series in the preseason finale, a 20-13 loss to Buffalo. "I think my days are numbered." Rogers looked like he was turning things around toward the end of the off-season program, but Rogers couldn't keep it up. When the first depth chart came out, he was listed as a third-teamer. He caught one pass for seven yards and committed a false-start penalty in the preseason opener, then missed the next two exhibitions with a bruised knee. If the Lions cut Rogers, they would not take a salary-cap hit this year under the NFL's new rules. It is believed they would take a $3.275 million hit next year; something they could handle easily with the cap jumping to $109 million and then Rogers would be off their books. "If they cut me Saturday, hey, I just move on, man," Rogers said. "Find me another team and play some football."
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

Prophet is offline Jersey Retired

Lions | Rogers appears to be on his way out - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 1 Sep 2006 12:20:17 -0700

ESPNews reports the Detroit Lions appear to be ready to cut WR Charles Rogers.

Lions | Quiet night for C. Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 31 Aug 2006 19:36:04 -0700

The Associated Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers entered the team's preseason finale Thursday evening, Aug. 31, in the second half, but he didn't see much action. Rogers caught one pass from QB Dan Orlovsky for three yards.

Lions | Rogers will get an extensive look Thursday - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 30 Aug 2006 06:17:01 -0700

Terry Foster, of the Detroit News, reports Detroit Lions offensive coordinator Mike Martz said WR Charles Rogers will get an extensive look in the team's preseason finale Thursday evening, Aug. 31. That's good news for Rogers, who said he is ready to go. Will he get an opportunity to show his talents? "I don't know," Rogers said. "We will see. If I get the opportunity, hopefully I will. If I don't get (the opportunity), I can't hang my head. I just got to keep my head up and move on." Martz said Rogers will get "extensive" playing time. "I'd like to see him make some big plays," Martz said. "We want to get him in there and see what he can do." Martz said the wide receiver competition after WR Roy Williams is heated and would not say what others have done to stay ahead of Rogers. Rogers is listed third on the depth chart. Rogers' thing is stretching defenses with his speed. He is one of the fastest players on the field, but the Lions have questioned his dedication and grasp of Martz's offense.

Lions | Rogers hoping to play this week - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 29 Aug 2006 17:58:04 -0700

The Associated Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers, who hasn't played since the first preseason game, is hoping to get a chance to win a roster spot in Thursday's game, Aug. 31, against the Buffalo Bills. "I want that opportunity," he said. "I haven't had the chance to play Charles Rogers football. I know I can help this team win."

Lions | C. Rogers will likely make the 53-man roster - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 28 Aug 2006 22:10:34 -0700

Tom Kowalksi, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers will likely make the team's final roster.

Lions | C. Rogers does not play Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 25 Aug 2006 23:02:35 -0700

The Associated Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) did not play in the preseason game Friday, Aug. 25.

Lions | C. Rogers misses practice Wednesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 23 Aug 2006 19:01:59 -0700

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) missed practice Wednesday, Aug. 23.

Lions | C. Rogers will miss another preseason game - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 23 Aug 2006 16:15:07 -0700

The Associated Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) will miss Friday's preseason game, Aug. 25, at Oakland because of a knee injury. "It's week to week right now, not day to day," Detroit head coach Rod Marinelli said Wednesday, Aug. 23. "We'll look at where he is again next week." Rogers is in danger of being released or traded, if the Lions can find a team that wants him, just three years after he was drafted with the second pick overall.

Lions | C. Rogers could go on the waiver wire - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 22:01:13 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers could go on the waiver wire if the team decides to cut ties with him. He would be subject to the waiver wire because he only has three years of league experience. By going on the waiver wire, the Lions would have no control over who he signs with and the team that claims him would get Rogers for cheap. Rogers failed to reach many of his contract incentives and the team that claims him and the remaining four years of his contract would only be on the hook for his one-year salary of $757,917. The team that claims him could release him if things do not work out and there would be no additional hit on their salary cap.

Lions | C. Rogers misses practice Tuesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 22 Aug 2006 16:19:54 -0700

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) missed practice Tuesday, Aug. 22.

Lions | C. Rogers misses practice Monday - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 21 Aug 2006 17:30:42 -0700

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) missed practice Monday, Aug. 21.

Lions | Rogers not sure when he can return - from www.KFFL.com
    Mon, 21 Aug 2006 15:39:43 -0700

The Associated Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) said Monday, Aug. 21, he did not know when he would be able to practice again, but he is not resigned to the fact that his tenure in Detroit soon might end. "I'm still wearing the Honolulu blue and coming to work every day and doing what I've got to do to be a part of this team."

Lions | C. Rogers does not play Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:41:14 -0700

Tom Withers, of the Associated Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) did not play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 18.

Lions | Third preseason game critical for Rogers - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 18 Aug 2006 21:19:27 -0700

Mike O'Hara, of the Detroit News, reports the Detroit Lions' third preseason game will be critical for WR Charles Rogers (knee) and his future with the team. Head coach Rod Marinelli said, "That third game, we want to kind of start focusing in on a full game week, zero in. We'd like to get a good first half. That would be the goal now. Then the last week we pull back." Rogers missed the team's second preseason game with a sore knee.

Lions | C. Rogers misses practice Thursday - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 17 Aug 2006 13:23:20 -0700

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) missed practice Thursday, Aug. 17.

Lions | Rogers will not play Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 17 Aug 2006 12:12:36 -0700

ESPNews reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) will not play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 18.

Lions | C. Rogers misses practice Wednesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 16 Aug 2006 19:39:11 -0700

Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) missed practice Wednesday, Aug. 16.

Lions | C. Rogers expected to play Friday - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 22:00:34 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of mlive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) is expected to play in the team's preseason game Friday, Aug. 18, despite missing all or part of practice Tuesday, Aug. 15.

Lions | C. Rogers sits out practice Tuesday - from www.KFFL.com
    Tue, 15 Aug 2006 19:23:30 -0700

The Associated Press reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (knee) sat out both practice sessions Tuesday, Aug. 15, with a sore knee.

Lions | Rogers quiet in preseason opener - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 12 Aug 2006 11:18:27 -0700

Nicholas J. Cotsonika, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers was held to one reception for seven yards during the team's preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11.

Lions | C. Rogers should see plenty of time in the preseason - from www.KFFL.com
    Thu, 10 Aug 2006 18:45:16 -0700

Associated Press reports Detroit Lions head coach Rod Marinelli said WR Charles Rogers will get a good look in the team's preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11. Rogers is buried on the depth chart and is competing for a role - possibly even a roster spot.

Lions | Rogers dropped to third-string wide receiver - from www.KFFL.com
    Wed, 9 Aug 2006 00:50:31 -0700

George Sipple, of the Detroit Free Press, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers has been dropped to a third-string wide receiver in the team's first depth chart headed into the preseason opener Friday, Aug. 11.

Lions | Rogers banged up during scrimmage - from www.KFFL.com
    Sat, 5 Aug 2006 18:36:28 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers (undisclosed) got a little banged up during the team's scrimmage Saturday, Aug. 5, but should be fine.

Lions | C. Rogers gets time with No. 1 offense - from www.KFFL.com
    Fri, 4 Aug 2006 19:10:48 -0700

Tom Kowalski, of MLive.com, reports Detroit Lions WR Charles Rogers shared time with the No. 1 offense with WR Glenn Martinez Friday, Aug. 4
    Get your facts first, and then you can distort them as much as you please. Mark Twain

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    Charles is looking for employment after being a bust in Detriot.
    I think the Vikes should give him a chance.
    He has some skills, give a shot at camp and see what he does. Right now, the upside is sky high.

Comments...
    No we have enough crappy Wide receivers.

The last thing we need is a over priced crappy WR.

PurpleGator is offline Hall of Famer

"VIKINGinGEORGIA" wrote:
    Charles is looking for employment after being a bust in Detriot.
    I think the Vikes should give him a chance.
    He has some skills, give a shot at camp and see what he does. Right now, the upside is sky high.

Comments...
    No we have enough crappy Wide receivers.

The last thing we need is a over priced crappy WR.

Benet is offline Star Spokesman

Next.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12