Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Center

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Center

"CCthebest" wrote:
    As much as Cook sucks at RT he may make as good a center as Birk was. Birk was lazy and past his prime.
    he may be past his prime... hence on the decline, but he was a pivotal part of our offensive line and better than anyone we have at this point. we should have re-signed.

now im the optimistic side... i have faith in Sullivan!

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

Vikes_King is offline Jersey Retired

sign Tauscher and move Cook inside

http://vikesking.blogspot.com/

"We’ll win our own Super Bowl, with our own players. Real Vikings. Something Brett Favre can never be."

- Dan Calabrese

dcboardr41 is offline Team Alumni

"Vikes_King" wrote:
    Sign Tauscher, draft Alex Mack

Pissing on the Pack since 08'

Marrdro is offline Beware My Spreadsheet, Bitches!

"dcboardr41" wrote:
    "Vikes_King" wrote:
    Sign Tauscher, draft Alex Mack
    Judging by Matts comments with respect to Sullivan I am not so sure they will be drafting any Centers in the first round.

Birk said that you can see pretty early if a cat has it and Sullivan has it.....

At least that is what Matt said.... ;D
    Many many thanks to my talented friend Jos for the new Sig.http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v343/josdin00/Vikings/Marrdro_sig.jpg

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

"ejmat" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    As much as Cook sucks at RT he may make as good a center as Birk was. Birk was lazy and past his prime.
    "Birk was lazy and past his prime."
    Are you serious?? ???
    Me thinks thou doth protest too much!!
    :
    You probably don'gt know CC too well.
    He is famous for his one or two line negative statements that half the time is difficult to understand how he comes up with what he does.
    I don't think I've seen a 100% positive post from him since he's been on the site.
    He does make valid points some times but they are 99.9% negative
    That may be true to some extent. But he's been proven right more than once. I'm glad he is here.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

Tauscher ugh....I hate ex packers ( I put up with longwell

jargomcfargo is offline Ring of Fame

If you listen to the podcast with Spielman on KFAN, the center position is pretty well decided.
    What takes a quarterback to the next level is not arm strength or mobility or any of that stuff. Its the ability to play on critical downs. Manage third downs, or red zones or four-minute or two-minute situations"
    Dilfer

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

"CCthebest" wrote:
    Tauscher ugh....I hate ex packers ( I put up with longwell
    hate sharper?? and Fergeson (even tho he's a UFA now) ??

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

"jargomcfargo" wrote:
    "ejmat" wrote:
    "Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    "Birk was lazy and past his prime."
    Are you serious?? ???
    Me thinks thou doth protest too much!!
    :
    You probably don'gt know CC too well.
    He is famous for his one or two line negative statements that half the time is difficult to understand how he comes up with what he does.
    I don't think I've seen a 100% positive post from him since he's been on the site.
    He does make valid points some times but they are 99.9% negative
    That may be true to some extent. But he's been proven right more than once. I'm glad he is here.
    I agree with that.
    I am glad too.
    Like I said he brings up valid points.
    My only issue is it's always negative regardless of what it is about

VikingsTw is offline Jersey Retired

I don't think there is gonna be any doubt that Sullivan is gonna be the guy, I thought he was drafted to be a possible eventual replacement and now that Birk has opted to leave it opens the door for Sullivan. During Preseason and doing the homework I can on him, he's impressed.

Positives for Sullivan involve a great pass protecter, a guy who can get out "athletically" on the pull and do some work, he uses great leverage and has very speciman like legs/trunks. He's a very good pass protecter and as Spielman noted today he's also a very good run blocker which is something new to my research on Sullivan. Some things that are not so football related such as his past History as a competitive Wrestler is very impressive, this shows technique, discipline, smarts, balance, strength, leverage, competition and tuffness. Sullivan dominated Wrestling loosing very few matches and winning multiple state titles. Sullivan was also the first guy into Winter Park this offseason, he was seen running the tread mill. When I listen to Sullivan he's either fooling me or he is a very smart guy, well spoken, says all the right things and I love his "THOUGHT" process. We need intelligent football players and I think Sullivan meets that standard. Great Work Ethic matched with Intelligence and Technique is a good start for Sullivan. EDIT: To add in, Sullivan scored a 35 on his WonderLic. Tops in the 20 Yard Shuttle and Verticle Jump at the Combine all showing his explosiveness.

Negatives probably involve numerous conflicting scouting reports, I've never seen more confliticing scouting reports than I have for John Sullivan. Many say he has maxed out his potential, whatever that means... Some say he is not a very athletic guy but that contradicts as well. Some of the things I know for certain involve shorter arms than what one would like, he also was dead last in bench press with 21 and short arms at the combine, thats not very good. Notre Dame fans were not estatic with his Senior Season play and has plenty to do with slipping to the 6th round. EDIT: Sullivan also had real difficulty snapping the ball out of the ShotGun, this has to be corrected, we don't do it all the time but we use it.

Overall I'm far more impressed with Sullivan than unimpressed. He's got very big shoes to fill, Birk was a Deep Rooted fan favorite for numerous reasons. I think if Sullivan dedicates himself which I fully expect, he has a real opportunity to suceed for the Vikings. I want him to get stronger in his upper body and just start getting experience at the NFL Level. One thing that will help him is having Hutch and Herrerra to his side, this is a good place to be.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast