Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Center

Center

hey since birk left i think i know a good guy to get out of the draft i mean i know that we got that guy from ND last year but we should probably draft A.Q. Shipley out of Penn State, the guy is fast at his position and won the remington award for best center in the country he is projected to be at least 3rd to 5th round.

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

Re: Center

"Alharrissuks91" wrote:
    hey since birk left i think i know a good guy to get out of the draft i mean i know that we got that guy from ND last year but we should probably draft A.Q. Shipley out of Penn State, the guy is fast at his position and won the remington award for best center in the country he is projected to be at least 3rd to 5th round.
    ya this guy is a good prospect to look at. I like what i see with him. Another guy i'd love to have on my team...

Jon Cooper, the center out of Oklahoma. Was the center to one of the best offensive lines in the country.

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

ejmat is offline Jersey Retired

Max Unger is the guy that interests me.
    This guy is versatile and can play different positions.

Garland Greene is offline Jersey Retired

I think The Vikes will roll with Sullivan, Cook or even Herrera at the Center position. Unless a Vet is available, I don't see them going for a 4th Young guy unless theyt can excell at another position besides center.

"Garland" wrote:
    I think The Vikes will roll with Sullivan, Cook or even Herrera at the Center position. Unless a Vet is available, I don't see them going for a 4th Young guy unless theyt can excell at another position besides center.
    It still wouldn't hurt to pick up a versatile player in the draft to add to the depth.
    The depth is pretty short at this time.

mountainviking is offline Team Alumni

Yeah, I think Sullivan will get the first shot at C, with Herrera possibly sliding over if the young guy isn't quite ready.
    Good chance it seems, our starting lineup ends up something like this:

Big Mac

Hutch

Herrera

Sullivan

Hicks

I do think we'll draft depth there...but I feel its unlikely we get Unger, cuz we also need depth at WR, CB, DT, LB etc, and its more likely we can get a decent backup OL guy later.
    Although, I will admit he is an intrigueing prospect, and with this team's love of versatile players, maybe they could go for the guy that can help everywhere along the OL...?
    I guess, I'm still hoping we can snag Harvin or Maclin in the first...or maybe, Nicks or Britt in the 2nd and a CB in the first...hopefully, both with return skills too
    ;D
    Control the line, control the time, and give your D a chance to shine!!

"Balance it on end and thats the third side of the coin!!" -wookiefoot

thatjusthappened28 is offline Asst. Coach

"mountainviking" wrote:
    Yeah, I think Sullivan will get the first shot at C, with Herrera possibly sliding over if the young guy isn't quite ready.
    Good chance it seems, our starting lineup ends up something like this:

Big Mac

Hutch

Herrera

Sullivan

Hicks

I do think we'll draft depth there...but I feel its unlikely we get Unger, cuz we also need depth at WR, CB, DT, LB etc, and its more likely we can get a decent backup OL guy later.
    Although, I will admit he is an intrigueing prospect, and with this team's love of versatile players,
    maybe they could go for the guy that can help everywhere along the OL
    ...?
    I guess, I'm still hoping we can snag Harvin or Maclin in the first...or maybe, Nicks or Britt in the 2nd and a CB in the first...hopefully, both with return skills too
    ;D
    I like the sound of that... one player i know people are talking about that can play everyone on that line is Duke Robinson. what you think?

thank you Josdin00 for the amazing sig!

and yes... that just happened!

CCthebest is offline Hall of Famer

As much as Cook sucks at RT he may make as good a center as Birk was. Birk was lazy and past his prime.

Jimmymeboy is offline Starter

"CCthebest" wrote:
    As much as Cook sucks at RT he may make as good a center as Birk was. Birk was lazy and past his prime.
    "Birk was lazy and past his prime."
    Are you serious?? ???
    Me thinks thou doth protest too much!!
    :

"Jimmymeboy" wrote:
    "CCthebest" wrote:
    "Birk was lazy and past his prime."
    Are you serious?? ???
    Me thinks thou doth protest too much!!
    :
    You probably don'gt know CC too well.
    He is famous for his one or two line negative statements that half the time is difficult to understand how he comes up with what he does.
    I don't think I've seen a 100% positive post from him since he's been on the site.
    He does make valid points some times but they are 99.9% negative

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast