Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    cajunvike is offline Jersey Retired

Re: Change your mock drafts, Young is in the mix.

"CynicalVike" wrote:
    His throwing style might be funny, but he led the NCAA in passing percentage this year.
    Let's see how that translates to the NFL before we proclaim him the next Joe Montana!

I seem to remember that Michael Vick's completion percentage was pretty decent in college as well...and we all know how great of an NFL passer he's turned out to be!! :lol:
    BANNED OR DEAD...I'LL TAKE EITHER ONE

CynicalVike is offline Starter

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "CynicalVike" wrote:
    His throwing style might be funny, but he led the NCAA in passing percentage this year.
    Let's see how that translates to the NFL before we proclaim him the next Joe Montana!

I seem to remember that Michael Vick's completion percentage was pretty decent in college as well...and we all know how great of an NFL passer he's turned out to be!! :lol:
    I'm not trying to build him up into the next Montana by any means, just pointing out the fact he did well.

Something else is starting to concern me now that I'm giving this draft some more thought. With Young coming out, and most likely a top 5 pick, that greatly increases the chances that A.J. Hawk will still be on the board when Green Bay picks. I really don't like the idea of A.J. Hawk and Nick Barnett teamed up together. :shock:
    I used to be indecisive, now I m not so sure!

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5234752

This guy says that the Texans taking Young would be a huge mistake!

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/5234752

This guy says that the Texans taking Young would be a huge mistake!
    it would be a mistake to take young or bush because they already have better than average running back and quarterback. they need lots of help on both sides of the ball, bush or young arn't gonna fix anything in houston at all.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

MrGopher16 is offline Hall of Famer

I'm pretty confident that houston will trade their pick for what they really need. Being professionals they know they have a top quality RB when healthy and a QB who could be excellent if he had time to throw the ball before being sacked. As it gets closer to draft time we should expect to see some kind of a deal worked out.
    ;-)

collegeguyjeff is offline Hall of Famer

i agree too i think they need to trade that pick, even if they trade a couple spots down they can get good value for that and someone will really want that pick and give up a lot for it. if they trade down a few spots they could get a o tackle to help protect carr, and maybe another o line player and a second rounder? now that would be smart kill 3 birds with one stone and save some money in the process. why should they risk their future on one draft pick when they can risk it on 3?

and i think the sad thing is that david carr could be better than drew bledsoe, bledsoe should have been one of the all time greats but the unpatriots never gave him a o line to work with then when he gets them to the playoffs he gets hurt, brady takes over and wins the superbowl then they dump bledsoe. now brady has a great offensive line which is sad they never got one for bledsoe.
    I don t buy Wisconsin cheese.

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"ltrey33" wrote:
    Young is coming out? :shock: Him and Esera Tuaolo....oh, sorry wrong coming out!
    Esera is also a member here at PPO........

"jackyl" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Young is coming out? :shock: Him and Esera Tuaolo....oh, sorry wrong coming out!
    Then ask him to give some of his valuable insights into the crazy world of the NFL!!! :grin:

jackyl is offline Hall of Famer

"cajunvike" wrote:
    "jackyl" wrote:
    "ltrey33" wrote:
    Then ask him to give some of his valuable insights into the crazy world of the NFL!!! :grin:
    Just hung up the phone with him. He's posted his insight here, and most people have thought he was crazy and didn't know what he was talking about.... I guess they felt that they knew more than someone that played 9 seasons. :lol:

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234